You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-06-29] England vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:00 pm

England will win inside 90 minutes
No votes
England will win after extra time
No votes
England will win on penalties
No votes
Germany will win on penalties
50%
Germany will win after extra time
No votes
Germany will win inside 90 minutes
50%

Total votes : 4

Re: [2021-06-29] England vs Germany

Postby America USA » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:11 am

Finally you've come to your senses =P~

I'm pleasantly surprised to be agreeing with #12. I also endorse your views about England's only WC win being one awarded by a pro Soviet Union/anti German asshole of a Referee.

Anyways back in 2018 (after the WC) and in 2019 (after the Nation's League relegation) when I was calling for Löw's head you and the other German users on this website (RedQueen if I recall correctly) were so opposed to sacking this nose digging idiot. If only Germany had shown smartness back then and fired this miserable coach it wouldn't have been 2-3 years down the drain. Kuntz would at least not be such a stubborn snobbish moron like Löw is!

There's still time though and just like you've come around if Löw did everyone a favour and just resigned this weekend and let Flick take over starting from the KO stages then this German team would pummel England worse than the 7-1 against Brazil!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:14 am

If it were up to me, I would keep the same formation and defence (though wouldn’t mind seeing Süle start either). Then the rest:

Kimmich - Goretzka - Gundogan - Gosens
Gnabry - Muller
Havertz

I think Kroos needs to be dropped, but he can be a useful sub to control the game. On the other hand Musiala needs to be the first off the bench when a goal is needed, even before Sane and Werner. His ability when it comes to tight defences is excellent.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Lukas » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:23 pm

England shouldn’t even be in the “European” Championship. Should just play against the other three Brit teams :lol:
Lukas
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby Ottomeister87 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:32 pm

Klosterman is actually injured with a torn hamstring, so no chance he is going to play this euro at all..
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:43 pm

America USA wrote:Finally you've come to your senses =P~

I'm pleasantly surprised to be agreeing with #12. I also endorse your views about England's only WC win being one awarded by a pro Soviet Union/anti German asshole of a Referee.

Anyways back in 2018 (after the WC) and in 2019 (after the Nation's League relegation) when I was calling for Löw's head you and the other German users on this website (RedQueen if I recall correctly) were so opposed to sacking this nose digging idiot. If only Germany had shown smartness back then and fired this miserable coach it wouldn't have been 2-3 years down the drain. Kuntz would at least not be such a stubborn snobbish moron like Löw is!

There's still time though and just like you've come around if Löw did everyone a favour and just resigned this weekend and let Flick take over starting from the KO stages then this German team would pummel England worse than the 7-1 against Brazil!
Well, I think 2018 was an absolute joke, a catastrophe, an embarrassment beyond repair and inexcusable… But he had played 5/6 GREAT tournamentsand deserved the benefit of a doubt… The Nations League is not an indicator for me, but yes, clearly he should‘ve been sent packing after the Spain defeat at the latest…

Dunno about the ref so well and why it‘s relevant he was pro Soviet - wouldn’t that make him anti-British as well?

Kuntz can be stubborn too… As can Flick… But Löw at this point is completely indifferent to input…

Also, I think 7-1 is too much, but yeah, in top form we should ein this 4-1 or 2 with a decent coach…
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister87 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:56 pm

We all could have seen the decline after 2014 already and lets be honest.. 2014 wasnt that big of a masterclass either.. Portugal game back then was good, Ghana was abominable, same as for the USA match. Algeria should have beaten us, France game was only the Hummels goal that was worth mentioning and then there was the Brazil game. In the final there was a lot of luck and Neuer, compared to a post shot by Howedes..

Everyone talks about how great the team played back then, but besides the Por and Bra game it was not watchable.

That shit went even more downhill in 2016 and especially 2018.. And guess what who went away after 2014, some guy called Hansi..
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby T4L10N » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:36 pm

Whether we debate about back 3 or not, there is no way Low changes that. I really do hope we pull a performance like we did against Portugal. Overall our side toward the final is so weak, it gonna be disaster if we manage not to win a whole thing.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Ottomeister87 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:23 pm

The thing is, it seems they have a much easier time when their opponents also play forward instead of bunkering in or countering only. England will be 10 times easier compared to that Hungarian team. England will have immense pressure because they played like shit so far and they have 40000 fans in there and they will not accept them sitting in the back..

But its a joke tbh now, all games in England cant be with fans from outside UK.. Really good job..
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:59 pm

MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:02 pm

I don't know if if is just me but lately he was liable for some brainfarts...
He is not the same Neuer...
I remember Kahn doing such mistakes when he was Manus age
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:45 am

Yes, and even Neuer had been making plenty those after breaking his foot. But then miraculously recovered his form

Now he's been in poor form for some time again. Hopefully he'll be at his best soon
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Achilles » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:11 am

He looks a bit rusty lately but this German and Flick's Bayern is a nightmare for a goalkeeper. The opponents have the perfect balls and opportunities to land a header or shooting. He almost saved Szalai header but it was too good and the timing was excellent.

He needs though to gear up because Germany will definitely need a couple of wonder saves at the K.O stage.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby T4L10N » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:44 am

ramsej84 wrote:I don't know if if is just me but lately he was liable for some brainfarts...

Its definitely due to his rainbow armband. He should concentrate more on games rather than caring about ... :D
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:59 am

ramsej84 wrote:I don't know if if is just me but lately he was liable for some brainfarts...

Look at the quality of the chances the opponents are getting. It's not easy when they often have sitters. That said, he looks a bit out of form, but he will be at his best against England, I know it.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:11 am

Just look at the goals he conceded this EC.. Hummels OG, without a chance.. Penaldo goal without a chance thanks to defense, the 2nd Portugal goal he tried something but the D still couldnt clear that ball. Hungary 1st goal, maybe on a good day he can save that, but weather, perfectly placed ball and sucky D again.. 2nd goal i could maybe partially blame him for a bit, but thats nitpicking since the whole team was still cheering for equalizing.

Just for the fact he is a keeper that comes out of the box to clear balls before there is any chance of danger, i would like him to be in goal over any other one on the EC if it would be a possibility to choose by skills.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team