You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Schalke 04

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Schalke 04

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:02 pm

Fénix wrote:I didn't read anything until now and then I see this on headline; the famous "Italian face" of Bundesliga passed away at the age of 74. :o

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Some 6-7 years ago I asked myself where are the old Bundesliga aces and legends who I used to see as a kid since you barely could see or hear them anywhere.
He marked Schalke's history. 18 years in the club, 90's success, Meister der Herzen, etc.

I remember how I used to be pissed off every time when I would see him on TV during Bundesliga broadcasts 15-20 years ago :) , but all in all, he was a part of a wonderful football period, old Bundesliga that ceased to exist in mid-2000's.

Time/life really runs so fast... Rest in peace, Rudi! [-o<

RIP Bundesliga lost another icon ! He had a style and I too used to view him as a kind off villain especially with that cigar trademark of his !
What a time that was, what an era.
He had a tough job to do that day in May 2001 !
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Fénix » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:15 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:RIP Bundesliga lost another icon ! He had a style and I too used to view him as a kind off villain especially with that cigar trademark of his !
What a time that was, what an era.
He had a tough job to do that day in May 2001 !

Back then we had rivals Bundesliga, though. :roll: That's what I'm missing the most from the past... That sporting hostility, tensions, jealousy, arrogance, anger, argument, dead race for domestic titles... Dortmund, Schalke, 1860 München and Leverkusen in the first line back then, then Kaiserslautern, HSV... Every weekend for itself was worth of waiting and living for. I still remember that 5-1 defeat when I felt I'm about to get sick.

And today we are talking about "good relationship", "friendship", "business" and that crap. :lol: #-o

As you said, that cigar, smile, hair and face... He has nothing to do with Italians, but he looked like one of their. :) Last 10 years I really started to have some sympathies for him, he even gave some very nice statements about Bayern between 2010 and 2014.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:10 pm

Fénix wrote:And today we are talking about "good relationship", "friendship", "business" and that crap. :lol: #-o.

...and everyone turned into this even the players.
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayernbazi » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:06 am

Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Postby JJJ » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:12 pm

I can see why. Champions League team losing at home 0-4 pretty much against a 2. Bundesliga team.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Früchtl
Hummels, Badstuber, Alaba
Müller, Fein, Kroos, Can, Schöpf
Wagner, Zirkzee

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tuscanybayern » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:29 pm

I can see why. Champions League team losing at home 0-4 pretty much against a 2. Bundesliga team.

That's what the "04" in Schalke 04 stands for :lol:

- Schalke 04 15/16:

Cashed 43 million euros by selling Draxler to Wolfsburg;
Cashed 7 million euros by selling Farfan to Al-Jazira;
Cashed 6,7 million euros by selling Papadopoulos to Bayer Leverkusen;
= + 56,7 million euros

Spent to 35,5 million euros to buy Geis, Nastasic, Di Santo, Schopf, Caicara (pretty much thrown into garbage, I don't recall who on this forum last year said that Schopf will become better than Thiago because of some Goalimpact stat, lol)

- Schalke 04 16/17:

Cashed 50,5 million euros by selling Sané to Man City;
Spent 26,5 million euros to buy Embolo (Major of Garbage City, has "I am the next Balotelli" written in Times New Roman 42 on his chest)

- Schalke 17/18:

Spent more than 50 million euros for meh players.

- Schalke 18/19:

Lost Goretzka for free and even gave us 16 million euros for Rudy (that's super-good relationship, Hasan), lost Max Meyer for free to Crystal Palace (which is higher in the EPL table compared to Schalke), sold Kehrer to PSG for 37.5 million euros and replace him with nobody.

DESERVED
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:43 pm

Hey hey hey don't diss Embolo, he's alright.

The rest pretty much spot on though.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby shpati_L1 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:13 pm

The main question is: how the fuck did they end up with Stambouli as captain?
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby tuscanybayern » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:03 pm

shpati_L1 wrote:The main question is: how the **** did they end up with Stambouli as captain?

Stambouli is their vice-captain. The captain is Fahrmann who for some reason was not playing.
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:25 pm

All BuLi teams are mismanagement disaster. Every single team that managed to build something nice over the last decade sold their key players for good money only to flush it down the toilet by getting considerably inferior players.

Leverkusen, Schalke, Wolfsburg.

Even BVB is nowhere near as good (in terms of squad quality) as they were during Klopp's tenure or Tuchel's first season.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:29 pm

Success and progression are nothing compared to the romanticism of the 50+1 though :roll:
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby #12 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:45 pm

Abolishing 50+1 is no use when you invest money in shit players...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:50 pm

Or maybe if you have better owners you'll invest better, or can even maybe try to keep players rather than selling them, but I don't know :coffee: Hey, at least the Germans can still take pride in something that very clearly make German football shit!
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby #12 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:52 pm

I'm not even saying 50+1 should remain untouched dude... I'm just saying it’s not the biggest/only problem!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:53 pm

It is, by about a few million miles.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany