You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
9%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
18%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
39%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
33%

Total votes : 33

Re: General German national team thread

Postby nm462272 » Thu May 25, 2017 1:36 pm

America USA wrote:Lol at me being labeled an ultra right nut job for being in favor of patriotism and national pride. I like to describe myself as a left leaning centrist and to set the record straight I DO NOT support the right wing party in my nation and I most certainly DON'T support the oompah loompah who won last November on a mere technicality.

It's sad that any expression of national pride is considered to be "bad" in Europe these days. Guess that's what years upon years of political indoctrination in schools does. You can be Patriotic without being a hateful asshole. Also just because some idiot wants you to wear the national flag and you do so doesn't mean you're supporting him/her. No one has property rights over national symbol!

no one is labeling you anything... :roll: Europeans have seen what ultra-nationalistic sentiment can lead to... you can be proud of your country, but outright displays of that pride in daily life make some uncomfortable
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby America USA » Thu May 25, 2017 1:39 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I am not the biggest fan of int football but this is not a friendly tournament or the qualifies.. so...
I don't think that refusing a call from one's NT is that smart...
The tournament is not a long one, max five games.

I am in search for a new NT to follow... my favourites are Polska and Hrvatska

This is what I've been saying all along. I don't like international friendlies one bit but this tournament is just not a mere friendly. It's like the UEFA Super Cup/DFL Super Cup and Club World Cup of International football. If you think this tournament is useless then so are the other three club tournaments of a similar nature.

I agree that there's an excess of football matches right now but this Cup is only five games long and actually has something to play for. I'd say get rid of meaningless friendly games that come during the season rather than an international Cup trophy which is played in off season. If a professional elite player makes excuses for such a short duration of a tournament, I'm sure as hell gonna judge their professionalism, integrity and pride for the country. Doing something like this a couple of decades ago would be considered blasphemous.

Again I'd like to reiterate that I've got no problem with selecting young players to test them but not selecting even a single WC winner and no one with proven international football pedigree sends a very defeatist message.

Also for the part in bold, my German ancestry can't be changed so I'm stuck with supporting them! :D
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Thu May 25, 2017 1:42 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Welcome to the dying Continent my friend

We'll I'd say that's a bit extreme and far fetched thing to say.
America USA
I'm a post king!

General German national team thread

Postby Roonzil » Thu May 25, 2017 2:05 pm

America USA wrote:Lol at me being labeled an ultra right nut job for being in favor of patriotism and national pride. I like to describe myself as a left leaning centrist and to set the record straight I DO NOT support the right wing party in my nation and I most certainly DON'T support the oompah loompah who won last November on a mere technicality.

It's sad that any expression of national pride is considered to be "bad" in Europe these days. Guess that's what years upon years of political indoctrination in schools does. You can be Patriotic without being a hateful asshole. Also just because some idiot wants you to wear the national flag and you do so doesn't mean you're supporting him/her. No one has property rights over national symbol!

No one is calling you extreme right. I'm saying that in some EUROPEAN countries nationalism is frowned upon. And to give you a history lesson...that's not bc of "indoctrination" but bc we had an exciting time of "nationalism" between 1940 and 1945.

But I can imagine that if you don't grow up with that history you might mistake jt for "political correctness" or sth.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Last edited by Roonzil on Thu May 25, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu May 25, 2017 2:06 pm

Roonzil wrote:
America USA wrote:^ **** countries

I'm speechless...

I'm not surprised when your username is literally America USA

Ever thought that this kind of nationalism is frowned upon in quite a few European countries?

NT football is bullcrap. I'd rather they have an NT month at the end of a season and get qualies out of the regular season schedule. **** us over every year...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Haha I've always liked the Dutch. They seem to be the most... Advanced (no offense to the patriotic members) culture in (probably) the world. The less... Marred in senseless stuff? I don't know how to put it. Maybe just the most liberal.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Thu May 25, 2017 2:07 pm

Löw has made it clear from the get-go that he wasn't going to call up players who have played the last two tournaments (WC and Euros) as key players. That obviously includes Özil. There's no indication whatsoever that he even considered calling up Özil. With Reus it's different; he would have preferred to have Reus in the squad but Reus said he spent the last three summers in rehabs and he feels he needs a genuine holiday. Personally I don't know whether this isn't a mistake. He's barely been with the national team in the past four years and he wants to play the WC next year. Not only is he barely integrated in the team; it's also that Löw highly values loyalty. He mentioned more than once that one reason he kept calling Podolski was that Poldi never declined a call for dubious reasons. Reus will be 29 next summer, he's barely played with the team and it's not like there's no competition in his position.

Don't know the situation with Sané; sounds like he has trouble breathing and surgery is necessary to resolve the issue. We can replace Sané; most likely Bellarabi will be called up instead.

E: Oh, about not selecting a single WC winner; Draxler and Ginter were in the WC winning squad.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Thu May 25, 2017 2:18 pm

^ I like your post. But let's be honest Draxler and Ginter hardly played any part in the WC tournament. I'm talking about a couple of guys who played an important part in the win. Kroos/Muller, Kroos/Ozil, etc.

And your assessment of the Reus situation is spot on. He has not won anything with Germany and this was his time to shine. He's finally fit for an international Cup tournament and has the chance to prove himself with the NT. But he rather prefers to "rest." Also I don't see him playing next year if someone else outperforms him.
In a 4231 Reus can only play LW, ST or AM. All those spots are preoccupied. LW is Draxler, ST is either Gomez or Timo or Schurrle and AM is either Muller, Ozil or Kroos.

Also Sane has chickedned out. There's no other way of putting this. If he had an injury that jeopardizes his ability to move then yes I'd agree. Also after Sane I have a funny feeling the Draxler is going to do something similar.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu May 25, 2017 2:32 pm

America USA wrote:^ I like your post. But let's be honest Draxler and Ginter hardly played any part in the WC tournament. I'm talking about a couple of guys who played an important part in the win. Kroos/Muller, Kroos/Ozil, etc.

And your assessment of the Reus situation is spot on. He has not won anything with Germany and this was his time to shine. He's finally fit for an international Cup tournament and has the chance to prove himself with the NT. But he rather prefers to "rest." Also I don't see him playing next year if someone else outperforms him.
In a 4231 Reus can only play LW, ST or AM. All those spots are preoccupied. LW is Draxler, ST is either Gomez or Timo or Schurrle and AM is either Muller, Ozil or Kroos.

Also Sane has chickedned out. There's no other way of putting this. If he had an injury that jeopardizes his ability to move then yes I'd agree. Also after Sane I have a funny feeling the Draxler is going to do something similar.

Reus Is several orders of magnitude better than Draxler. Barring injury or willful exclusion, he should be Germany's LW without a doubt. The "perfect" German XI according to individual club performances as of these past two seasons, according to me, would be:

Reus-Werner-Müller
Kroos-Weigl-Gündogan (maybe Khedira for Weigl or Özil in there somewhere)
Hector(meh)-Hummels-Boateng-Kimmich
Neuer

PunkCapitalist

Postby America USA » Thu May 25, 2017 2:40 pm

^ Reus is hardly integrated in the team. That could go against him. Plus who knows if Mario Gotze comes back strong next season and stakes a claim for the WC spot.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:12 pm

squad to choose from:

GK. Neuer - Ter Stegen - Leno - Trapp

DF. Kimmich - Henrichs - Hector - Plattenhardt - Boateng - Hummels - Sule - Howedes - Mustafi - Tah - Rudiger - Ginter

CM. Khedira - Kroos - Weigl - Gundogan - Can - Rudi - Demirbay - Demme - Goretzka

AM. Draxler - Reus - Muller - Oezil - Sane - Younes - Reus - Bellarabi - Brandt - Schurrle - Gnabry - (Goetze)

F. Gomez - Werner - Stindl - Volland - Wagner
Last edited by ramsej84 on Fri May 26, 2017 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu May 25, 2017 3:19 pm

ramsej84 wrote:squad to choose from:

DF. Kimmich - Henrichs - Hector - Plattenhardt - Boateng - Hummels - Sule - Howedes - Mustafi - Tah - Rudiger - Ginter

CM. Khedira - Kroos - Weigl - Gundogan - Can - Rudi - Demirbay - Demme - Goretzka

AM. Draxler - Reus - Muller - Oezil - Sane - Younes - Reus - Bellarabi - Brandt - Schurrle - (Goetze)

Who's Younes? :-/

PunkCapitalist

Postby nm462272 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:22 pm

Amin Younes, plays for Ajax (formerly at BMG)
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby RedQueen » Thu May 25, 2017 3:39 pm

AM. Draxler - Reus - Muller - Oezil - Sane - Younes - Reus - Bellarabi - Brandt - Schurrle - (Goetze)

Orban and Klostermann from Leipzig are also on Löw's radar. Gnabry, too.

Whether Reus will be ahead of all the youngsters capable of playing LW remains to be seen. A lot can happen in a year's time; just look at Werner.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu May 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Why didn't you mention your favourite German RB? :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby America USA » Thu May 25, 2017 3:55 pm

I still hope that Germany win the Confederations Cup it would be a huge confidence booster for all the players involved. I hope Low gets his tactics right against tough teams like Chile and Portugal and the three dark horses.

Will be rooting for the Germans. Go Deutschland!
America USA
I'm a post king!

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team