You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
8%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
23%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
42%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
27%

Total votes : 26

Re: General German national team thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat May 21, 2016 11:31 am

Germany's biggest problem are the two fullbacks. If that isn't solved I don't think they stand a chance.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Achilles » Sat May 21, 2016 11:52 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Germany's biggest problem are the two fullbacks. If that isn't solved I don't think they stand a chance.

I agree 100% but Low managed to win WC with Howedes as a LB! :lol:
Everything is possible, in tournaments the quality doesn't play such a huge role like domestic leagues or competitions with more than 15 games.
If the team is ready mentally and sport wise 100% fit with a huge desire to win you can make it at least at semis, that's why Germany is so consistent every German player looks like he gears up his game a little bit when he wears the German shirt so does Spain in the last decade, I'm not saying that quality is not a factor, of course it is but other things such as mentality,fitness,momentum and homogeneity are huge factors too for such a mini tournaments.
The worst Germany squad in terms of quality reached the final at 2002 WC. Euros has been always the tournament of outsiders Greece ( :P ) Denmark winners, Czech Republic to the final etc

Germany has a big problem at full backs but I think they can manage afterall Germany has proved more than once that they depend on being a team, providing assistance to every position and becoming solid as a team, that's their biggest asset over the years and of course the quality they have.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat May 21, 2016 5:03 pm

This time around the problem is on both sides though. Schweinsteiger is missing too... didn't think it'd be a big problem, but with Gundogan out it might be.

You're right that anything can happen in tournaments though.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat May 21, 2016 6:01 pm

As I said earlier this yr I am seeing Germany scrapping through the groups only to fall in the next hurdle.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RB624 » Sat May 21, 2016 10:30 pm

ramsej84 wrote:As I said earlier this yr I am seeing Germany scrapping through the groups only to fall in the next hurdle.

Really? Round of 16? That would be a shock. Have you looked at the brackets?
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sat May 21, 2016 11:31 pm

RB624 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:As I said earlier this yr I am seeing Germany scrapping through the groups only to fall in the next hurdle.

Really? Round of 16? That would be a shock. Have you looked at the brackets?

you mean the potential opponents? TBH no... but I don't see the hunger in this tm. and I believe that it is because of the fact that Loew stayed on.
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RB624 » Mon May 23, 2016 1:58 pm

The upcoming 24 team Euro has me remembering the last 24 team tournament - USA '94. It was a tournament which brought me mixed emotions, and now has me looking back at Berti Vogts in anger.

During the group stage I adopted Bulgaria as my pet team, so to speak, but of course Germany were my real team. So I sat in Giants Stadium watching the quarter-final, knowing that I would be sad no matter how it ended up. Usually I would drop a pet-team no problem when it comes to Germany, but in this case it was extra difficult, being that Bulgaria had beaten Argentina and Mexico (two of my least favorite teams) and being that Germany had just been in three consecutive Finals (of course winning the last one). So I sat there as a neutral and hated it. And I sort of believe the football gods cursed me that day for not staying loyal to Germany, as '98 was another sad quarter-final exit against an unfancied team.

Anyway, enough about me. Back to Germany. I can't believe Vogts was such a clown as to send Effenberg home. Because of a middle-finger aimed at a small number of disappointed German supporters during the S.Korea match (which Germany won), Vogts decided to send home the midfield general. WTF?!?!?!?!? Why did he think that made any sense??? Because Effenberg disrespected a small group of fans (who were disrespecting him btw), Vogts decided to take a risk on disappointing a nation of 80 million. What did he think he would gain? Did he think the team would rally together...behind the flair and creativity of...Guido Buchwald?!? It's just insane. It's madness. The DFB should've stepped in and made Stefan stay. As mediocre as the Germans were in '78 and '98, in '94 they were strong. The only thing that stopped them was their foolish coach.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MillaMjau » Wed May 25, 2016 2:14 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Hummels hanging around with his new teammates. 8)
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

National Flag:
Finland

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 25, 2016 2:40 pm

RB624 wrote:The upcoming 24 team Euro has me remembering the last 24 team tournament - USA '94. It was a tournament which brought me mixed emotions, and now has me looking back at Berti Vogts in anger.

During the group stage I adopted Bulgaria as my pet team, so to speak, but of course Germany were my real team. So I sat in Giants Stadium watching the quarter-final, knowing that I would be sad no matter how it ended up. Usually I would drop a pet-team no problem when it comes to Germany, but in this case it was extra difficult, being that Bulgaria had beaten Argentina and Mexico (two of my least favorite teams) and being that Germany had just been in three consecutive Finals (of course winning the last one). So I sat there as a neutral and hated it. And I sort of believe the football gods cursed me that day for not staying loyal to Germany, as '98 was another sad quarter-final exit against an unfancied team.

Anyway, enough about me. Back to Germany. I can't believe Vogts was such a clown as to send Effenberg home. Because of a middle-finger aimed at a small number of disappointed German supporters during the S.Korea match (which Germany won), Vogts decided to send home the midfield general. WTF?!?!?!?!? Why did he think that made any sense??? Because Effenberg disrespected a small group of fans (who were disrespecting him btw), Vogts decided to take a risk on disappointing a nation of 80 million. What did he think he would gain? Did he think the team would rally together...behind the flair and creativity of...Guido Buchwald?!? It's just insane. It's madness. The DFB should've stepped in and made Stefan stay. As mediocre as the Germans were in '78 and '98, in '94 they were strong. The only thing that stopped them was their foolish coach.

only to win the 96 European champs at home of the inventors of football :grin:

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Wed May 25, 2016 3:54 pm

DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby JANCKER » Wed May 25, 2016 6:29 pm

They should accept it...
JANCKER

Postby RB624 » Wed May 25, 2016 7:12 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
only to win the 96 European champs at home of the inventors of football :grin:

Yes, but I still can't forgive Vogts :(
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 25, 2016 8:07 pm

JANCKER wrote:They should accept it...

no way ... that would be another statement that the US is colonizing Europe..
adidas is German and it should be the sponsor of the German NT

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed May 25, 2016 8:31 pm

Germany should take Nike's money and invest it in buying Alaba :'D

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Wed May 25, 2016 8:43 pm

ramsej84 wrote:no way ... that would be another statement that the US is colonizing Europe..
adidas is German and it should be the sponsor of the German NT

Adidas is helping German rivals left and right... Why would Germany care about them? :P OK, I know... it's identity, history and all that... but they gotta give more to Germans, Nike's offer beats Adidas' offer multiple times... food for thought.
JANCKER

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team