You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
6%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
19%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
42%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
32%

Total votes : 31

Re: General German national team thread

Postby #12 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:11 am

This time? We've always had weaknesses... As bad as it sounds: I'm still grateful every fucking day that Mustafi got injured vs Algeria... Cause he would've gobe with that stupid 4CB shit until the bitter end... Guys not a good coach, period...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:22 am

MUTU wrote:Yes, I'll admit he was. But I also have a feeling that when he came on Poland suddenly switched tactics and played much more defensively. Goetze was allowed far more space than Gomez who was double marked, and tightly. Of course, his suspicious ball control doesn't help and they basically neutralised him. With a lack of crosses to his head by wingers unable to free themselves and cross, he couldn't take advantage of his aerial prowess either.

To be fair it's harsh to judge him on a 20 minute appearance in a game in which we created nothing. I still think he should get 90 minutes vs N. Ireland
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:16 pm

my new Deutscher Elf
Yes it is time to change...
I chose Howedes over Hector cause the former was part of the WC winning defense...
If not Can who played there for Bayern.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:20 pm

Hector has played well... Howedes was non-existent forward. I would seriously consider to use Kimmich instead of Howedes... Kimmich can defend and can go forward more than Howedes. I wouldn't exclude Oezil... I'd give him 60 mins as a starter.
JANCKER

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:24 pm

JANCKER wrote:Hector has played well... Howedes was non-existent forward. I would seriously consider to use Kimmich instead of Howedes... Kimmich can defend and can go forward more than Howedes. I wouldn't exclude Oezil... I'd give him 60 mins as a starter.

you have a point about Howe but as I said at LB he was good
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:45 am

Ballack criticized Loew can somebody track what was all about maybe? Thanks

edit. here it is ...
They were a long way from their best against Poland, but the Germany coach has brushed aside negative remarks surrounding his side [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:39 am

ramsej84 wrote:I chose Howedes over Hector cause the former was part of the WC winning defense...

Hector doesn't deserve to be benched. No point in putting Kimmich in a new position if Howedes is going to play anyway.

I also think Khedira has to play. Good ball recovery in midfield.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:52 pm

Germany need not-so-super Mario Gotze to burst into life as Bayern Munich star fails to impress at Euro 2016 [source]

I don't see Loew giving up on him... IMO he should be used only as a sub, he gave him 2 games as a starter and that should be enough.
JANCKER

Postby #12 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:46 pm

Löw NEVER changes his first idea of a team unless something happens... Read: Mustafi injured...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jorge » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:06 am

I also doubt that Löw will change anything, at the end it is not that he lost a game, he is still undefeated and leading the group, and that could even be a valid approach and who knows if his formation will grow with the competition and heading into the knockout rounds it is a better proposition. What we are debating here is how boring and low tempo this team is and he does not necessarily has to please every one of us.

You look at Hector for example and he is probably one of the guys who is providing more energy in a team that transpires apathy but is Hector really a world class left back? Or if Germany has a roster composition that can play without fullbacks, does Hector have a place in the starting line-up? Based on what I see neither Hector or Howedes provide a decisive solution to the lack of offensive bite of this team and I prefer a radical change that addresses the main issue.

I am not a fan of a defensive line of 3 centerbacks and when Löw tried it did not work but I wander if this has to do with combining it with a possession style that leaves space on the flanks when the team retrieves after turnovers. What if a line of 3 centerbacks is at all time protected by two stoppers/deep distributors and they run the field 10 yards in front of the defenders, to cover when a centerback is drawn wide, to act as a first line of defense before the opponents structure counterattacks and to give options to the defenders when they intercept play. This will free Kroos and Ozil on the midfield for what they do best: feed the front line with quick transitions, both side to side without heavy defensive responsibilities will also allow them to go wide when the offensive players on the wing cut inside, at end this is exactly what Zidane did with Kroos and what Wenger does with Ozil many times.

As for the front 3, still Germany lacks a box striker, or at least one that is tuned to execute at this level. I prefer to deploy Muller centrally and Gotze wide even when they can interchange throughout the game, or bench Gotze and play Draxler on the right but definitely I will give Sane a chance to add speed if a more direct style is played, even Schurrle will do much better in a non-possession environment.

The other advantage of 3 on the back with two deep lying mids is that it could give players line Kimmich and Weigl a chance since you can always pair them with an experience player (either Bastian or Khedira).

What I propose will look approximately like this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jorge
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:33 am

Jorge wrote:I also doubt that Löw will change anything, at the end it is not that he lost a game, he is still undefeated and leading the group, and that could even be a valid approach and who knows if his formation will grow with the competition and heading into the knockout rounds it is a better proposition. What we are debating here is how boring and low tempo this team is and he does not necessarily has to please every one of us.

You look at Hector for example and he is probably one of the guys who is providing more energy in a team that transpires apathy but is Hector really a world class left back? Or if Germany has a roster composition that can play without fullbacks, does Hector have a place in the starting line-up? Based on what I see neither Hector or Howedes provide a decisive solution to the lack of offensive bite of this team and I prefer a radical change that addresses the main issue.

I am not a fan of a defensive line of 3 centerbacks and when Löw tried it did not work but I wander if this has to do with combining it with a possession style that leaves space on the flanks when the team retrieves after turnovers. What if a line of 3 centerbacks is at all time protected by two stoppers/deep distributors and they run the field 10 yards in front of the defenders, to cover when a centerback is drawn wide, to act as a first line of defense before the opponents structure counterattacks and to give options to the defenders when they intercept play. This will free Kroos and Ozil on the midfield for what they do best: feed the front line with quick transitions, both side to side without heavy defensive responsibilities will also allow them to go wide when the offensive players on the wing cut inside, at end this is exactly what Zidane did with Kroos and what Wenger does with Ozil many times.

As for the front 3, still Germany lacks a box striker, or at least one that is tuned to execute at this level. I prefer to deploy Muller centrally and Gotze wide even when they can interchange throughout the game, or bench Gotze and play Draxler on the right but definitely I will give Sane a chance to add speed if a more direct style is played, even Schurrle will do much better in a non-possession environment.

The other advantage of 3 on the back with two deep lying mids is that it could give players line Kimmich and Weigl a chance since you can always pair them with an experience player (either Bastian or Khedira).

What I propose will look approximately like this:

I like it, but would try a slight variation on it:

Gomez-Müller
Kroos-Özil-Khedira
Schweini-Weigl
Hummels-Boa-Mustafi
Neuer

352 or 3412 if Özil pushes up to create for Müller and Gomez. Khedira and Kroos can press the flanks if required, Boa can act as a quarterback (always thought he doesn't do as well on the left btw). Sané is too young and inexperienced to make an impact and both Götze and Schürrle suck.

On other news... Özil did some sarcastic remarks on Boa... F him. Boa is by far a more important player for the German NT.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby weisertheking » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:17 am

Low introduced Howedes as full-back after he watched Bayern losing Real by set-pieces. And somehow he was right with the World Cup 's result. (even Howedes had a header hitting the bar against Argentina). His experiment with Kimmich/Rudy was failed against Slovakia b/c Slovakia scored 2 goals from corner kicks. If Germany had Alonso instead of Kroos, then they dont need Howedes. I prefer Germany to play counter with Boateng, Kroos, Hummels 's long and through balls b/c the attacking was too weak.
Last edited by weisertheking on Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
weisertheking
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby JANCKER » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:18 am

OZIL HITS BACK AT BOATENG OVER GERMANY CRITICISM [source]
JANCKER

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:04 am

JANCKER wrote:
OZIL HITS BACK AT BOATENG OVER GERMANY CRITICISM [source]

I just hope that eyezil was missquoted

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:46 pm

Well, it's nowhere in German media...
If he really said it: Shut up you overrated fucker and play for a change will you?! Last decent match he played with the NT was 2010...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team