You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
7%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
21%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
43%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
29%

Total votes : 14

Re: General German national team thread

Postby FCB&Paulaner » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:19 pm

The striker issue is not our main problem. It can be dealt with. As we have seen so far we can create chances and score, or even have enough quality in the bench to change the system any time. The problem is the selection and the defence. By selection, I mean why Ozil not being subbed after a weak performance and lethargic play? Schurrle could deserve a chance for example, at least if we play with 4-3-3. Even Podolski could have been better against Ghana. Ghana was weak in set pieces and in the air, something we didn't exploit enough. Every opponent is different, so selecting the right players is crucial in this tournament, given our problematic defence.

As fo the defence, I don't know. I just hope we will be lucky in that department...

As I noticed Loew slightly changed the tactics, to me it appeared like 4-3-2-1 smth he used against Italy in 2012 (correct me if I am wrong). So, it appeared as if he was respecting Ghana too much. And for the first time, I see the 4 defenders not committing much to attack, which also came as a surprise. Well this tactics worry me a bit, sometimes he overthinks it. Against Portugal it was OK, they should stick to their game and not tweak it every game.

However if we want to win this Cup, we need Lahm on the wing. Period. And..Khedira and Ozil on the bench!
FCB&Paulaner
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby scaPEPgoat » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:34 pm

However if we want to win this Cup, we need Lahm on the wing. Period. And..Khedira and Ozil on the bench![/quote]

Unfortunately these are probably the first two names coach puts on the lineup sheet every game. It is so glaringly obvious now that one has to ask: Why is Loew so desperate to have Ozil, Khedira and Mustafi in the lineup? Why these 3? Maybe he has some love for muslim men that he acquired while coaching in Turkey. At this point, Loew getting fired is more important than the results of this tournament. We can't win with him. If he stays beyond this tourney then our whole golden age of players will be sacrificed to the gods of diversity and never win a single prize. With the players he chooses he should either be in a mental hospital or in jail. He snubbed Kiessling and Weidenfeller for years, took forever to recognize Reus should start over Podolski, always had Kroos behind Khedira and Ozil in the pecking order. He is a fool and he picks his nose on camera for the whole world to see. ANd why does Hansi have to dress like him? They look like boyfriends. Disgrace to the German nation. We should put him in a rocket with angela merkel and send them to the moon where they belong. What are his credentials? Switzerland has a coach that won chamoions league with bayern and dortmund and what was Loew doing? Trying to get Fenerbahce to qualify for Europa League? This foolishness must end.
scaPEPgoat
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:50 pm

Wow! :shock:
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCB&Paulaner » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:55 pm

scaPEPgoat wrote:Why is Loew so desperate to have Ozil, Khedira and Mustafi in the lineup?

As for Mustafi he looks solid, might have a future, but NO experience to play in this tournament, at least the guy shows aggression, while Khedira and Ozil play as if they don't care at all. Shame...Ozil has that through pass, which sometimes is needed but that is not enough, he needs to run back and defend, tackle, fight. That's the team philosophy. Against USA it will be a physical game, and if Portugal wins their game, we need to seriously think about that encounter, or it can get ugly. It will be like a final, we should play only for a win.
FCB&Paulaner
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dgro » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:59 am

So win or tie vs USA and we automatically advance
Even with a loss vs USA Germany would advance unless the winner of Ghana/Portugal make up Germany's huge lead regarding goal differential

Do I have that right? That's pretty nice if so
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:01 am

Dgro wrote:Even with a loss vs USA Germany would advance unless the winner of Ghana/Portugal make up Germany's huge lead regarding goal differential

Ghana have to win by 4 goals if Germany lose by 1, 3 if Germany lose by 2, and so on.

As far as I know Portugal can win by 20 and still wouldn't qualify because Germany beat them. Portugal's hope is that Germany thrashes USA.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:02 am

Dgro wrote:So win or tie vs USA and we automatically advance
Even with a loss vs USA Germany would advance unless the winner of Ghana/Portugal make up Germany's huge lead regarding goal differential

Do I have that right? That's pretty nice if so

Yes you are right... Germany are +4
Portugal are -4
Ghana are -1

So if Germany lose to the USA who wins from Por or Gha has to win either 5-0 (portugal's case) or 4-0 (in ghana's casa)

Right?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:03 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Dgro wrote:Even with a loss vs USA Germany would advance unless the winner of Ghana/Portugal make up Germany's huge lead regarding goal differential

Ghana have to win by 4 goals if Germany lose by 1, 3 if Germany lose by 2, and so on.

As far as I know Portugal can win by 20 and still wouldn't qualify because Germany beat them. Portugal's hope is that Germany thrashes USA.

Apparently it ain't like that. First it is the goals average that is taken into consideration, than the goals scored and finally the direct encounters.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MatZam » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:04 am

Assuming we lose by 2 goals, Ghana have to beat Portugal by 3 or Portugal beat Ghana by 5.
Last edited by MatZam on Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:06 am

Basically it'd be extremely surprising if Germany go out now. No need to do the math. :P
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby scaPEPgoat » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:57 am

FCB&Paulaner wrote:
scaPEPgoat wrote:Why is Loew so desperate to have Ozil, Khedira and Mustafi in the lineup?

As for Mustafi he looks solid, might have a future, but NO experience to play in this tournament, at least the guy shows aggression, while Khedira and Ozil play as if they don't care at all. Shame...Ozil has that through pass, which sometimes is needed but that is not enough, he needs to run back and defend, tackle, fight. That's the team philosophy. Against USA it will be a physical game, and if Portugal wins their game, we need to seriously think about that encounter, or it can get ugly. It will be like a final, we should play only for a win.

oh yeah, Mustafi looked solid and aggressive when he didn't even jump on Ayew's goal. Maybe nxt you can come up with some excuse why they don't sing the anthem. The reason Ozil and Khdira play as if they don't care is bc they don't. They only care about their own career. See Ozil subbed off against Portugal and he is sulking? Shouldn't he be happy bc we are winning? If Ozil was not on the team and Germany played Turkey who do you think he would be cheering for? When U21s played Turkey all the Turkish-"Germans" came out to support Turkey. Same as when Monchengladbach played Turkish team in Europa and many other examples. USA gets booed at home vs Mexico. La Marseillaise gets booed in France when they host N African teams. Sometimes you must think beyond what Sepp Blatter tells you you are allowed to think!
scaPEPgoat
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:37 am

It's unfair to judge Mustafi on that mistake. I do not know much about him but he's apparently had a great season. Yes, it was a huge mistake which cost us, but let's not judge his career already. He is not ready for this WC and Loew made a mistake to play him and it will be a mistake if he persists in doing so. That doesn't mean that Mustafi has no potential.

For the rest of your post you're probably right.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Badger » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:40 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:It's unfair to judge Mustafi on that mistake. I do not know much about him but he's apparently had a great season. Yes, it was a huge mistake which cost us, but let's not judge his career already. He is not ready for this WC and Loew made a mistake to play him and it will be a mistake if he persists in doing so. That doesn't mean that Mustafi has no potential.

That's a very balanced assessment of the player - made me rethink some of my own views.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby theundead » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:31 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:It's unfair to judge Mustafi on that mistake. I do not know much about him but he's apparently had a great season. Yes, it was a huge mistake which cost us, but let's not judge his career already. He is not ready for this WC and Loew made a mistake to play him and it will be a mistake if he persists in doing so. That doesn't mean that Mustafi has no potential.

To add to that, it is not easy for a new person to integrate in a well-formed group. How much did he Mustafi train with the other guys like Basti, Lahm and co. A month perhaps. On the other hand, the other guys have been training (for the NT) together for a year at least.

And then comes the pressure of filling in none other than Philipp Lahm's position. Boateng did it to an extent but for a young Mustafi, it simply isn't possible.
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby MoFattal » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:29 pm

That's where the mistake was. He definitely is a great players, since rarely do we see a young German CB playing for a foreign league and called into the NT squad for the biggest tournament there is. However, the fact that he is being played in a completely new environment for him is what made JLo's decision to include him a huge judgement error. I think the next logical step for Mustafi is to go back to the BL and join a CL squad in order not to waste his talents in a mediocre team/league.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team