You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
8%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
23%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
42%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
27%

Total votes : 26

Re: General German national team thread

Postby America USA » Thu May 25, 2017 4:34 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:Still don't understand what you're accusing Reus and Özil of chickening out for. Did they withdraw after being called up? Did I miss an interview where they say they don't want to risk being injured or something?

I genuinely can't give less of a damn about this random international competition, I doubt most of us do, especially when it concerns Bayern players. I'm extremely happy that Müller, Boateng, Hummels and Neuer aren't called up even if they're at peak fitness. I don't like that Vidal chose to go but obviously it's his right, national pride and everything, yeah yeah. My club don't benefit from it and international football is cancer anyway.

Firstly, I've no doubt that Ozil must've somehow secretly conveyed Low the message that he didn't want to go to Russia. As far as Reus, this was his first chance to actually win an international trophy with Germany but I'm sure Dortmund was against this so Low succumbed to the pressure from them. And what Sane done is the textbook example of chickening out.

As for that part in bold I am actually shocked and saddened when I read comments like that. Representing your country is the biggest honor in any sport. Also, I don't want to start a political flame war with what I'm gonna type now but that sentiment of "national pride, yeah, yeah" is probably why Europe finds itself in the sorry situation it is in right now.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sherpthederp » Thu May 25, 2017 5:11 am

America USA wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:Still don't understand what you're accusing Reus and Özil of chickening out for. Did they withdraw after being called up? Did I miss an interview where they say they don't want to risk being injured or something?

I genuinely can't give less of a damn about this random international competition, I doubt most of us do, especially when it concerns Bayern players. I'm extremely happy that Müller, Boateng, Hummels and Neuer aren't called up even if they're at peak fitness. I don't like that Vidal chose to go but obviously it's his right, national pride and everything, yeah yeah. My club don't benefit from it and international football is cancer anyway.

Firstly, I've no doubt that Ozil must've somehow secretly conveyed Low the message that he didn't want to go to Russia. As far as Reus, this was his first chance to actually win an international trophy with Germany but I'm sure Dortmund was against this so Low succumbed to the pressure from them. And what Sane done is the textbook example of chickening out.

As for that part in bold I am actually shocked and saddened when I read comments like that. Representing your country is the biggest honor in any sport. Also, I don't want to start a political flame war with what I'm gonna type now but that sentiment of "national pride, yeah, yeah" is probably why Europe finds itself in the sorry situation it is in right now.

"National Pride" is why we have a spray-tanned Cheeto with the emotional capacity of a toddler as a president, so I'd hold off on the Europe insults lol. And it's convenient that you don't mention Müller along with Özil and Reus as a coward. Only non Bayern German internationals are chickens for not being called up?
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Thu May 25, 2017 5:17 am

I consider myself pretty patriotic. But I don't really understand doing a sport for your country. And I think unduly risking your professional career and livelihood in order to represent your country in what is basically a game is pretty dumb.

Feel free to judge someone else's patriotism if you want. I just don't put much stock in that kind of opinion. This is their livelihood. You don't think Reus has been frustrated enough how things have gone, that he could have been one of the stars of Germany? You don't think Özil has represented his country enough times? You don't think this is a great opportunity to test some people who haven't had an opportunity to represent their country, to see if they've got something to offer in a later competition that actually means something? These people actually have lives to lead, getting called up to every money making opportunity FIFA can disguise in the name of patriotism is a waste.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu May 25, 2017 5:51 am

America USA wrote:

No one gives a shit about international football dude. Fuck countries.

PD: the WC is cool, all other tournaments can be scrapped for all I care.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Thu May 25, 2017 6:37 am

^ fuck countries

I'm speechless...
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:00 am

I am not the biggest fan of int football but this is not a friendly tournament or the qualifies.. so...
I don't think that refusing a call from one's NT is that smart...
The tournament is not a long one, max five games.

This attitude and also other things are putting me off the Ger NT( I have been in this mood since the Euros in France in fact I entered the heat only when facing Arch rivals italy)

I am in search for a new NT to follow... my favourites are Polska and Hrvatska

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu May 25, 2017 10:32 am

Good riddance then... You don't choose your team where I come from...

Just a few things: farigue is not only a physical state... This is the only holiday players get... Taking it away for a meaningless, tiresome tournament messing up preseason preparation is just plain stupid...
Also, no one gives a shit... I'll probably not even watch the Germany games, let alone the others...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Roonzil » Thu May 25, 2017 10:58 am

America USA wrote:^ **** countries

I'm speechless...

I'm not surprised when your username is literally America USA

Ever thought that this kind of nationalism is frowned upon in quite a few European countries?

NT football is bullcrap. I'd rather they have an NT month at the end of a season and get qualies out of the regular season schedule. Fucks us over every year...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby nm462272 » Thu May 25, 2017 11:40 am

absolutely meaningless tournament... not even in the same league as World Cup or Euros. It's smart that Jogi takes a bunch of young guys... he'll see how they perform in international competition, and he'll be able to use that as a gauge for next years WC...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:35 pm

Roonzil wrote:
America USA wrote:^ **** countries

I'm speechless...

I'm not surprised when your username is literally America USA

Ever thought that this kind of nationalism is frowned upon in quite a few European countries?

NT football is bullcrap. I'd rather they have an NT month at the end of a season and get qualies out of the regular season schedule. **** us over every year...

I agree with the last part ... but I can't understand this nationalism rhetoric why all this antagonism ?
I love my country ... so what?

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Roonzil » Thu May 25, 2017 12:52 pm

You can love your country, definitely. Just saying that in some European nations nationalism is frowned upon. You wouldn't walk around with Dutch flags on your clothing if it's not a holiday or WC. It's considered an extreme right symbol.

She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 25, 2017 1:16 pm

Roonzil wrote:You can love your country, definitely. Just saying that in some European nations nationalism is frowned upon. You wouldn't walk around with Dutch flags on your clothing if it's not a holiday or WC. It's considered an extreme right symbol.

I don't do that either and in fact have not got any Maltese flags(and actually I would not have one atm either cause if you have one hanged in the balcony it shows that you support the mafiosi we have in government , since he asked his supporters to do so)
I keep my patriotism in my heart... and in my actions by supporting everything that is Maltese, our traditions and culture including our unique language

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Thu May 25, 2017 1:27 pm

Lol at me being labeled an ultra right nut job for being in favor of patriotism and national pride. I like to describe myself as a left leaning centrist and to set the record straight I DO NOT support the right wing party in my nation and I most certainly DON'T support the oompah loompah who won last November on a mere technicality.

It's sad that any expression of national pride is considered to be "bad" in Europe these days. Guess that's what years upon years of political indoctrination in schools does. You can be Patriotic without being a hateful asshole. Also just because some idiot wants you to wear the national flag and you do so doesn't mean you're supporting him/her. No one has property rights over national symbol!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 25, 2017 1:31 pm

America USA wrote:Lol at me being labeled an ultra right nut job for being in favor of patriotism and national pride. I like to describe myself as a left leaning centrist and to set the record straight I DO NOT support the right wing party in my nation and I most certainly DON'T support the oompah loompah who won last November on a mere technicality.

It's sad that any expression of national pride is considered to be "bad" in Europe these days. Guess that's what years upon years of political indoctrination in schools does. You can be Patriotic without being a hateful asshole. Also just because some idiot wants you to wear the national flag and you do so doesn't mean you're supporting him/her. No one has property rights over national symbol!

Welcome to the dying Continent my friend

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Thu May 25, 2017 1:36 pm

America USA wrote:Lol at me being labeled an ultra right nut job for being in favor of patriotism and national pride. I like to describe myself as a left leaning centrist and to set the record straight I DO NOT support the right wing party in my nation and I most certainly DON'T support the oompah loompah who won last November on a mere technicality.

no one is labeling you anything... :roll: Europeans have seen what ultra-nationalistic sentiment can lead to... you can be proud of your country, but outright displays of that pride in daily life make some uncomfortable
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team