You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
6%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
24%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
47%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
24%

Total votes : 17

Re: General German national team thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:33 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:I think Özil, Khedira and Mustafi's religion should be respected, and they should be kept on the bench! Out of respect for Ramandan, of course...

While I agree with benching them, I'm pretty sure there are exceptions for athletes. I had read something about that regarding Ribery.

hahaha it was just a joke. I want those three benched Ramandan or no-Ramadan :lol: (Guess I'm not that great expressing humor when writing)
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:17 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:I think Özil, Khedira and Mustafi's religion should be respected, and they should be kept on the bench! Out of respect for Ramandan, of course...

While I agree with benching them, I'm pretty sure there are exceptions for athletes. I had read something about that regarding Ribery.

hahaha it was just a joke. I want those three benched Ramandan or no-Ramadan :lol: (Guess I'm not that great expressing humor when writing)

Oh no, I got what you meant. I just wanted to point that out. :)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:04 am

MoFattal wrote:... and I've read that the Algerians will commit to fasting, and so will the French and Nigerians. I think it is a matter of personal choice at the end of the day. Some people (religious chiefs) say it is okay to postpone and others say its not. Plus, it's not like all of them care about it anyways. Religion is a personal choice, and it depends on how each individual interprets it himself.

In fact the Imam of the Islamic community in Malta said that amongst other excuses those on holiday can refrain from fasting..
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:27 am

Those who are travelling are allowed to not observe Ramadan; it's an exception. Therefore, it's a personal choice for all Muslims playing at the World Cup except perhaps those who ply their trade in Brazil, if there are any at all.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:21 am

ramsej84 wrote:In fact the Imam of the Islamic community in Malta said that amongst other excuses those on holiday can refrain from fasting

Those on "travel" should be the more accurate exception. The "being on travel" part is subject to personal interpretations. Sometimes they cite "work necessities" as an exception, and this can also fall into the category. Yesterday on BEIN, they had a report on this and asked a lot of Muslim players (mainly Algerians) on what they will be doing. The majority of them said that it is a personal choice and no need to go into it, which is their right. At the end of the day, for those who believe, the days missed will have to be recovered after their "travel" is done with.

If I was a footballer over there, and considering the hot conditions, I would definitely break the fast during match days as hydration would be essential for me.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:59 pm

What happens if one doesn't fast?

Sent from Neo N003
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:47 pm

Nothing :D They can fast the missing days later or they can forget about it. It is all down to how each person perceives fasting.
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MoFattal » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:05 pm

MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby scaPEPgoat » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:47 pm

I never thought I would be able to use the word fast in the same sentence as Ozil. Hmm, maybe there really is an Allah.
scaPEPgoat
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby scaPEPgoat » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:04 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:It's unfair to judge Mustafi on that mistake. I do not know much about him but he's apparently had a great season. Yes, it was a huge mistake which cost us, but let's not judge his career already. He is not ready for this WC and Loew made a mistake to play him and it will be a mistake if he persists in doing so. That doesn't mean that Mustafi has no potential.

For the rest of your post you're probably right.

I never said Mustafi has no potential. But what kind of sick logic is it that you can not judge a player by their mistakes? What do you judge them by? Only their successes? Only by how much they impress in training? Even you admit it was a huge mistake which cost us. I didn't judge his career. What are you talking about? He is not ready for WC and Loew made a mistake to play him. That is my point and obviously you agree bc you stated as much in your response. You even say that it would be a mistake to continue playing him...well why is it a mistake unless you are also judging him by his mistakes? Sounds like you are just trying to argue but why would you do it by echoing my own thoughts and then adding things I never said? Can I judge him by his mistake yesterday where he was playing fancy feet on the corner of the Algerian box and fennec knocks it away from him and bombs it downfield to create on of the oppositions best scoring chances on the day? Oh well, moot point. He's out now for the rest of the WC so good riddance.
scaPEPgoat
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dgro » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:13 am

I just went on Youtube and watched a Mesut Ozil highlight video from the 2010 WC. As a result, I am crying right now. Ok not really, but I feel like I should. Of course he had the perfect touch on his passes back then, but what I didn't remember is how much he used to run. He was fast! Assists coming directly from Ozil getting out on the break... what I wouldn't give to have that back. What happened to you, Mesut? Who hurt you? :cry:

Here's the video I watched if anyone wants to reminisce with me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh_BpSCAuGU

On another note, when Reus went down with his injury I didn't think that it was a very big deal, that we had players who could fill the gap in his place. Changed my mind on that one; after these last 2 games I think Reus is exactly the player we need in the lineup to inject some life into the team. Too bad about that. I still think starting Schurrle or Podolski on the left would help a lot.
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby pyrasur » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:23 am

Dgro wrote:I just went on Youtube and watched a Mesut Ozil highlight video from the 2010 WC. As a result, I am crying right now. Ok not really, but I feel like I should. Of course he had the perfect touch on his passes back then, but what I didn't remember is how much he used to run. He was fast! Assists coming directly from Ozil getting out on the break... what I wouldn't give to have that back. What happened to you, Mesut? Who hurt you? :cry:

Here's the video I watched if anyone wants to reminisce with me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh_BpSCAuGU

On another note, when Reus went down with his injury I didn't think that it was a very big deal, that we had players who could fill the gap in his place. Changed my mind on that one; after these last 2 games I think Reus is exactly the player we need in the lineup to inject some life into the team. Too bad about that. I still think starting Schurrle or Podolski on the left would help a lot.

Özil is definitely not playing his best, but watch the chances the team created and Özil is usually the cause. His problem is he keeps trying to create for others, when he needs to be more self-confident and do the job himself. Like Götze, at his best he is one of the top players in this team. If we can get the job done early against France, Özil should be given some rest on the bench. Having looked it up, the commentator on the match, Stewart Robson, is known for having some kind of grudge against Arsenal, so take his commentary with a grain of salt. Though take what I say with a bigger grain of salt since focusing on this replay is difficult.

Schürrle is playing great. Undoubtedly he benefits from his quickness as well as coming in when everyone else has played significant minutes. His passing sometimes makes me #-o, but he brings great energy.

PS seriously count how many times in a Germany Algeria match the commentator (if you have the same stream) finds a way to bring Arsenal into it.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Aequitas1987 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:34 am

Ozil and Gotze both cant start together; it just suffocates the team - they are both there for the most part to do the same thing; to create. Ozil was awful against Algeria but so was Gotze and Ozil improved slightly after Gotze was subbed off.

I am still waiting to see an attracking trio with Gotze and without Ozil but I know that wont happen. I think if Reus was not out injured we would have seen a lot more of Gotze combining with Reus and Muller and Ozil getting benched.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:31 pm

scaPEPgoat wrote:I never said Mustafi has no potential. But what kind of sick logic is it that you can not judge a player by their mistakes? What do you judge them by? Only their successes? Only by how much they impress in training? Even you admit it was a huge mistake which cost us. I didn't judge his career. What are you talking about? He is not ready for WC and Loew made a mistake to play him. That is my point and obviously you agree bc you stated as much in your response. You even say that it would be a mistake to continue playing him...well why is it a mistake unless you are also judging him by his mistakes? Sounds like you are just trying to argue but why would you do it by echoing my own thoughts and then adding things I never said? Can I judge him by his mistake yesterday where he was playing fancy feet on the corner of the Algerian box and fennec knocks it away from him and bombs it downfield to create on of the oppositions best scoring chances on the day? Oh well, moot point. He's out now for the rest of the WC so good riddance.

I meant that it is unfair to say that Mustafi is a bad player because of one mistake. I must have misunderstood your comment on him. If you meant he is not ready for this WC then I agree. Since that comment he's played more and he made more mistakes. I was the first to say that he couldn't do anything right.

Still, we must not forget the circumstances he played this world cup in. Barely making the squad, inexperienced, expected to fill in Lahm's boots, playing in an unfamiliar position... He should not have been played so often and it was not a wise decision to do so. But I will only say that he was bad in this world cup and at this time. He might still turn out to be a great player. It is not fair to judge and draw a conclusion on his skills based on just two weeks and a couple of games. We can only judge his performance in this tournament.

Now if you have seen him play regularly in the Serie A, it's another story. I haven't, so I'm basing my opinion on stats and what I have read. He seems to have had a good season.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JJJ » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:49 pm

That run (video) against England? Wow, Özil, what has happened to you?!
Kraft
Hummels, Badstuber, Alaba
Schöpf, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can, Contento
Müller, Wagner

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team