You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
9%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
18%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
39%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
33%

Total votes : 33

Re: General German national team thread

Postby JANCKER » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:51 am

André Hahn, Christoph Kramer, Patrick Herrmann, Mahmoud Dahoud or Lars Stindl... none of them are called up even after André Schürrle couldn't make it to the team.
JANCKER

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:25 pm

JANCKER wrote:André Hahn, Christoph Kramer, Patrick Herrmann, Mahmoud Dahoud or Lars Stindl... none of them are called up even after André Schürrle couldn't make it to the team.

Well, none of them deserve being called up :coffee: maybe Dahoud in a few years. I like Kramer, but he has gone downhill lately. That Neverkusen move hurt him (which is sad, because at the time I thought he was an amazing reinforcement for them). Kramer, alongside Xhaka, was pretty amazing in his last Gladbach season.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:46 pm

Can't remember ... did Lahm played in a testimonial ?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:46 pm

Can't remember either... I don't think so.
JANCKER

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:53 pm

As far as I know no. I think they might have mentioned something about doing it when Lahm retires completely.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:50 pm

DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MoFattal » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:58 pm

That's good news. He deserves it the most. Being a Bayern player makes it better ;)
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby ottackon » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:27 pm

So he's the one who'll lift the next WC in Moscow =D>
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby Jorge » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:48 pm

MoFattal wrote:That's good news. He deserves it the most. Being a Bayern player makes it better ;)

Definitely he deserves it and for the most part he was everyone's choice. I read in the last few days that Jerome Boateng, Sami Khedira and Toni Kroos were also considered. I believe that early in their career Boateng and Khedira did not sing the National Anthem which is probably a factor against them. The surprise for the most part is how Toni Kroos has elevated his status within the team since his move to Real Madrid, from being a good player in the squad but perceived as "insipid" he has been chosen by the players to take Bastian's spot in the Team's Players Council and was even considered to be captain by Low, maybe a sign of the new times is that he stepped in to take the first penalty kick against Italy taking into consideration that he once refused to do the same for Bayern.
Last edited by Jorge on Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jorge
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:04 pm

My choice would have been Hummels and second choice Boa, but i'm happy for Neuer :)

PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:09 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:My choice would have been Hummels and second choice Boa, but i'm happy for Neuer :)

for me #1 Hummels #2 Neuer but I am still happy for Manu.
Who is the vice?

Kroos consideration was ridiculous
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:52 pm

Jorge wrote:
MoFattal wrote:That's good news. He deserves it the most. Being a Bayern player makes it better ;)

Definitely he deserves it and for the most part he was everyone's choice. I read in the last few days that Jerome Boateng, Sami Khedira and Toni Kroos were also considered. I believe that early in their career Boateng and Khedira did not sing the National Anthem which is probably a factor against them. The surprise for the most part is how Toni Kroos has elevated his status within the team since his move to Real Madrid, from being a good player in the squad but perceived as "insipid" he has been chosen by the players to take Bastian's spot in the Team's Players Council and was even considered to be captain by Low, maybe a sign of the new times is that he stepped in to take the first penalty kick against Italy taking into consideration that he once refused to do the same for Bayern.

Boateng didn't do himself a favour by stating in public repeatedly that he'd like to be the first black captain of the national team as this would be "a political signal". The German media have been trying to instrumentalise Boateng for their political agenda for months. It is NOT the job of the Bundestrainer, Die Mannschaft or football in general to rid Ms Merkel and her grand coalition of Pegida and the AfD. They'll have to do their homework themselves. And it's sad that Boateng plays along with them and lets himself be misused like this. It's diminishing his achievements and his qualities the way they reduce him to the color of his skin.

Neuer was the captain almost every time Schweinsteiger was out injured and captained the team almost half the Euro2016 tournament. Boateng wasn't on the old team council and he isn't on the new team council. I feel choosing Boateng would have been a choice against Neuer (and the other three on the team council) and not a choice pro Boateng. And what kind of standing does a captain have who was given the badge because of the color of his skin. I'm glad at least Löw didn't play along with all this. I doubt Boateng was a serious candidate, other than for the media.

As for Hummels, I've criticized him during the final Klopp season for not showing leadership qualities in a couple of instances. I still don't think he'd be a good choice.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MillaMjau » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:48 pm

Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

National Flag:
Finland

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:01 pm

What is Kroos, the guy who spent 2 years in Madrid without being able to make a single friend in his squad and who refuses to take up leadership duties on the pitch, doing in the PC? :-/

PunkCapitalist

Postby JANCKER » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:12 pm

Özil on taking the number 10: "For me, this number means a lot. It's my favorite..." - "Football legend such as Zidane, Pele and Maradona have carried this number on their back!" - "Podolski had it for several years. Now I have accessed it." - "Of course I have given those who are in charge a signal. The number is a right for me and my position as a playmaker."

What Özil said sounds a bit arrogant to me...

Müller said that Germany needs more players like Gomez...

The reason for the lack of "real Number 9s", Müller sees it on the training of youth players... "It was in the recent years that the footballing and technical skills became a priority, in positions where these properties are required, we have an oversupply!"
"It may be that these heavy and perhaps sometimes technically weaker players were 'not considered' because people thought that we must go in Spain's direction. However you see that it's necessary to have the variant of a penalty area striker."
JANCKER

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team