You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
6%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
24%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
47%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
24%

Total votes : 17

Re: General German national team thread

Postby Ottomeister13 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:01 pm

tflags wrote:
Ottomeister13 wrote:I said Podolski doesnt matter anymore since 2008 ;) He failed @ Bayern ( many injuries aswell ) and with Arsenal the same.. Hardly ever plays and with the NT its a looooooooooooooong time ago that he had a good game tbh.. Same goes for Ozil..

Market Cap while at Bayern: 8 mil.
Market Cap while at Arsenal: 20 mil.

Last season tally: 27 caps, 12 goals, 5 assists.

#-o

Yeah only because Arsenal bought him for a high price, not because he played that good.. And we all know in England they play idiot prices for players. Still, Poldi just sucks and does so for years now, so you dont need to come with stupid statistics, because they dont count here. Low already said it and with Arsenal he didnt play that much, did he ;)
Ottomeister13

Postby quaazi » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:06 pm

In all fairness in that 27 caps he only had 14 (out of a potential 38) Premier League starts.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:48 am

Ottomeister13 wrote:Yeah only because Arsenal bought him for a high price, not because he played that good.. And we all know in England they play idiot prices for players. Still, Poldi just sucks and does so for years now, so you dont need to come with stupid statistics, because they dont count here. Low already said it and with Arsenal he didnt play that much, did he ;)

LOL. You are doing this on purpose aren't you? Arsenal paid almost half of his market valuation because Köln got relegated that season; around 13 mil I think. #-o
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:55 am

Bayern bought him for 10M, then sold him for 10M. Then Koln sold him for 13M, the question is are there buyers for 20M?

Only if JLo was managing a club.
JANCKER

Postby Ottomeister13 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:53 pm

tflags wrote:
Ottomeister13 wrote:Yeah only because Arsenal bought him for a high price, not because he played that good.. And we all know in England they play idiot prices for players. Still, Poldi just sucks and does so for years now, so you dont need to come with stupid statistics, because they dont count here. Low already said it and with Arsenal he didnt play that much, did he ;)

LOL. You are doing this on purpose aren't you? Arsenal paid almost half of his market valuation because Köln got relegated that season; around 13 mil I think. #-o

No, you are trying to prove something that isnt there, Poldi has been an overrated player who never could make the big leap to a better club then Koln.. He failed at Bayern and did so at Arsenal, because he was never first choice player in the first place. On top of that all the injury and his more then mediocre games as of 2008. He is not a standout player, someone who makes a difference. And for the NT there are WAY better players for his position, so i dont know why he is still called up..
Ottomeister13

Postby tflags » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:17 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:No, you are trying to prove something that isnt there, Poldi has been an overrated player who never could make the big leap to a better club then Koln..

Oh come on. I proved you couldn't hit bullseye with a bazooka. That's because something as simple as assessing that Podolski is not good enough anymore (for whatever reason) you let your overindulged negativism bash him on his golden years. Even I, a person who didn't particularly like Bastian's best friend, recognized his extremely good run during his golden years which were, imo and limited knowledge of him, his post Bayern years.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Ottomeister13 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:19 pm

You mean the short stint he had with Koln between Bayern and Arsenal? Ah yeah indeed.. because he is just to bad for the big leagues. Accept it. In the NT he is a wasted spot if he is called up.
Ottomeister13

Postby pyrasur » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:46 pm

He used to be decent for the national team. He's not very good with Arsenal now... There are plenty of young German talents coming up who could take his spot: Andre Hahn or Patrick Herrmann for example but Poldi is probably kept for his personality and what he's done for the team in the past. Hahn or Herrmann would just be taking a spot that hardly gets used anyway in the matches and is used more for influence off the pitch.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Tedesco » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:56 pm

Well Hahn is not that young to be honest. :p
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:25 pm

Tedesco wrote:Well Hahn is not that young to be honest. :p

When he's that close to my age I consider him young ;) But he is older than I thought
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:58 pm

I don't know whether I've found the Americas or not but yesterday a local tv showed this GK who happens to be the U21 NT GK - he is labeled as the Manu Neuer
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:55 pm

ramsej84 wrote: I don't know whether I've found the Americas or not but yesterday a local tv showed this GK who happens to be the U21 NT GK - he is labeled as the Manu Neuer

Seems to me he was lucky with that one. One can see that he actually hit the ball with his left foot first by mistake. Basically he did a Hart. At least that's the impression I got.

Sent from Neo N003
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:27 am

I don't like how they are calling him the new Manuel Neuer just because he took a big risk. Is that what Neuer is in the eyes of neutrals, someone who is known solely for taking unnecessary risks?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:02 am

The look on the U21 keeper says it all. He was lucky and it wasn't intentional.

Neuer critics seems to think so. That he doesn't need to do these things and a keeper should be a shot stopper above all else.

That's why these are #JustNeuerThings. He doesn't need to come out of the box but why shouldn't he?
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MatZam » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:05 am

MUTU wrote:I don't like how they are calling him the new Manuel Neuer just because he took a big risk. Is that what Neuer is in the eyes of neutrals, someone who is known solely for taking unnecessary risks?

Unfortunately yes
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team