You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
6%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
19%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
42%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
32%

Total votes : 31

Re: General German national team thread

Postby JANCKER » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:38 pm

Löw: "Podolski's farewell game will be in March!"
JANCKER

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:49 pm

JANCKER wrote:Löw: "Podolski's farewell game will be in March!"

I bet Löw will cry during the farewell.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Jorge » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:17 pm

MUTU wrote:
JANCKER wrote:Löw: "Podolski's farewell game will be in March!"

I bet Löw will cry during the farewell.

Or convince him to stay until 2018.
Jorge
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Jorge » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:34 pm

…LESSONS LEARNED AT THE EUROS AHEAD OF WORLD CUP QUALIFICATION

Joachim Löw: "Our next exciting task is obviously qualification for the 2018 World Cup in Russia. When we all parted after the European Championship in France, I gave myself and my coaching staff the task of analysing every match one more time. After the next two matches we will meet up and compile everything together to carry out an extensive analysis. We can carry out a deeper analysis of the match using new technical data. In the last few years we’ve worked hard on breaking down defensive opponents. At the Euro’s we have already shown that we can play against defensive sides. There was nothing new at the European Championship, I didn’t see any teams do anything completely new. We have given ourselves two main things to work on. Firstly, we have to make the most of our chances. Secondly, we have to work on our transition from attack to defence. We are a team that often has a lot of possession. We have to learn to get forward quicker after we have won the ball. We want to improve that over the next two years".

Firstly, we have to make the most of our chances. Secondly, we have to work on our transition from attack to defence.
This will be his major challenge: finding a reliable box striker. We had this debate a few pages back and many thought that lack of fullbacks was Germany's Achilles' heel. I am of the opinion that Germany has never won an international title without a world class striker in the roster and it will be hard to do, but the second thing that he wants to address (quicker transitions to attack) can supplement the lack of a target man in the box. I believe that Germany played its best under Low at around 2010-2011 when it had a more direct style with quick combinations going forward, in recent years it went to more possession rotating the ball too much for my taste and many times it looked like they had nowhere to go with the ball.
Jorge
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:45 pm

Jorge wrote:…LESSONS LEARNED AT THE EUROS AHEAD OF WORLD CUP QUALIFICATION

Joachim Löw: "Our next exciting task is obviously qualification for the 2018 World Cup in Russia. When we all parted after the European Championship in France, I gave myself and my coaching staff the task of analysing every match one more time. After the next two matches we will meet up and compile everything together to carry out an extensive analysis. We can carry out a deeper analysis of the match using new technical data. In the last few years we’ve worked hard on breaking down defensive opponents. At the Euro’s we have already shown that we can play against defensive sides. There was nothing new at the European Championship, I didn’t see any teams do anything completely new. We have given ourselves two main things to work on. the next two years". Firstly, we have to make the most of our chances. Secondly, we have to work on our transition from attack to defence. We are a team that often has a lot of possession. We have to learn to get forward quicker after we have won the ball. We want to improve that over

Firstly, we have to make the most of our chances. Secondly, [b]we have to work on our transition from attack to defence. [/b]
This will be his major challenge: finding a reliable box striker. We had this debate a few pages back and many thought that lack of fullbacks was Germany's Achilles' heel. I am of the opinion that Germany has never won an international title without a world class striker in the roster and it will be hard to do, but the second thing that he wants to address (quicker transitions to attack) can supplement the lack of a target man in the box. I believe that Germany played its best under Low at around 2010-2011 when it had a more direct style with quick combinations going forward, in recent years it went to more possession rotating the ball too much for my taste and many times it looked like they had nowhere to go with the ball.

Low used to copy J.Hynckes, then Guardiola ... now it is the time to start observing what Ancelotti is doing... Way to go Loew :mrgreen:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:04 pm

ramsej84 wrote: Low used to copy J.Hynckes, then Guardiola ... now it is the time to start observing what Ancelotti is doing... Way to go Loew :mrgreen:

Good sarcasm, but seriously the problem is that he does not have a Lewandowski and he won't have anything close to that in the foreseeable future which makes Muller also a completely different player at Bayern versus the NT. I think that for the first time we might be able to see what Low is really made of.
Jorge
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:03 pm

Jorge wrote:Good sarcasm, but seriously the problem is that he does not have a Lewandowski and he won't have anything close to that in the foreseeable future which makes Muller also a completely different player at Bayern versus the NT. I think that for the first time we might be able to see what Low is really made of.

It depends on Gomez... Muller moving back to the wing with Bayern should help him do better in that position with the NT than he did this summer.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:20 pm

Keine Borussen nominiert - Mönchengladbach zeigt Nationalteam die kalte Schulter [source]

Googlish - No Borussia player nominated - Mönchengladbach shows the cold shoulder to the National Team [source]

Gladbach fans are said to be boycotting Schweinsteiger's Germany farewell game tomorrow, because Joachim Löw keeps ignoring their players...

Only 18,000 tickets have been sold so far.
JANCKER

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:38 pm

JANCKER wrote:
Keine Borussen nominiert - Mönchengladbach zeigt Nationalteam die kalte Schulter [source]

Googlish - No Borussia player nominated - Mönchengladbach shows the cold shoulder to the National Team [source]

Gladbach fans are said to be boycotting Schweinsteiger's Germany farewell game tomorrow, because Joachim Löw keeps ignoring their players...

lucky bastards (BMG players) :evil:
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

General German national team thread

Postby pyrasur » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:40 pm

Well tbf there aren't many German Gladbach players to choose from. Maybe André Hahn considering the national lack of strikers. But considering the difference in style between Gladbach and the national team perhaps not.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:42 pm

a bit OT... but this afternoon I heard the new Italian coach giving an interview... Berardi the most in-form player who plays at Sassuolo has no place in his team...
The reason being that he does not fit in a 3-5-2 formation
Last edited by ramsej84 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:30 pm

Are you relating this to why Gladbach players aren't selected or...?
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:27 am

It could be a possibility ...

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:09 am

JANCKER wrote:

The problem is that their best players are foreign. Furthermore, Germany are stacked in the positions of their best German players, such as Herrmann and Stindl. Maybe Tony Jantschke could be a candidate for the RB spot, but even then he's mainly a CB.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:45 am

Reminds me of that friendly they played in Hamburg (against Poland?) when no one turned up because it was May and Germany were fielding a side of inexperienced players and a few average older ones who would never have been given a chance otherwise. I believe it was 2013 and the big names from Bayern and Dortmund were preparing for the Wembley final.
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team