You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Schalke 04

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Schalke 04

Postby Tedesco » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:30 pm

OMG Schalke destroying the BuLi

:)
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MatZam » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:41 pm

MUTU wrote:Official: Schalke will sign Sidney Sam from Bayer Leverkusen in Summer.

Egads! Scheming Schalke have crippled their rivals (for a CL spot) in a dastardly fashion! How could they! I hope they lose all their matches. And how could Sam turn his back upon the side that have nurtured him and made him a star! Greedy boy!!

'Sorry, just taking some frustration out... :P :P
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:48 pm

I think i speak for everyone hear by saying Schalke are going to cripple the German Bundesliga with their underhanded tactics of poaching talents like Sam. Leverkusen were just getting established and now this, how disgusting! :mrgreen:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:35 pm

It really sucks for Leverkusen but now Schalke have their wings overcrowded with Draxler, Farfan, Sam and Clemens. I think Farfan will leave because he plays in Sidney Sam's best position
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MoFattal » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:29 am

I really like Farfan. Too shame we have no place for him.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:30 am

YlonenXabi wrote:It really sucks for Leverkusen but now Schalke have their wings overcrowded with Draxler, Farfan, Sam and Clemens. I think Farfan will leave because he plays in Sidney Sam's best position

It's also possible that Draxler is the one leaving.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:59 pm

True, I think it will depend on if they make it to the CL. Sam's best position is right winger IMO so he can cut inside and make his trademark curved shots but I remember he was the key player in Kaiserslautern's promotion to the BL a few years ago and he played on the left wing.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:07 pm

Well well well... rumours are out that Villas Boas was at the Doha training camp because he's next in line for the top job in Gelsenkirchen. [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AdepT » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:26 pm

Certainly better than Keller. He has had his name a bit soiled in PL but he's a good coach.
Another appeal factor for Buli.

Though if selected he'll have to rectify his idea of a very high defensive line. Otherwise he may again suffer.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Constantine » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:34 pm

Schalke will get nowhere if they keep placing their players ahead of their coaches. Bringing in new talent without solving this issue first is a big mistake.
Constantine
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:53 pm

Villas Boas would be an interesting choice. He's failed in England, but we know the success he had before that.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:06 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Villas Boas would be an interesting choice. He's failed in England, but we know the success he had before that.

Expectations were way too big and he couldn't make miracles. That's the problem, especially with Chelsea. In 2012/13 and in this season Chelsea look just like Villas Boas wanted, but Abramovič didn't want to wait. Mourinho has a fantastic team, but not for his kind of philosophy.

In Schalke there's no pressure and big expectations(at least there shouldn't be since they're disgusting), so I think the Portuguese can do it nice and slow. These SO4 talents need a right person to bring them on the right level of football and help them to reach their own maximum potential.

In my opinion, I think Villas Boas is exactly that person. If it's not, at the end he's far better solution than Keller. Even Schaaf and Slomka are better solutions.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Ruht » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:42 pm

I would love it if AVB went to Schalke. He is a good coach, regardless of what happened at Chelsea and Tottenham and would do well in Germany.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby FCB general » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:34 pm

As I mentioned earlier...
Andre Villas-Boas linked with German club Schalke 04 after flying into Doha training camp [source]

I would say it was not a coincidence.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:27 am

If Schalke can give Keller "enough" time to bring the team together, than I'm pretty certain they can give AVB "enough" time to do so as well but with considerably more benefits.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany