You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Schalke 04

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Schalke 04

Postby Ottomeister13 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:46 pm

Yeah they won the DFB pokal.. But that's with luck, less matches and very often weaker opponents.

VFR Aalen in the first round 1-2 win.. FSV Frankfurt 0-1 win.. Augsburg 0-1 win.. Nurnberg 3-2 after win 120 minutes.. Bayern 0-1 win.. Duisburg 0-5 win..

So it's not as if they steamrolled through that year in the cup. Especially since they ended the Bundesliga 14th.. with 40 points, just 4 ahead of relegation spot..

Even in 2001 they failed hard, i don't want to be harsch now, even if i am a Bayern fan. But they had enough points ahead where they needed only 1.. Then they lost against VFB and the dream was kinda over. That's what i am saying with this, in the matches that matter, when it comes down to Championship material, Schalke doesn't have it. Their squad is just not width enough to handle the DFB, Liga and especially CL. Last season against RM was just embarassing, ofcourse Bayern lost aswell against them, but not in the way Schalke did..

I know Heldt is Always the one who starts about ''no we don't talk about the Bundesliga title'' and stuff at first, but he is Always the first who does and as soon as that happens, same as with Hoffenheim in their first bundesliga season or like with Neverkusen, they all start failing. Because they build up unneeded pressure on themself.

I predict a very rough season this year. Unnerstall/Hildebrand/Annan/Szalai/Hoogland and now Papadopoulos left and the got Itter/Friedrich from their own youth, Maxim Choupo Moting ( who is a good player, if he stays healthy ) Aogo/Sam and Giefer.. That's all.. Aogo and Sam are injury magnet's aswell. Obasi is not relevant anymore, but that happened when he left Hoffenheim.

Fuchs is very likely going aswell before the end of the transferperiod, Farfan is still injured, Hunterlaar has Always problems as of 2 seasons back, Draxler is injured a lot and the pressure with his almost trade to Arsenal kept him very far away from his play also.

And the rest of the team is not like, ah they can get Meister with this tbh. I predict them, to probably not even make Europe for next season. They just miss a lot of debt. I see for now Bayern and Dortmund, WOlfsburg, Gladbach and prolly Leverkusen in front of them at the end of the season.

And the most of this i cannot blame on Keller, but on Heldt.. He is a very bad manager imo. Always stupid comments to make the team insecure, never backing anyone up when they need it, but doing it when it's not needed at all. He wasted a lot of money and talent with Schalke over the last couple of years. Best example is Neuer, he knew they could not hold him, so they should have just admitted it, get another GK and move on into a relaxed pre-season, but no.. Everything was about Neuer... Just because Heldt is such a d*ck.. Always thinks that he has to give his opinion on everything, especially when it comes down to Bayern.
Ottomeister13

Postby quaazi » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:50 pm

Bazi wrote:They won the DFB cup in 2011, just saying.

That one was entirely down to Neuer though, christ his performance against us was irritating(ly good).
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Ottomeister13 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:33 pm

And the next injured Schalke player.. Giefer, is out for a couple of weeks because of an injury, Adduktoreninjury, don't know the English word for it.
Ottomeister13

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:48 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:And the next injured Schalke player.. Giefer, is out for a couple of weeks because of an injury, Adduktoreninjury, don't know the English word for it.

Some sort of thigh injury but not sure exactly what.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:11 pm

I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:55 pm

Schalke lost again in a friendly today.. 2-1 against Tottenham, was not a great game by Schalke from what i've read, so that good news for the 30th :P
Ottomeister13

Postby Tedesco » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:39 pm

Schalke going down 2-0 against Dynamo Dresden. :lol:
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB general » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:45 pm

Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Tedesco » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:21 pm

Aaaand they're out! :lol:
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister13 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:01 am

Good.. Now in a little less then two weeks i hope they go DOWN against Bayern aswell when i am in the Stadium :D
Ottomeister13

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:01 am

:lol: Silvano Comvalius he is our ex-player who won the league with Birkirkara FC 2009/2010 [source]
=D>
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:19 am

One competitor out of the race. :D
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:32 am

With Keller they aren't really competitors. They are more of whipping boys.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:00 am

Kolasinac torn ACL aswell, going great for them. I wonder if they bite their ass for selling Papadopoulos to Leverkusen now..
Ottomeister13

Postby JJJ » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:16 am

Papa is a CB, not LB. They still have Fuchs and Höwedes for that position. Centre is still well covered - Ayhan, Kirchoff and so on.
Kraft
Hummels, Badstuber, Alaba
Schöpf, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can, Contento
Müller, Wagner

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany