You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Schalke 04

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Schalke 04

Postby AdepT » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:50 pm

The thing is it's a decision I would leave it with the player. Some have great memories and are thankful to their past clubs because of which they take a higher stride in their careers. So not celebrating is completely fine with as long as they keep scoring goals against them. :wink:
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Bazi » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:31 pm

Goretzka is now suing his club Vfl Bochum for the abidance of his contractual release clause.

He'll end up at Schalke one way or the other imo.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Bazi » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:23 pm

Szalai to Schalke is through.

Mainz05 coach Tuchel said "It's normal that a player of his quaility eventually leaves Mainz05. We will have to find a different way to play our game without him."
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:56 pm

Hopefully they wont be embarrassed by a team like Galatasaray in the UCL....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Chalant » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:01 pm

Bazi wrote:Szalai to Schalke is through.

Mainz05 coach Tuchel said "It's normal that a player of his quaility eventually leaves Mainz05. We will have to find a different way to play our game without him."

Tuchel is one of the best coaches in the BL IMO. They will survive without him.

But Schalke have Huntelaar. Will Szalai be content with a bench spot?
Emre CAN do it.
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Bazi » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:42 pm

Chalant wrote:
Bazi wrote:Szalai to Schalke is through.

But Schalke have Huntelaar. Will Szalai be content with a bench spot?

Huntelaar was injured for a major part of the last season and Schalke almost failed to get fourth in the league as a result. They desperately needed a capable second CF.

Plus Huntelaar has a very huge salary. I figure that they are going to rebuild their squad with cheaper, younger players and stars like Huntelaar and Farfan will eventually leave the club. Plus Huntelaar has a buyout clause in his contract which is valid until late August so they could end up without a striker should the Dutchman get an interesting offer.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:58 pm

Its official!
@Bundesliga_GOAL: OFFICIAL: Adam #Szalai has joined @s04 from @1FSVMainz05 on a four-year deal. The striker will wear the No. 28. http://t.co/svtnV0LSC7
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MoFattal » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:18 pm

That's a pretty decent signing from Schalke.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Bazi » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:40 pm

I really like what Schalke is building up with young players.

Every year the DFB honors the biggest talents of the U19, U18 and U17 age groups with gold, silver and bronze medals for extraordinary talent. Of course not everybody who is awarded with such a medal will finally make it as a star player in the Bundesliga but many gold and silver winners made it as big stars and a lot of bronze winners are still very decent Bundesliga players.

Just a few names which were awarded with those medals over the last 6-7 years:

gold medal:
Kevin-Prince Boateng U19
Lars Bender U17
Benedikt Höwedes U19
Toni Kroos U18
Mario Götze U17&18
Julian Draxler U18
Marc-André ter Stegen U19

silver and bronze medal:
Manuel Neuer U19
André Schürrle U19
Kevin Volland U19
Jérôme Boateng U19
Marko Marin U17
Sven Bender U17

To get to the point:

Schalke now assemble the gold, silver and bronze winners of the 2012 Fritz-Walter youth competitions for U17 players.

Namely:

Leon Goretzka: an incredible box-to-box midfielder with immense physique and the entire all-round package
Max Meyer: an amazingly skilled futsal educated offensive midfielder with dribbling abilities I haven't seen from a German since Scholl retired
Pascal Itter: a very talented defensive, central midfielder from Nürnberg's youth academy.

That's the way to go for a club with more than € 170m in debt. I'm sure Goretzka and Meyer will make it, possibly even Itter. This talent alongside Draxler, seasoned veterans like Huntelaar, Farfan and Jones plus the captain Benedikt Höwedes promises a lot for the future.

The only thing missing now is excellent coaching. I've got still some lingering doubts about Jens Keller's qualities. Perhaps we'll see Thomas Tuchel at Gelsenkirchen in the future.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:59 pm

I think we all agree that coaching is Schalke's biggest problem. Unfortunately for them Rangnick couldn't stay.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bazi » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:18 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think we all agree that coaching is Schalke's biggest problem. Unfortunately for them Rangnick couldn't stay.

Rangnick's successor Mirko Slomka was even more successful but he got on a fight with former manager Müller and got sacked on fourth place after a deep CL run...

Müller was a real moron.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB general » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:28 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think we all agree that coaching is Schalke's biggest problem. Unfortunately for them Rangnick couldn't stay.

Besides that, patience with the coaches was far bigger problem. Sometimes they really had fantastic and quality names on the bench, but always in the clouds that they're the best team in Germany, bla bla, never decided to give one more chance to someone to build the team, create new mentality, new formation, playing style, to bring quality and perspective players. In the last 10 years we can see where did their reflection bring S04.

The structure was always the problem. If you look at us and our coach(Heynckes, Guardiola) president(Hoeneß, Beckenbauer) and our directors(Rummenigge, Sammer, Hopfner, Dressen) and their, you can see the huge difference. Long term strategy and the one big nothing. Now, if you look at the situation in Dortmund, everything look pretty obvious, Watzke, Zorc, Klopp = vision, talent, success, domination, quality, money. They were in bad condition, almost kicked out from the BuLi in 2003 and 6-7 years later they've found an idea how to recover and get back.

Schalke can't do such things because they don't know how what do they really want and how to manage that.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Bazi » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 pm

FCB general wrote:
Schalke can't do such things because they don't know how what do they really want and how to manage that.

I think they successfully changed their power structure since Magath left.

Horst Heldt is a capable manager and has a trusting working relationship with Clemens Tönnies. What he did with the team over the last couple of years was really very convincing.

The only weak ling left is arguably the coach Jens Keller.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB general » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:10 pm

Bazi wrote:I think they successfully changed their power structure since Magath left.

Well, I thought since the end of Assauer's era, not after Magath's failure. This can't be called an era because it worked only 2 years.

S04 problem is very, very old. They've took 2 cups after Assauer, played one CL semi-final and still nowhere Bundesliga on radar.

Keller is a total disgrace for a 'great' Schalke. 2013/14 won't be too much different from last 2-3 years.

They ain't serious when they decide to plan with Keller and they'll keep with the old crap. But it will be easier for Bayern, no doubt.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby dambun » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:20 pm

Bazi wrote:Horst Heldt is a capable manager and has a trusting working relationship with Clemens Tönnies.

Well.... one could argue that his policy of always selling stars and replacing them with talents does not necessarily always pay off.... He was the manager of Stuttgart and by applying the same policy, turned them into a mediocre team which is fighting for (avoiding) relegation these days... they also had a great Academy at Stuttgart and could have built on their recent Bundesliga title's success to become a powerhouse in Germany if they adopted different strategies...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany