You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
9%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
18%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
45%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
27%

Total votes : 11

Re: General German national team thread

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:41 pm

Lahm played good there against Azerbaiyan. Even Neuer could have done a good job playing as CM against them. But Löw is not going to use him there in the Euro or any other important match, so I don't know why did he do that. He could have tried other CM's of the squad like Sebastian Rudy

--------

That's what I meant. It looks like Schürrle is playing better than Poldi or Götze... this is why:

Against Uruguay Schürrle played with Özil and co in the first half. When Podolski came in the second half he had to play wth Gomez and Klose and without Özil. The same with Götze. That's why they didn't play as good as him.

------------------

Götze needs to get playing time with the starters (Schweini, Khedira, Özil, Müller...) and not with Klose+Gomez.

With Heynckes it seems that Lahm is going to play on the left and Löw will use him on the left too, so maybe we will have to switch Müller to the left attacking midfielder place, so we can keep them together in the same wing.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby quaazi » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:10 pm

I haven't seen either of the last two Germany games (other important game in the same time), but I always thought of Schürrle as a bit of a lumbering player without the vision of Özil and Müller but with a great shot. Not a bad player by any means, just not fitting into the current German style that well. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

I'd still like Götziller in the starting lineup.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:49 pm

Schürrle played well and he did it like if he was a veteran and not a young unexperienced player. That's a great thing about him.

He scored a nice goal against Uruguay and then he scored an easy goal against Azerbaiyan. Götze did an awesome run and assisted Gomez, who missed the chance and Schürrle scored

IMO Götze and Schürrle are one step over Reus, Marin, Holtby and Kroos.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Element » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:39 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Lahm played good there against Azerbaiyan. Even Neuer could have done a good job playing as CM against them. But Löw is not going to use him there in the Euro or any other important match, so I don't know why did he do that. He could have tried other CM's of the squad like Sebastian Rudy

He did it because Lahm Actually Played it before

and also he did not want to add players to the squad

it would have been Smarter To Play Hummels there as Hummels 2nd position after CB is CDM and he also played it
Element

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:29 pm

Gotze + Reus. I am smelling the future of FCB's signings. Schurrle.... .... .... ? .... ( I 'll get an opinion formulated by Euro 2012 finals).
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:43 pm

Yea Lahm played as CM once or twice before in his 10 years of career. Against England in a friendly if I'm not mistaken

But IMO it would have been smarter playing a REAL CM as CM.

Element wrote:and also he did not want to add players to the squad

How come?

He called Rudy and Holtby for that match just because Khedira, Träsch and Schweini were injured, so he could have tried Rudy as CM and Lahm as LB or RB because Aogo and Höwedes played on the back wings.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Element » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:46 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Yea Lahm played as CM once or twice before in his 10 years of career. Against England in a friendly if I'm not mistaken

Yes , With Germany he only played CDM vs england in a friendly and Azerbaijan

However , He was A CDM before Magath made him a real LB

YlonenXabi wrote:How come?

He called Rudy and Holtby for that match just because Khedira, Träsch and Schweini were injured, so he could have tried Rudy as CM and Lahm as LB or RB because Aogo and Höwedes played on the back wings.

OH my bad

well then he should have tried Rudy
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby The Spyware » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:41 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Lahm played good there against Azerbaiyan. Even Neuer could have done a good job playing as CM against them. But Löw is not going to use him there in the Euro or any other important match, so I don't know why did he do that. He could have tried other CM's of the squad like Sebastian Rudy

--------

That's what I meant. It looks like Schürrle is playing better than Poldi or Götze... this is why:

Against Uruguay Schürrle played with Özil and co in the first half. When Podolski came in the second half he had to play wth Gomez and Klose and without Özil. The same with Götze. That's why they didn't play as good as him.

With Heynckes it seems that Lahm is going to play on the left and Löw will use him on the left too, so maybe we will have to switch Müller to the left attacking midfielder place, so we can keep them together in the same wing.

what is the point in switching Muller to keep them on the same wing ?
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Element » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:21 pm

Alexander Merkel is going to Genoa

Both AC milan an Genoa agreed on this move
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:55 pm

Element wrote:Alexander Merkel is going to Genoa

Both AC milan an Genoa agreed on this move

Good for him. He'll see better playing time there until he's developed enough to be swooped up by the big clubs.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:00 am

The Spyware wrote:what is the point in switching Muller to keep them on the same wing ?

Well this is just my opinion and Löw will probably try it. I think that Lahm and Müller have great great chemistry in the NT. They understand each other very well, they like to make combos and they are both unselfish and hard workers.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby TeamSpirit » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:55 am

YlonenXabi wrote:
The Spyware wrote:what is the point in switching Muller to keep them on the same wing ?

Well this is just my opinion and Löw will probably try it. I think that Lahm and Müller have great great chemistry in the NT. They understand each other very well, they like to make combos and they are both unselfish and hard workers.

I totally agree. +1
And me too, I believe that they come up with creative stuff. So, Lahm+Mueller on the left would be nice.

As to Lahm being a CM, he was grreat. Not saying that he should always play as a CM =), but our center was creative. Thanks, Fips!
"Wer behauptet, dass er die Kapitänsbinde nicht gerne haben will, der lügt. Jeder will doch gern Anführer einer starken Mannschaft sein." ~ Philipp Lahm

TeamSpirit
Getting the hang of it

Postby eliasov » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:24 am

great idea guys muller to play on the left flank with lahm ...and gotze to start instead of podolski that would be awesome ...

-------------neuer
-Beck----Hoewedes-hummels-lahm
----------khedira-----bastian
-gotze--------oezil------------muller
---------------gomez

but they need to play 4-3-2-1 only vs spain and maybe holland since both teams have creative and strong mieddfield
Last edited by eliasov on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
eliasov
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Conquistador » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:44 am

^Helland uses this same formation.
Conquistador
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby eliasov » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:22 am

Conquistador wrote:^Helland uses this same formation.

yes they use van bomel-de jong-snjeider !! it's better for deutshland to use 3CM when they face them ..that will balance the mieddfield but the dutch defence is very weak so they'll suffer a lot from counter attacks
ImageImage
eliasov
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team