You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
8%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
23%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
42%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
27%

Total votes : 26

Re: General German national team thread

Postby ottackon » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:04 pm

Another astonishing stat : "All of Germany’s 10 most-capped outfield players have won the World Cup and all of the top 29 have played in at least one final."
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby RedQueen » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:18 pm

RP online says that Brandt was unsuccessfully searching for his No 24 kit in the locker room ahead of the game, fearing already that Löw had dropped him from the squad last minute, and was quite intimidated when the kitman told him that he had been given No 7 instead :D
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jorge » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:09 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:What is Kroos, the guy who spent 2 years in Madrid without being able to make a single friend in his squad and who refuses to take up leadership duties on the pitch, doing in the PC?

Probably it isn't as bad because he is about to extend his contract with Madrid until 2023 to become the 4th highest paid player in the squad only behind CR7, Bale and Ramos.

Kroos next in line for Real Madrid contract renewal [source]
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:54 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Odonkor

I don't know why and how this man came up to my mind...

Shit... he got forgotten by almost everyone (I guess)... he is still 32 and retired at 28...
I thought he was older and retired peacefully and not due to a repetitive knee inj:(

He is now coaching a tm from the lowest divisions.

Now to think of it Gnabry reminds me of him.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by ramsej84 on Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:30 am

I remember Odonkor but didn't know that he retired that young...
JANCKER

Postby Jorge » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:26 am

I remember reading about Odonkor when Usain Bolt wanted a trial at Manchester United after the 2012 Olympics. The article referenced Jurgen Klinsmann's tactics of using Odonkor as a substitute when the opponents were tired so he could get ahead of his mark with speed on the wings to send crosses but it had minimum impact in the game. Odonkor was able to clock 10.5 seconds in 100 meters, probably the fastest German player since Thomas Berthold.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:12 pm

JL might renew his contract !!!! Mr.Reinhard Grindel said to kicker that Loew can discuss his future at his convenience.

GERMANIA: IL CT LÖW VICINO AL RINNOVO

Joachim Löw è vicino al rinnovo con la Germania. Così il presidente della federcalcio tedesca, Reinhard Grindel, ha dichiarato al magazine Kicker: "Sono pronto a discutere del suo futuro quando vuole
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:17 pm

ramsej84 wrote:JL might renew his contract !!!! Mr.Reinhard Grindel said to kicker that Loew can discuss his future at his convenience.

GERMANIA: IL CT LÖW VICINO AL RINNOVO

Joachim Löw è vicino al rinnovo con la Germania. Così il presidente della federcalcio tedesca, Reinhard Grindel, ha dichiarato al magazine Kicker: "Sono pronto a discutere del suo futuro quando vuole

Podolski as assistant coach in his new term?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:47 pm

Dortmund's Castro hopeful of Germany recall [source]
JANCKER

Postby JANCKER » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:07 pm

Löw wird eine "Legende des Sports" [source]

Loew is a "legend of the sport"

Germany coach Joachim Loew joins the illustrious circle of German sports stars. The world champion coach is awarded "Legend of Sport".

Special award for coach Joachim Loew: The 55-year-old will be awarded on November 5 as part of the Sports Press Ball in the Alte Oper Frankfurt as a "legend of the sport".

The world champion coach succeeds sports celebrities like Michael Schumacher, Katarina Witt, Boris Becker, Franz Beckenbauer and Heiner Brand.
JANCKER

Postby JANCKER » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:13 pm

Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel has criticized the non-nomination of Gonzalo Castro for the international matches against the Czech Republic and Northern Ireland with clear words. The BVB coach said: "I assumed 100 percent that 'Gonzo' would be nominated. Because his performances have been for so long on such a high level and are outstandingly good, I was completely sure. The decision of Joachim Loew, to not nominate Castro was a great disappointment."
Last edited by JANCKER on Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JANCKER

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:19 pm

Tuchel should be happy, one player less away.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:49 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Tuchel should be happy, one player less away.

He probably is, but at the same time he's exploiting the decision to increase his player's morale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:58 pm

Castro is too old to suddenly be incorporated into Germany's MF. Wouldn't make sense long term.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:21 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:Castro is too old to suddenly be incorporated into Germany's MF. Wouldn't make sense long term.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Castro had a long history at youth level with the National Team, he was actually one of the key players in the team that won the U21 European Championship in Sweden, that team that trashed England 4-0 in the final and included Neuer, Höwedes, Boateng, Hummels, Khedira and Özil.
Castro was called a few times for the senior team back then but did not impress.
Other players from this team are: Fabian Johnson who switched to the USA and Sebastian Boenisch who switched to Poland, Andreas Beck (plays for Beşiktaş now and had a similar fate that Gonzo), Dennis Aogo (Schalke) also was called a few times after the U21 success and did made the grade, Marcel Schmelzer who has been called sporadically to the NT but he is out of the picture, Bayern's youth product Sandro Wagner who Loew never called similarly to Daniel Schwaab who will be facing us in the Champions League with PSV.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team