You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
8%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
23%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
42%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
27%

Total votes : 26

Re: General German national team thread

Postby Jorge » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:24 pm

MUTU wrote:

Excellent line-up with two true defensive mids also able to cover wide the 3 on the back while placing Kroos higher on the field taking away more defensive responsibilities from him.

But most likely Loew will field this:

Jorge
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:42 pm

but who is going to guard the flanks? And tbh I wouldn't count on Mats for now.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:30 pm

ramsej84 wrote:but who is going to guard the flanks? And tbh I wouldn't count on Mats for now.

Mats will not play the Group phase (at least the first 2 matches). Rüdiger or Mustafi most likely will take his place early on. Since Germany has so many defensive problems right now (Since the World Cup played 18 games and allowed 26 goals with only 4 clean sheets - Spain in a friendly, Gibraltar twice and Georgia) I expect Loew to field a line of 4 on the back and two holding midfielders and hopefully will depend more in counterattacks; otherwise we will have a bumpy ride this summer.
Jorge
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Jorge » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:35 am

Rüdiger is out. With Hummels not ready yet Low will have to field either Mustafi or Howedes next to Boateng on the center.

Antonio Rudiger tears ACL in Germany training, ruled out of Euro 2016 [source]
Jorge
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:50 am

The rules allow to call somebody up before the first match of the tournament.It is exactly what happened in 2014 when Marco Reus got injured, only to be replaced by another call-up.Who should we wish for? Perhaps Karim Bellarabi. He has been anything but perfect with the national team, but he provides offensive firepower as a potential impact substitution.
Meanwhile, the defence will be a concern at the beginning of the Euro. Mats Hummels is recovering from an injury and Rüdiger was his designated replacement. Will Benedikt Höwedes play a bigger role than anticipated,or we are going to see Ginter or Knoche in the squad.
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Tdj » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:00 am

Tah is his replacement

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Tdj
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:44 am

Tdj wrote:Tah is his replacement

Can't see tweet? Click here!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:56 pm

After appointing the 20-year-old Tah, the German squad will be the youngest at the tournament. With an average age of 25.81, the 23 national players are slightly younger than the England squad (25.84).
Jorge
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:02 pm

Interesting. I guess Weigl, Sané, Kimmich and Tah are weighing the average age down.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:17 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Interesting. I guess Weigl, Sané, Kimmich and Tah are weighing the average age down.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

True, our two backup keepers being 24 also help since most teams rely on more experienced goalkeepers . Podolski, who shouldn't be in the team is 31; if his replacement was Bellarabi (26) or Andre Hahn (25) Germany would have been the youngest team by a good margin.
Jorge
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby KrampusIsReal » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:31 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:The rules allow to call somebody up before the first match of the tournament.It is exactly what happened in 2014 when Marco Reus got injured, only to be replaced by another call-up.Who should we wish for? Perhaps Karim Bellarabi. He has been anything but perfect with the national team, but he provides offensive firepower as a potential impact substitution.
Meanwhile, the defence will be a concern at the beginning of the Euro. Mats Hummels is recovering from an injury and Rüdiger was his designated replacement. Will Benedikt Höwedes play a bigger role than anticipated,or we are going to see Ginter or Knoche in the squad.

too bad they couldn't convince Lahm for one last hurah
Mia San Mia!
Deutscher Fußball Bund! WeltMeisters '54 '74 '90 '14
KrampusIsReal
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:36 pm

“We’ve lost players who were concretly in my plans, but we’ve found solutions, admitted Löw. We have a great squad.”

What about the rest of the team?

“Mats Hummels’ individual training is increasing in intensity, Weigl, Kimmich and Podolski can join in again tomorrow.”

“Now it’s about working out how to achieve our aims with this group of players. Our targets haven’t changed.”
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Tdj » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:47 pm

KrampusIsReal wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:
too bad they couldn't convince Lahm for one last hurah

Nah man, he retired with the ultimate glory, no need to make him ruin it with a possible faliure

Tdj
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby JANCKER » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:50 pm

The Euro is harder to win than the WC... these are some tough groups, to not talk about the K.O. stage.
JANCKER

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:43 am

JANCKER wrote:The Euro is harder to win than the WC... these are some tough groups, to not talk about the K.O. stage.

Maybe in the past EURO with only 16 teams, there could have toughest group than the WC, but now with 24 teams, make this EURO to have some mediocre games and award a mediocre team by giving the chance to qualify for the next round by being third in a group.

Also basing in the performance of many European team in the last world cup, say that this continent keep having the best team in the world, but South Americans, Mexico and USA are better teams than most of the rest European teams.

Amazing how Italy, England, Portugal and Spain were eliminated in the group phase by american teams.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team