You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
7%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
21%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
43%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
29%

Total votes : 14

Re: General German national team thread

Postby RedQueen » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:22 pm

Neither Leno nor ter Stegen will be in the squad. They'll be kept in the U21 squad until the EM in summer is over, says Köpke. It's likely the same with Horn then. Fährmann is still out injured and Trapp just came back from injury. That leaves Baumann. Gonna be Weidenfeller and Zieler again then, I suppose.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RB624 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:12 pm

Has anyone taken a look at Germany's FIFA page lately?

http://www.fifa.com/associations/associ ... index.html

Well, it appears that FIFA has decided that West Germany's honors are lost forever. According to FIFA (or at least their website) Germany have been to 8 World Cups (34, 38, 94, 98, 02, 06, 10, 14), been Champions once, Runners-Up once, and have come in 3rd Place three times. Their "Continental titles" info is also based on just Germany and not West Germany.

The UEFA website makes no distinction between Germany and West Germany, and neither did FIFA until just recently. I have no idea why they have decided to do this. I'm sure FIFA isn't going to take three of the stars off of their shirts, but it still is disappointing that something like this has happened, AND it is just as disappointing that the DFB is apparently not doing anything about it. You can say it doesn't matter what one website days, but this is THE football website.

I haven't checked Germany's German-language FIFA page, so it may not show these changes. Regardless, the English-language page is the most important to the world at large, and there is no reason that the majority of Germany's honors have been removed due to FIFA's ignorance. Some hateful Argentina fans were trying to claim that Germany won their first World Cup in 2014, and it seems that FIFA have actually accepted that ridiculous argument.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby runaway » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:45 pm

What the FIFA! #-o
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

RB624 wrote:Has anyone taken a look at Germany's FIFA page lately?

Well, it appears that FIFA has decided that West Germany's honors are lost forever. According to FIFA (or at least their website) Germany have been to 8 World Cups (34, 38, 94, 98, 02, 06, 10, 14), been Champions once, Runners-Up once, and have come in 3rd Place three times. Their "Continental titles" info is also based on just Germany and not West Germany.

The UEFA website makes no distinction between Germany and West Germany, and neither did FIFA until just recently. I have no idea why they have decided to do this. I'm sure FIFA isn't going to take three of the stars off of their shirts, but it still is disappointing that something like this has happened, AND it is just as disappointing that the DFB is apparently not doing anything about it. You can say it doesn't matter what one website days, but this is THE football website.

I haven't checked Germany's German-language FIFA page, so it may not show these changes. Regardless, the English-language page is the most important to the world at large, and there is no reason that the majority of Germany's honors have been removed due to FIFA's ignorance. Some hateful Argentina fans were trying to claim that Germany won their first World Cup in 2014, and it seems that FIFA have actually accepted that ridiculous argument.

I just laughed out loud.. If at any, i have never ever visited that **** site.
Ottomeister13

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:57 pm

how low... If anything they should remove the world cups won before 1950... twice by italy in mafia style

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:40 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:i have never ever visited that **** site

#-o how is that even possible?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:04 pm

Why should i visit FIFA.com :S If i want soccer news i go to other sites i visited in the past. And for every info about Bayern or other clubs and or countries. I visit their respective site ;)
Ottomeister13

Postby RB624 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:06 pm

ramsej84 wrote:how low... If anything they should remove the world cups won before 1950... twice by italy in mafia style

I laugh when Italian fans brag about their 4 World Cups. Even if we ignore the shadiness of their 34 and 38 victories, how relevant are they at this point?

A good method of comparing World Cups would be to give the first World Cup winners 1 point, the second winners 2 points, and so on, all the way up to Germany getting 20 points for 2014. If you calculate World Cups that way, Germany has 49 points to Italy's 35.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby RB624 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:07 pm

RB624 wrote:Has anyone taken a look at Germany's FIFA page lately?

I emailed the DFB on Sunday. They emailed me back Monday and told me they would refer it to the responsible department. As of today, everything has been corrected. Germany are once again 4-time FIFA World Cup Champions. You're welcome :D
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:28 pm

You're a hero, RB624! I was pretty pissed off about this.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RB624 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:14 pm

Oh, one other thing about FIFA's website and the "honours" they list for each association. For Continental Championships (Euro, Copa America, etc.) they used to only list it as an "honour" if a national team were either Winners or Runners-Up. However now they are including 3rd and 4th Place for such competitions.

"How do they determine 3rd and 4th Place for Euro, when there is no 3rd Place Playoff?" you very well may ask. Well, it appears that they are using group tables to decide which semi-final loser will be 3rd and which will be 4th. So whichever losing semi-finalist had more points in group play, are 3rd Place. That's good news for Germany (not that they particularly need to add any sparkle to their resume), because it entitles them to 3rd Place at both Euro 88 and Euro 2012.

Now, there used to be a 3rd Place Playoff match at Euro. And for Euro 60 through Euro 76, FIFA lists the winners of that playoff match as 3rd Place. However for Euro 80 (the last Euro to have a 3rd Place Playoff) FIFA ignores the result of that playoff match and gives 3rd Place to loser Italy. Czechoslovakia defeated Italy in that match via a penalty shoot-out, but apparently FIFA decided to use group play instead of that result. Italy finished their group in second place with 4 points and Czechoslovakia finished their group in second place with 3 points.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby akrivos » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:42 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2408 ... his-summer
Very interesting article for DFB organization at youths teams...
akrivos
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Badger » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:02 pm

I see there's an U20 friendly on Tue 31st March, but can't find a lot of info about it. Bayern hadn't a single player in tonight's U21 squad, and I'm curious about whether they have any in the U21 squad either.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:07 pm

Vs Czech Rep @18:00
I think on eurosport too...
I don't think that there are any bayern players either...

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister13 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:29 pm

And i dont care, let the u21 players forcus on FCBII and not some stupid friendlies.
Ottomeister13

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team