You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-06-29] England vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:00 pm

England will win inside 90 minutes
No votes
England will win after extra time
No votes
England will win on penalties
No votes
Germany will win on penalties
50%
Germany will win after extra time
No votes
Germany will win inside 90 minutes
50%

Total votes : 4

Re: [2021-06-29] England vs Germany

Postby Ed. » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:49 pm

AvatarX wrote:I have faith in Flick that he will transform Germany to play in a more enjoyable style and make the most out of the players, as he did with Bayern.
To the future!

I don't think Flick is going to be a success with the NT.
His style of football is perfect for Bayern and club football but unless Flick adapts, he is not going to achieve much with the NT.
You don't get games every week and 2 leg ties to adjust and adapt in international tournaments.

I think under him the NT will be free flowing and rack up some huge wins against the decent sides that the NT is struggling to beat today, but will find it very difficult to get past the likes of the top side France etc.

Hummels is past it for another tournament. You guys want to see him in a high line in the heat of Qatar?
Sule and Ginter are really average and Flick can't even shield the CBs with some steel in midfield.

There is no defensive foundation here to build a champion side.
Upfront, without an decent no 9), all these support players are not going to amount to much.

Neuer is on the wane, Goretza and Kimmich remain the only 2 WC players and that's not enough.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:53 pm

Lukas wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Jeeeeeeezzzz
Sweet Caroline like what they sing the hamalli over here...

Pls Captain Sweden or Ukraine you have to do the job for the rest of the World

People in fancy dress at the cricket like to sing it also. It comes on towards the end of the match at around 10 pm, during a break in play and they go wild
Pls don't tell me that you understood the word hamalli?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:08 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Lukas wrote:

People in fancy dress at the cricket like to sing it also. It comes on towards the end of the match at around 10 pm, during a break in play and they go wild

No I haven’t a clue what it meant :lol: But is it similar to T20 finals day at Edgbaston? One massive drunken party, (with a few like me there to see the cricket)
Lukas
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby Lukas » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:10 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Lukas wrote:

Lukas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby Ottomeister87 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:17 pm

Like i said also, i dont see Flick turning the ship around that easy. Some players dont deserve to be in the NT at all.. Some should quit and there is a massive gap in defense and the 9 position is a drama. The offense doesnt seem to click at all.

You cannot forget the fact, that Flick only will have like 7 to 9 days every time to implement stuff, its not like a club where you can work on different things all the time. And dont forget the injuries who shatter certain plans also.

I dont think that we have to expect anything from Germany for the WC, especially not in that heat. I mean, look at what opponents they had.. France, Portugal and England. 3 big nations in which against two of them it was really lackluster performances. So you tell me just because if will be a WC they are motivated all of a sudden? They like couldnt be motivated against these nations..

I dont know if Muller will want to play with this team anymore. Hummels will be another year older and lose even more ''speed''.. Ginter is no materal for the NT, Sule has issues. Rudiger has his moments also.

This team needs a complete rebuild, no matter what the fucking name is. Purely nominating on performances through the season and not on BS merit all the time.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:31 pm

The match was one of the worst matches in this Euro along with England-Croatia and 1-2 more matches.
Boring match for a European classic and derby of two fierce rivals.
Quality of football so poor and awful, 4 days ago I said to myself that this shall be a horrible match and that both countries should end this competition today which isn't possible.
And they proved all my dark predictions, unfortunately. Germany failed to progress as I opted for them.

Germany NT is a total disgrace how they played today and all tournament besides their forever beloved Portugal which they can beat with 9 men on the pitch.

But England... so far they remind me a bit of Portugal 2016. Time to pack their stuff after Germany and leave the tournament. Simply disgusting and poor on all that talent, quality and depth. Individual flashes and goals, one-two quality chances per match and they are lucky that their opponents are also mess except Czechs.

Germany need to find their lost team spirit and cult of Dir Nationalmannschaft from the 2004-2008 period.
Back then everything was so tragic in terms of talent and individual quality, but the spirit, passion, fighting mentality, unity, vision, optimism... I haven't seen this in the team after Brazil 2014. Everything vanished after Euro 2016.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby T4L10N » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:41 pm

Absolutely horrible and disgraceful performance. Everything wrong with tactics and line-up, moreover Werner/Muller missing sitters.

Only player I was still amazed is Havertz, just pure class.

On a positive note, I do believe Germany gonna win at least 1 major tournament over the next 5 years with Hansi at its helm (I do hope it gonna be WC next year).
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Ottomeister87 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:45 pm

T4L10N wrote:Absolutely horrible and disgraceful performance. Everything wrong with tactics and line-up, moreover Werner/Muller missing sitters.

On a positive note, I do believe Germany gonna win at least 1 major tournament over the next 5 years with Hansi at its helm (I do hope it gonna be WC next year).

You should bank money on that, like the guy who predicted 3-3 Croatia vs Spain and 3-3 France vs Swiss with 1,90 and banked 42000 :D
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby T4L10N » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:48 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:
T4L10N wrote:Absolutely horrible and disgraceful performance. Everything wrong with tactics and line-up, moreover Werner/Muller missing sitters.

You should bank money on that, like the guy who predicted 3-3 Croatia vs Spain and 3-3 France vs Swiss with 1,90 and banked 42000 :D

Hahaa, well earned money then; Its just I never bet :D
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:58 pm

He doesn’t have to have THAT much time… The Bayern core know him, defensive players were not exactly outstanding here either, a striker is missing (Moukoko?)
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:12 pm

#12 wrote:He doesn’t have to have THAT much time… The Bayern core know him, defensive players were not exactly outstanding here either, a striker is missing (Moukoko?)
Too young .. he has to start playing for Dortmund first....

I'd give a chance to Nmecha first
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister87 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:12 pm

#12 wrote:He doesn’t have to have THAT much time… The Bayern core know him, defensive players were not exactly outstanding here either, a striker is missing (Moukoko?)

You really think within 9 days things are gonna change?
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Outis » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:19 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:

They maybe won't become world beaters in a year, but at least Germany won't be an embarrassment like under Löw.
Outis
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

Postby Ottomeister87 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:33 pm

Outis wrote:
Ottomeister87 wrote:

They maybe won't become world beaters in a year, but at least Germany won't be an embarrassment like under Löw.

You dont know that. 2018 they were talking about internal struggles with the team and i have a feeling this year was the same, they werent playing as a team. But we will see..
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Outis » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:49 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:You dont know that. 2018 they were talking about internal struggles with the team and i have a feeling this year was the same, they werent playing as a team. But we will see..

Possible. But I think Flick excels in this department - team spirit. So if anyone can fix that it's him.
Under Nagelsmann I believe Gnabry and specially Sane will regain form...
Only defense and specially striker are things to worry about...
Outis
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team