You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
7%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
21%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
43%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
29%

Total votes : 14

Re: General German national team thread

Postby KateL » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:44 am

I think Müller is a big match player. He also shines a lot of the time in the champions league.
KateL
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:40 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2112 ... -cup-clash

According to Islamic tradition, all Muslims are required to abstain from all food, drink, smoking, sex and any vulgar language or behavior during daylight. It is a physical, mental and spiritual demand for all who observe, even those who have low physical demands at the time. For athletes, especially those playing at the highest level, the task is hugely amplified.

All World Cup games during Ramadan kick-off at either 1 p.m. or 5 p.m., with the exception of the final, scheduled for 4 p.m.

And although Germany is not a predominantly Islamic country, the likes of Mesut Ozil, Sami Khedira and Shkodran Mustafi are Muslim.

I think Özil, Khedira and Mustafi's religion should be respected, and they should be kept on the bench! Out of respect for Ramandan, of course... :lol:
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Kevinx67 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:04 pm

The GNT are playing like Spain. Boring position football trying to walk the ball into the goal. Any team with a good counter attack can hurt them. Still don't understand why Loew brought only one striker. It's not enough especially when he is 36 and playing in the heat. To me it's a German-Dutch final.
Kevinx67
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:50 pm

Podolski is slightly injured and will miss against Algeria
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby JANCKER » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:56 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2112765-ramadan-adds-new-hurdle-for-germany-and-algeria-ahead-of-world-cup-clash

According to Islamic tradition, all Muslims are required to abstain from all food, drink, smoking, sex and any vulgar language or behavior during daylight. It is a physical, mental and spiritual demand for all who observe, even those who have low physical demands at the time. For athletes, especially those playing at the highest level, the task is hugely amplified.

All World Cup games during Ramadan kick-off at either 1 p.m. or 5 p.m., with the exception of the final, scheduled for 4 p.m.

And although Germany is not a predominantly Islamic country, the likes of Mesut Ozil, Sami Khedira and Shkodran Mustafi are Muslim.

I think Özil, Khedira and Mustafi's religion should be respected, and they should be kept on the bench! Out of respect for Ramandan, of course... :lol:

We've got a WC to win, everyone must be at 100%, btw Ozil looks exhausted without abstaining from food, there are plenty of other players that can take their place.
JANCKER

Postby pyrasur » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:12 am

I thought Özil was delaying Ramadan or at least fulfilling the requirements only to the point that it does not affect his job. We will need him for sure so I hope he stays completely ready. Also Schweini don't get hurt please!
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby scaPEPgoat » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:25 am

pyrasur wrote:I thought Özil was delaying Ramadan or at least fulfilling the requirements only to the point that it does not affect his job. We will need him for sure so I hope he stays completely ready. Also Schweini don't get hurt please!

Oh yeah, he may not contribute on defense, but how could we ever replace Ozil's 0 goals and 0 assists? Schurrle is chomping at the bit to get a start out there. Hell, I'd rather see Draxler start than Ozil. I bet he'd work his ass off for us and give us some energy out there instead of sulking and looking like an insect (ya Ozil, that is aimed at you buddy)http://www.sickchirpse.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Mesut-Ozil-Lookalike.jpg
And why is there no thread for the Germany/Algeria game? Is that something to do with Ramadan also? Or you ppl just losing interest in the world cup already?
scaPEPgoat
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:45 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:I think Özil, Khedira and Mustafi's religion should be respected, and they should be kept on the bench! Out of respect for Ramandan, of course...

While I agree with benching them, I'm pretty sure there are exceptions for athletes. I had read something about that regarding Ribery.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:47 am

scaPEPgoat wrote:And why is there no thread for the Germany/Algeria game? Is that something to do with Ramadan also? Or you ppl just losing interest in the world cup already?

MUTU has not yet added it to the fixtures list so the bot hasn't created it.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:59 am

May just say one thing please? This Ramadan thing ... Germany are playing a 100% Muslim team in Algeria so what do you think that all algeria players will be observing it????
Yeah Ozil I am sure he is a devout Muslim :lol:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:03 am

ramsej84 wrote:Germany are playing a 100% Muslim team in Algeria

Now that's a good point, didn't think of it.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:23 am

... and I've read that the Algerians will commit to fasting, and so will the French and Nigerians. I think it is a matter of personal choice at the end of the day. Some people (religious chiefs) say it is okay to postpone and others say its not. Plus, it's not like all of them care about it anyways. Religion is a personal choice, and it depends on how each individual interprets it himself.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:56 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
scaPEPgoat wrote:And why is there no thread for the Germany/Algeria game? Is that something to do with Ramadan also? Or you ppl just losing interest in the world cup already?

Done.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby scaPEPgoat » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:04 pm

ramsej84 wrote:May just say one thing please? This Ramadan thing ... Germany are playing a 100% Muslim team in Algeria so what do you think that all algeria players will be observing it????
Yeah Ozil I am sure he is a devout Muslim :lol:

Well Ozil was quoted as saying that before a match he recites passages from the Koran (sp?) to himself and that his teammates know they "can't disturb him" while he does so to me that sounds kind of devout but it probably just his excuse to be anti-social
scaPEPgoat
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby AvatarX » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:18 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

We kind of lost interest of the world cup. It's clear that Spain or Italy will win it. Oh, wait...
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team