You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-06-02] Austria vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:00 pm

Austria will win
50%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Germany will win
50%

Total votes : 2

Re: [2018-06-02] Austria vs Germany

Postby Achilles » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:44 am

Today was B+C mix team and Low didn't help either... Germany looks uninterested and underperforms in the last games.
If Neuer doesn't feel any pain in the next days then he goes to Russia. I couldn't tell that he comes back from a serious injury and lengthy absence , he was exactly as he should be great player!
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bmguy » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:55 am

anyone knows how well Petersen performed in this match ? Looks like dropping Wagner was a mistake by Loew. Out of his 15 goals in Bundesliga, there're around 6-7 goals from PK, not really good at all.

I don't want to see Gomez in another tournament but the fact that Petersen is not good enough to ditch him :roll:

It's a shame that Gnabry couldn't make it in the last minute, Loew had been watching him closely. The boy was on a phenomenal run in a weak team but still managed to score + assist that many goals.
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:09 pm

Loew will regret it... Gomez is finished, Petersen is there just to make Wagner more

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:04 pm

Petersen was pretty invisible yesterday, but it felt like a reflection of the team as a whole... couldn't get anything going
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby bmguy » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:02 pm

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundeslig ... 467896.jsp why this guy was not called up? Loew made strange decisions at times, petersen is an unknown to him and he chose him over wagner.
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby bmguy » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:08 pm

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundeslig ... 467896.jsp why this guy was not called up? Loew made strange decisions at times, petersen is an unknown to him and he chose him over wagner.
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby Manchu » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:18 pm

America USA wrote:
Manchu wrote:
America USA wrote:Germany can’t play against ultra high press teams #-o

They were fine (although not perfect) in the first half, it's just that Low's subs were dismal. Sule-Rudiger is already a fairly weak center back pairing, but taking out Khedira in particular and then Gundogan meant that a very weak and not at all press resistant Rudy-Goreztka midfield was playing in front of a weak CB pairing, yet Low didn't modify the tactics at all and played the team like Hummels, Boateng, Kroos, and Khedira were out there. If you add in Kimmich having one of the worst games of his life and Muller being unavailable, the results were pretty predictable.

I think Süle and Rudiger did very well today. Goretzka looked bright and Khedira and Brandt also did well.

Rudy has completely lost his spirit it seems. Hector was invisible in the second half and Kimmich was just awful!

Truth be told, Sane and Gomez have been the biggest disappointments.

I agree that Khedira was excellent. He looked good in the first half but his importance became even more clear in the second half because Germany started continually giving the ball away the instance that he came off. This leads to my second point, which is that when a team shows no ability to play through a high press and continually loses the ball in dangerious situations, it is usually the fault of the CBs, the center midfielders, or both, often because they aren't positioning themselves correctly or are making poor decisions(although Kimmich also played a big role today). That's why I wasn't satisfied with the Rudiger(I would much rather have Badstuber)-Sule pairing or (particularly) the Rudy-Gundogan midfield; when Goretzka came on for Gundogan, he didn't improve the midfield situation at all, which is why I don't think he played well.

I actually think Gomez did fairly decently. He came on very late in a really bad situation and actually managed to get a few shots off, which is much better than Petersen(who never should have been called up and who was invisible the entire game) managed.

I agree that Brandt did well in the first half. In the second half, Germany was pinned so deeply back that he never really got a chance to show any attacking prowess.

Sane was dismal like always and I'm honestly thinking that we dodged a bullet in not signing him. He can play well under Guardiola's system but not otherwise and we already have enough Comans.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:24 am

The Mario Gomez haters have to endure another Summer :coffee:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to German National Team