You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Schalke 04

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Schalke 04

Postby endrity » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:15 pm

Good deal this, Aogo I think is an updgrade over Fuchs who probably will leave next season.

Kolasinac though is clearly their long-term LB, or at least until a top team comes in for him because he really is quite talented. S04 have started the second phase really well with three straight wins. I hope it continues. I want them to establish themselves as true European power, and be able to hold on to some of their stars.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:19 pm

They need a good coach and a new defensive system.

They are always going to be demolished by top teams with this current tactics. It sucks but Real Madrid will mostly humilliate them in both games.

BTW Draxler is not back yet :|
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby endrity » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:57 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:They need a good coach and a new defensive system.

They are always going to be demolished by top teams with this current tactics. It sucks but Real Madrid will mostly humilliate them in both games.

Well they've been playing their best, most consistent football without Draxler. Make of that what you want, but since I think Draxler is nowhere ready to be a starter for a Bayern/Real type team, it should probably tell him to shut the f.. up and start playing, because he's got a real good team that can achieve things if he puts his focus into it.

As for the coach, yeah Keller is no big inspiration but seems to have caught a break finally with Boateng as a #8 instead of #10 or false 9 that he was trying to play him earlier. Hopefully they learned a few things from the Chelsea matches too.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AdepT » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:05 am

van Gaal is available after summer.
Tottenham are after him. I say Schalke now's your chance. Pounce.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:27 am

Van Gaal would be a great investment for future. The Dutchman prefers young players and he's not affraid to put them in action. Since Schalke already have a lot of young players in the first team, this would be a mitigating circumstance. :)

But I guess van Gaal wants to move to England as his last destination in coaching career. I think he had told once in the interview where he talked about national team situation, how he's never seen himself being a NT coach but only as a club coach. Nothing surprise me, van Gaal's already been sport director of Ajax and very soon he step down.

Maybe van Gaal is the right person for United. :D
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby dambun » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:14 am

YlonenXabi wrote:They need a good coach and a new defensive system.

while I agree completely, Xabi, I don't think anything like that is gonna happen...

We have to see it from Schalke managers' perspective: Why bring a new coach, implement better tactics and improve the defensive stability? They say defense wins you titles... well, Schalke are not going to win any titles in the Bundesliga, having such a superior rival as Bayern (and to an extent, BVB)... The best they can hope for, is a CL spot at the end of the league... which they can (or think they can) achieve even with a Keller type of coach (because of the quality they have in the squad)...

They don't have any hopes of winning the CL either... All they would want is making it out of the group stage, which again, they have done with Keller at helm... So all in all, they feel they are achieving the best possible without paying high salaries for a top coach... They are really very well set up for such mediocrity

AdepT wrote:van Gaal is available after summer.
Tottenham are after him. I say Schalke now's your chance. Pounce.

Well... That would be an excellent match for Schalke... They won't need to buy any players (LvG won't want it)... Plus they have one of the best academies in Europe, which will be a gold mine for LvG... This may be their best course of action, if they have the long-term success in mind... LvG may not win them any titles (which is just normal with them), but with the abundance of great talent in Schalke and the marvelous individual/tactical development that LvG brings with him, they'll have the potential to challenge even the mighty Bayern in a few years...

Sadly, I don't see them having such plans...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Achilles » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:18 pm

Winterpause was very beneficial for this team,it's not about the results only but they play very good football,I expect with Draxler in they will secure the 4th place and can top BVB with so much injuries.Schalke does everything in the right way,kills of a game directly,defense improvement statistically and on the game much less mistakes and individually decent performances,Fährmann is on top his game and if he keeps it up then the GK problem for S04 is solved,we have to way it to see how Fährmann can compete with the pressure and making such good performances day in day out.
I eager to see if they can keep it up at BuLi especially against a top BuLi team such as Leverkusen,if they can manage this out I'm expecting some decent matches against RM,because before the winterpause I was feared for a slaughter but now the things have changed both mentally and on the pitch.

What is going on with Papadopoulos? Why he isn't playing?
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:11 pm

Achilles wrote:What is going on with Papadopoulos? Why he isn't playing?

This has also been puzzling me but im assuming that they may not want to rush him into the starting line up after such an injury but thats just my two cents
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby dambun » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:50 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
Achilles wrote:What is going on with Papadopoulos? Why he isn't playing?

This has also been puzzling me but im assuming that they may not want to rush him into the starting line up after such an injury but thats just my two cents

He was practically out injured for 1-1.5 years with a knee problem... It's not really strange that he is not yet back to 100%, is it?
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby endrity » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:40 pm

Brilliant win for them today, their academy is really something as they keep bringing new talents in the team. Can't wait to see Avdijaj too, heard great things about him.

I know they have literally no chance against RM but it would be good to see them give a good showing nonetheless. To me Draxler is crazy about wanting to leave so soon a team like this. If anything he can be the talent that really edges them to a new level. And he's gotta be seeing how good they are playing now and wonder if maybe his attitude before the winter break hurt his team. They could have easily been second right now.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:38 pm

They're doing really well in 2014. It's good that they regained their form just before the CL. Real will almost certainly go through, but I think the games will be much closer than I thought when the draw was made.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:20 am

They still need Papadopulous and Howedes back though. Satana + Matip is just not good enough.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AdepT » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:27 am

MaCk0y wrote:They still need Papadopulous and Howedes back though. Satana + Matip is just not good enough.

Just an own goal and that. :lol:
Don't be so harsh on the guy. :P

Papa was on bench, wasn't he? He should be in form in a month.

Any news on Howedes' comeback?
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Tedesco » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:31 am

AdepT wrote:
MaCk0y wrote:They still need Papadopulous and Howedes back though. Satana + Matip is just not good enough.

Papa was subbed in yesterday. He's back
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:35 am

AdepT wrote:

:lol: Oops.

Sent from Neo N003
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany