You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
8%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
23%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
42%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
27%

Total votes : 26

Re: General German national team thread

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue May 31, 2016 2:24 pm

Amazing for Kimmich. It's funny how easily Bellarabi and Rudy were finally found out as pure frauds but Podolski remains.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Achilles » Tue May 31, 2016 2:56 pm

Bellarabi out
Reus out
Schmelzer out

BUT Poldi,Schurrle in :lol:

I have to tell, Jogi has a unique taste of humor
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: 2016/17 wants and wishes

Postby Machiavellico » Tue May 31, 2016 3:09 pm

German-American wrote:
Machiavellico wrote:Damn. This means another tournament with Özil in the left wing. Not gonna complain about how the last one turned out, but Özil was unmistakably poor when playing there

I think Draxler will own that position, played well this season and did well in competitions like the UCL

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I really hope so! I was very pleased by his performances as well. Especially the one against RM when he made the field his little bi*ch. I can't wait to see the lineup against Hungary. It should be, in theory, what Jogi would like to see at the EUROs.
Oh and I have some sort of feeling that we'll see Kimmich at least once at RB.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

Postby German-American » Tue May 31, 2016 3:12 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Amazing for Kimmich. It's funny how easily Bellarabi and Rudy were finally found out as pure frauds but Podolski remains.

Podolski has a lot of history with the national team...he deserves to be here.

National team work differently than clubs, leadership is more important and even if you have a player who isn't at the insane level anymore (podolski or Schweinsteiger) they still add so much to the team, moral wise

Kovac Out!!
German-American
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Machiavellico » Tue May 31, 2016 3:18 pm

German-American wrote:National team work differently than clubs, leadership is more important and even if you have a player who isn't at the insane level anymore (podolski or Schweinsteiger) they still add so much to the team, moral wise

Yeah, I agree, Schweinsteiger does bring a lot of good things to the table
Spoiler: show

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Romania

Postby German-American » Tue May 31, 2016 3:26 pm

Machiavellico wrote:
German-American wrote:National team work differently than clubs, leadership is more important and even if you have a player who isn't at the insane level anymore (podolski or Schweinsteiger) they still add so much to the team, moral wise

Yeah, I agree, Schweinsteiger does bring a lot of good things to the table
Spoiler: show

It would be charitable if he could guide Sarah breitner or what ever his ex girlfriends name is

Kovac Out!!
German-American
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby KrampusIsReal » Tue May 31, 2016 3:30 pm

pyrasur wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
JANCKER wrote:They should accept it...

no way ... that would be another statement that the US is colonizing Europe..
adidas is German and it should be the sponsor of the German NT

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2

Even if Adidas is lowballing its own nation's team? I don't get your nationalism Ramsej it's not even your country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This isn't the first time Nike has came with a huge offer and DFB has kept ADIDAS over them. I don't think they will leave ADIDAS for nike.
Mia San Mia!
Deutscher Fußball Bund! WeltMeisters '54 '74 '90 '14
KrampusIsReal
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby KrampusIsReal » Tue May 31, 2016 3:31 pm

ramsej84 wrote:PUMA is a German brand right? If I am not mistaken the founders were brothers who used to work together and split because of a trivial fight in a shelter during WW2
The factories are opposite to each other divided by a river...

Am I right?

Correct Adi and Rudolf Dassler

Adi Das!
und
Puma

However Adi was the first to sponsor an athlete in Jessie owens during the Berlin Olympics and Rudi was a hard core Nazi too.
Mia San Mia!
Deutscher Fußball Bund! WeltMeisters '54 '74 '90 '14
KrampusIsReal
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 31, 2016 4:38 pm

so was Ford
and Boss... Boss designed the SS uniforms...
money talks :lol:

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Tue May 31, 2016 8:47 pm

German-American wrote:Podolski has a lot of history with the national team...he deserves to be here.

National team work differently than clubs, leadership is more important and even if you have a player who isn't at the insane level anymore (podolski or Schweinsteiger) they still add so much to the team, moral wise

You have a valid point when you say that NT is different than clubs. That's why some get very excited about fielding young players at the expense of experienced players and it does not work out that well. The game versus Slovakia showed everyone that our youngsters are very talented but still lack what it takes to click in at National Level where a player has to in-sync quickly with other players coming from different training grounds to face opponents that are not as well scouted as league teams.

In the case of Schweinsteiger he is a leader, he is the captain and Brazil 2014 is still fresh where he was perceived as much as a leader as Lahm since he is more vocal, but Podolski......................? When was the last time that he did something for Germany? I tell you the image that I have in my mind: Euro 2012 SF versus Italy when he was in the position to cover Lahm's back on the long ball served to Balotelli but instead he stood still because his mind was in London where he was looking for an apartment after his "big move" to Arsenal. Is that the leadership that we are talking about?
In 4 years he has barely played for Germany and he has been a bench warmer almost everywhere. In Brazil 2014 besides some minutes in the Group phase he couldn't get any time on the field in the KO stage. Do you think that Podolski is better today than 2 years ago?
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Jorge » Tue May 31, 2016 8:49 pm

Duplicate post deleted
Last edited by Jorge on Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby walter » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:11 am

Jorge wrote:
Jorge wrote:
German-American wrote:Podolski has a lot of history with the national team...he deserves to be here.

You have a valid point when you say that NT is different than clubs. That's why some get very excited about fielding young players at the expense of experienced players and it does not work out that way. The game versus Slovakia showed everyone that our youngsters are very talented but still lack what it takes to click in at National Level where a player has to in-sync quickly with other players coming from different training grounds to face opponents that are not as well scouted as league teams.

In the case of Schweinsteiger he is a leader, he is the captain and Brazil 2014 is still fresh where he was perceived as much as a leader as Lahm since he is more vocal, but Podolski......................? When was the last time that he did something for Germany? I tell you the image that I have in my mind: Euro 2012 SF versus Italy when he was in the position to cover Lahm's back on the long ball served to Balotelli but instead he stood still because his mind was in London where he was looking for an apartment after his "big move" to Arsenal. Is that the leadership that we are talking about?
In 4 years he has barely played for Germany and he has been a bench warmer almost everywhere. In Brazil 2014 besides some minutes in the Group phase he couldn't get any time on the field in the KO stage. Do you think that Podolski is better today than 2 years ago?

How about when he slapped Ballack in the face when Ballack told him to cover more ground? Does that counts as leaderahip skills? :lol:
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby walter » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:13 am

Podolski instead of Brandt or Bellarabi is absurd.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby Jorge » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:42 am

walter wrote:Podolski instead of Brandt or Bellarabi is absurd.

Andre Hahn, Max Meyer were not even called and I am sure that they have more to offer than Podolski.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:18 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team