You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
6%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
19%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
42%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
32%

Total votes : 31

Re: General German national team thread

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:54 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Jorge » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:25 pm

Most likely this is the end of his career with the NT, maybe a final call for a farewell game later on and even his career overall could be over.

At Manchester United he has shown flashes of how good he is but for the most part he has been below the level that he needed to be at and struggling to stay fit. Even without this injury there were questions about his fitness to start for Germany with Kroos, Gundogan, Khedira (and to a lesser degree Kramer) making a case for themselves.
Jorge
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:40 pm

A shame for Schweini. Although, there are midfielders who deserve the spot far more, I don't know where Germany is going to get its leadership. Boa and Neuer will have to step up. He's been really bad for United, BTW. The win/lose stats of their team with and without Schweini are terrible.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:09 pm

I love Basti. However, this might end up being a blessing in disguise for Low and Germany NT. He hasn't been anywhere near the level expected to take the World Champions to European glory this summer.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby pyrasur » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:57 pm

I'm afraid this is going to be an intermediate period where the NT is going to not be very good. But hopefully in a few years time Dahoud, Weigl, and Kimmich can start pushing out the likes of Kramer to join Gündogan in midfield. By that time I'm hoping we will have found some decent fullbacks. :)
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:01 pm

I think the NT is still at the stage where they'll miss Schweini sorely.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:08 pm

Play BVB's midfield...
JANCKER

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:31 pm

On paper the German NT is a top 3 national team. It's only real defect are the FB. But who knows... Tournaments seen to get the better out of Germany.

PunkCapitalist

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:10 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:On paper the German NT is a top 3 national team. It's only real defect are the FB. But who knows... Tournaments seen to get the better out of Germany.

and forward line?
Imo atm I rate Spain and France as the top two... England is better as well.
Then there is also la bestia negra; Italy... if the latter field an u19 team they will still manage to beat Germany...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:24 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:On paper the German NT is a top 3 national team. It's only real defect are the FB. But who knows... Tournaments seen to get the better out of Germany.

and forward line?
Imo atm I rate Spain and France as the top two... England is better as well.
Then there is also la bestia negra; Italy... if the latter field an u19 team they will still manage to beat Germany...

Dude you can't be serious... Italy? ENGLAND???

There's nothing wrong with Germany's front line. Müller, Reus, Götze, Özil, Gomez for 3 or 4 spots is probably the best front line in international football. France is not as strong; Benzema and Griezmann... Who else is WC? 19 yo Coman? Martial? Spain? Morata and who else?

Top 3 is Germany, Spain and France definitively.

Reus-Müller-Götze
Kroos-Khedira-Gündogan
Schmelzer-Hummels-Boateng-Ginter
Neuer

Would be a magnificent team if it clicks. Weigl for Kroos or Khedira, Hector for Schmelzer. Özil for Kroos or Khedira. Gomez as a striker and Götze out. It's just a matter of Löw finding the balance and chemistry the team needs, because personnel-wise it's got it all...

PunkCapitalist

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:25 pm

italy ... I know that they suck big time... but I don't know if you know...Germany always lost against them.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:25 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Reus-Müller-Götze
Kroos-Khedira-Gündogan
Schmelzer-Hummels-Boateng-Ginter
Neuer

Would be a magnificent team if it clicks. Weigl for Kroos or Khedira, Hector for Schmelzer. Özil for Kroos or Khedira. Gomez as a striker and Götze out. It's just a matter of Löw finding the balance and chemistry the team needs, because personnel-wise it's got it all...

Based on recent games and the trajectory at club level Hector will start as LB ahead of Schmelzer and Mustafi or Can will start at RB ahead of Ginter.
Jorge
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby pyrasur » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:52 pm

Is Ginter not starting based on recent games or trajectory at club level. Because no way Can is better than Ginter atm at club level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:47 am

Yes Italy usually wins, but I don't think they would stand a chance right now. No European team had won the WC in South American soil until Germany did. Streaks are there to be broken.

Yes, I know crazy JLow prefers Hector and Can, I just think the Dortmund guys are better AND that it's always preferable to take your NTs core from 1 or 2 teams instead of mismatching players from diferent clubs. Germany should be built on top of a Dortmund core ATM, since Bayern can't provide enough players to be the core.

PunkCapitalist

Postby JANCKER » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:49 am

Schmelzer is a joke...
JANCKER

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team