You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Schalke 04

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Schalke 04

Postby Borusse » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:15 pm

Didnt think of that... :-k
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby AssemFCB » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:53 am

I wonder what prompted him to leave Milan for Schalke. Was it the challenge of a new project? The constant racism? The chance to return to Germany? In any case, I think it's great that Schalke have strengthened this well.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Borusse » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:42 am

I think its his love for Bundesliga made his choose Schalke. I read 2 or 3 interviews with him and he was always saying that german league is the best in the world and he would like to come back there in the future.
Borusse

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MoFattal » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:43 am

Well, it is not easy to play in stadiums with full support and then go to a league were not even the top games can get you 70% of the full capacity.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Borusse » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:47 am

Speaking about that - I was always wondering how much impact do fans have on players and their performance, morale etc. during games. Footballers always say "they need the support" and give all of those clouche comments "fans were great tonight" and so on. I wonder how much they really care about those people at the stadium watching them and supporting them and does it give them the extra push or they just forget about the crowd and play the game.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MoFattal » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:52 am

Well, the way I see it is that many of the footballers don't care much about supporters outside the field of play, but 'I'm sure that the support is very much appreciated and affecting during the games. The atmosphere provided cannot not get into you. Human nature says so ;) I say that from my experience when I used to played pro basketball for a very brief period. Fans always give a push and place more stake on the outcome, and games with no fans have the feeling of friendly games.
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:34 pm

Their is a reason we always emphasize home games over away game....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Borusse » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:59 pm

This Schalke team can be so, so good. When Howedes, Papadopulous, Huntelaar and Kolasinac come back, Goretzka and Meyer make their way into the starting line-up I see Schalke becoming a real force. They have sooo much potential. They just need a better manager. Its a shame watching them play average football when they have so much quality on the pitch.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Bazi » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:51 pm

I was very surprised by KP Boateng's interview in today's SportStudio program. He seemed humble, focused and 100% professional. His stay at AC Milan seems to have worked wonders on his character and attitude towards football. Wow!

On top of that he had a very solid performance for Schalke today and as mentioned before I like Draxler a lot better on the left wing. Dennis Aogo also had a very promising debut for Schalke04 as their new LB. Maybe this change in environment is exactly what he needed to show what he's really made of.

Now imagine a fit Papadopoulos and Goretzka making the step into CM...let's hope Keller can turn things around. Having an old-hand like Peter Hermann at his side will hopefully have a positive influence, too.

Kudos to Horst Heldt. Those new signings look very promising.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:24 pm

Apparently TZ is reporting that Ronaldinho to Schalke is almost a done deal. Draxler will be allowed to leave.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:57 pm

I think Draxler will be leaving to compensate for all those purchases, but where to? It would be a shame losing such an amazing player.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:10 pm

They should keep him for another season anyway and try to mount a series challenge in the league and go far in the CL.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:11 pm

I agree, but their purchases are expensive especially if Ronaldihno is to sign. It's all about the money, I guess.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Borusse » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:13 pm

Ronaldinho would tear up this league. He's still a great, great player. I hope they do sign him, even if that means selling Draxler. I love Dinho. :P
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Ruht » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:08 pm

If Arsenal have really made a bid for Ozil then the talk about them wanting Draxler is not true. That leaves only Madrid and I doubt they will buy another midfielder this year. Can't see where he'd go really.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany