You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
6%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
19%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
42%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
32%

Total votes : 31

Re: General German national team thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sat May 27, 2017 5:38 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:[quote="ramsej84"]well done to the German(?) U20
@ punk you have some bright future ahead =D>
wc u20 [source]

highlights from last match vs the mighty Vanatu http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/videos/ ... index.html

I couldn't understand at all at first. Took me quite a while hahaha

I have no interest whatsoever in Venezuela's NT, tbh. Can't even name more than maybe 1 player from.the senior team. Salomón Rondón, I guess.

I'm serious when I say I don't have. Single drop of patriotism/nationalism in me.

Edit: oh there's also Tomás Rincón, who now sits at Juve's bench and everyone went all proud and crazy when he signed for them :rolls eyes: cant imagine e the embarrassing nationalistic reaction when/if Rincón becomes the first Venezuelan CL winner ...

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Thanks to this forum I am always learning something new from different ppl around the world.

I always thought that South Americans are somewhat like most of us Mediterraneans, patriotic, not liberal, religious(?) However you and Tflafs are the opposite of the impression I had
Then SirG and Pelin are Brazilians but not sure about how you look at your Nt guys...
Then there are those who were born in big footballing countries like Spain and England who do not support their NT
Lukas and YelonXabi...
Coman from France is not very keen on Les Bleus as well if I am not mistaken.
The Dutch girl I am not sure about her

I feel that I have more in common with my Balkan friends from Croatia Montenegro Albania Bulgaria (The Macedonian guy is an exceptionally though)
Then the Med ones as well like Otta and Achilles

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

It's a generational thing I think. Millennials are very liberal and more atheist (I'm borderline Millennial, 89). Our parents' generation is much more conservative and Catholic (although not as conservative as you're, sorry hahaha).

That being said, I'm off the norm in my complete rejection of national pride.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk[/quote]
I am not conservative ... my God what an impression I leave ... I guess that you imagine me as someone against Contraceptives or against sex before marriage...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Tue May 30, 2017 4:01 pm

Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 30, 2017 4:04 pm

pussies... that is what you get when..............................
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Tue May 30, 2017 4:07 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

pussies... that is what you get when..............................

pussies who won the World Cup... and are saving energy to win next year as well, instead of risk injury in a meaningless cash-grab (ramsej, I thought you were against this brazen capitalism? ;) )
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 30, 2017 4:29 pm

the world cup is 365 days away :wink:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Tue May 30, 2017 5:50 pm

ramsej84 wrote:the world cup is 365 days away :wink:

and for that, i can't wait... maybe i will even be living back in Germany by then?? It would make watching games a lot easier, that's for sure...

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby America USA » Tue May 30, 2017 10:43 pm

If a 32 year old Ronaldo can play for Portugal in the Confederations Cup this summer in Russia for only five game at the most (and mind you, Ronaldo plays almost all matches for Real Madrid and they play 38 league games and two legged domestic cup games in Spain) then what's the excuse for a 27 year old Thomas Müller? Who started only 25 games in the BL and was left on the bench in many crucial Cup and CL games (Semifinal against Dortmund and Ro16 against Arsenal)??

If anything Thomas always performs nicely for the National team and maybe winning an international trophy and making key contributions for Germany would help lift his confidence after an average season and help him come back to Bayern with his confidence up and his form regained.

No excuses for demanding rest when you didn't play most games for your club and are in a bad spell of form and could do with a few goals. I can't imagine the original Muller (Gerd) doing something like this. Just shows how misplaced the priorities are for players nowadays. Playing for your country and representing your nation must be and will always remain the highest honor for any player. Period.

Alas, Money and greed rules the roost!

Also, if anyone thinks that this tournament is a money making scam and therefore you shouldn't play a full strength squad in it then the next time Bayern win the Champions League none of our best players should participate in the Super Cups and the FIFA Club WC and should instead be "rested" for the BL and CL.
(This is just sarcasm btw, Messi and Iniesta were with Barcelona in the 2015 Club WC and both Ronaldo and Kroos were with Madrid in the Club WC last year)
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Tue May 30, 2017 11:31 pm

Also I have never understood this "risk injury" excuse either. If it's an actual dead rubber game, like Bayern's last three league games then yes I can understand not risking key players because there's nothing at stake. However if there is a trophy to be won then this excuse doesn't cut it with me.

Injuries can happen at any time. Imagine Germany losing Neuer next WC if he gets injured playing in the CL final for us or Argentina losing Messi just before World Cup because someone decides to take him out in the Spanish Cup Final. Saying that you want to avoid "injuries" for a tournament that's still 12 months away doesn't make much sense to me, and I'm sure many others with common sense would also think likewise.

Also suppose, notwithstanding this "rest" that's given a year in advance, in the first game of the Group stage of the WC someone like Khedira or Boateng pulls up and has to withdraw from the competition then what? What's the excuse gonna be then? How would have this "rest" helped in anyway then?

There's no other way to put it then to say this is a textbook case of chickening out on the part of many German players, when these same guys would be more than willing to travel to Morocco or Japan with their club sides to play in the Club WC. Hypocrites
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nm462272 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:15 am

again, while everything you say is technically true, it's a meaningless trophy with minimal respect internationally. you personally may feel it's important, but that's not the position of DFB

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Wed May 31, 2017 1:10 am

Honestly what is happening on this forum lately? Forum's getting weird these days.

Forsberg not a good player. A storm in a teacup over the Confederations Cup of all things. Can we just go back to the Guardiola Debates? That made sense to me!

America USA, I used to be opposed to your opinion on the Confed Cup. But now I just value the passion you've found for something I think the vast majority of people find insignificant. That kind of motivation is rare and an example of the energy the rest of us should bring to our lives.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed May 31, 2017 2:56 am

Looooooooooooool
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed May 31, 2017 2:58 am

I consider myself an unhealthily avid football fan. I've watched obscure La Liga bottom-of-the-table clashes, I've watched the Belgian league, I've watched Serie B relegation playoffs, I've watched the Swiss league. I've never watched a Confed Cup match in my life.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby pyrasur » Wed May 31, 2017 3:58 am

pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Wed May 31, 2017 4:26 am

Crap. Forgot "tremendous. Really the best" :)
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Wed May 31, 2017 6:09 am

Germany should have declined to participate in this competition if they didn't want to take it seriously. There are other nations that would have really wanted to play and given their all. For the sake of the fans and the German NT prestige (they definitely won't win the competition with this team) it would have been best if some other nation took Germany's place.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team