You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
6%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
28%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
44%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
22%

Total votes : 18

Re: General German national team thread

Postby The Spyware » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:31 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
The Spyware wrote:what is the point in switching Muller to keep them on the same wing ?

Well this is just my opinion and Löw will probably try it. I think that Lahm and Müller have great great chemistry in the NT. They understand each other very well, they like to make combos and they are both unselfish and hard workers.

But then we will waste Goetze/Schuerrle/Reus who are better on the left than Mueller ,, and we will ose Mueller on the right also

We have three awesome players (the 3 I mentioned above) that can play on the left that have strong abilities to cut inside by dibbling and have strong legs in shooting and more comfortable when their right legs are to the inside of the pitch (Muellr don't have this abilities)

While Mueller main strength is in roaming from his position and smell the dangerous positions in the opposition defense and attack them in the right time and also he plays more comfortably on the right than on the left , I don't remember a game he played well on the left , so it will be a waste IMO,, and also on the other hand Goetze/Schurrle/Reus aren't comfortable one the right because they don't have that many options they have when they play on the left (can't cut inside / can't use their powerful legs to shoot / don't have the whole pitch open to them ) Goetze mainly I think won't be good on the right and he really struggled when he played there with the NT before

I feel I didn't explain it well but hope you understand :)

also Lahm always do well with anyone plays in front of him ,, he is awesome in that point and it won't be a problem at all and also the guys who will play in front of him will be so smart and will understand each other well..

anyway Loew will prove that we wasted our time in discussing these probabilities as we will see Podolski start as always :lol:
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Well, Götze played on the left wing in the pre-season, but then he played almost the whole season on the right and he did it great. He can play in both wings but maybe he feels better on the right as it is his position with Dortmund. That's the kind of thing you have to try in friendlies, and not Gomez + Klose.

The Spyware wrote:anyway Loew will prove that we wasted our time in discussing these probabilities as we will see Podolski start as always :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby walter » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:12 pm

Ilkay Gundogan just got called for his first game with the German NT (against Brazil). I didn't even think he was gonna play for Germany. Anyways, I think he is turning out to be a really good player, similar to Sahin but faster.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby SilentStrike » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:52 pm

yeh he chose germany last year at the same time ekici chose turkey,
back then i prefered ekici but gundogan made huge steps last year.
hope he can shine in the german shirt
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby CroCHEF » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:55 pm

Contento is called for u21 nt
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:24 pm

Does Gündogan have any hope of breaking through Schweini, Khedira and the Benders?
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby SilentStrike » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:46 pm

only time will tell.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:39 pm

Özil and Khedira will be rested and they won't play against Brazil.

BTW 8 Bayern players in the team :D
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:54 pm

I read that Götze will probably play CAM against Brazil :D

So it seems that Löw reads BayernForum :mrgreen:
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby quaazi » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:20 pm

So what do we want from Euro 2012 considering how things are going? Well, I'd very much like the following line-up

--------------Neuer----------------
-Beck-Boateng-Hummels-Lahm-
-----Schweini-----Khedira--------
-Müller------Götze------Özil------
--------------Gomez---------------

With the bench consisting of names like Schmelzer, Kroos, Schürrle, Gündogan, Adler, Grosskreutz. Really, the only weak point in that line-up could be Beck, I'm not sure how good he is these days. I don't think Träsch or Friedrich are big improvements in the LB role.
The ideal team

quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Götze on the left and Özil as CAM is a better option. And I prefer Podolski over Gomez because he fits much better with the team. My favourite lineup is this

--------------Neuer----------------
-Beck-Boateng-Hummels-Lahm-
-----Schweini-----Khedira--------
-Müller------Özil------Götze------
--------------Podolski-------------

=P~
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby quaazi » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:39 pm

Poldi is a Löw favorite, but I am unsure if he'll even get any playing time in a year. His career is going down the drain fast.

Maybe Schürrle can operate as a striker? Or Müller being a striker, Götze RW and Schürrle LW?
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:10 pm

For me:

----------------------Neuer--------------------
A------Boateng--------Hummels-------Lahm
------------Schweini---------B----------------
Muller-----------------Ozil--------------Gotze
-------------------------C-----------------------

A = I'm not really sure who we have available. Right now I'm inclined to go for Beck, but maybe someone else will impress this year.
B = Khedira is really good, but I think that there's a chance he might not be the starter. Kroos, the Benders and Gundogan could take his place.
C = Fight it out between Gomez, Klose, Podolski and Schurrle, and possibly some new youngster (Petersen :P ). I guess that Klose will still be starter, but we'll see.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:20 pm

Kroos and Lars Bender are far from taking Khedira's place. The same goes for Sven Bender. Only an outstanding performance by Gündogan this season could replace Sami and I don't think so as he is an important player for Real Madrid. So I think that Khedira---Schweini will be the CM duo 95% sure if both are fit in the Euro.

About the RB position... I think that Löw doesn't like Beck at all so we will probably see Boateng or Träsch playing there. I hope Boateng plays CB because I think it is his best position and Hummels---Boateng duo looks really good.

About the ST position... There are a lot of nice combinations to try in friendlies. Like Quaazi said Schürrle or even Müller can play there. I think that Poldi could be great because he is one of Germany's fastest players for sure and he is used to the tactics as we could see in the World Cup but Schürrle or Müller are two interesting options.

-----Khedira---Schweini-----
Müller-------Özil--------Götze
------------Podolski-----------

Müller-------Özil--------Götze
------------Schürrle-----------

Götze-------Özil------Schürrle
------------Müller--------------

All of them look pretty awesome. =P~
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:42 pm

I too think that Khedira will probably be our starter but a lot depends on the others' form as well as the amount of playing time Khedira gets with the new transfers.

Personally I think that the fact the Sami is now more used to playing Spanish opposition is an important factor which should be considered
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team