You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Schalke 04

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Schalke 04

Postby Bazi » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:39 pm

dambun wrote:
Bazi wrote:Horst Heldt is a capable manager and has a trusting working relationship with Clemens Tönnies.

Well.... one could argue that his policy of always selling stars and replacing them with talents does not necessarily always pay off.... He was the manager of Stuttgart and by applying the same policy, turned them into a mediocre team which is fighting for (avoiding) relegation these days... they also had a great Academy at Stuttgart and could have built on their recent Bundesliga title's success to become a powerhouse in Germany if they adopted different strategies...

Stuttgart has a completely different problem. Their board and president is polluted by amigos and power greedy, arrogant idiots. For them self-staging is more important than Vfb Stuttgart. I don't think many people blame Heldt for a lot that happened at the club. The board just couldn't handle money and gave Heldt a budget that was too big and once they didn't qualify for the Champions League their house of cards collapsed pretty damn quick.

Say what you will but Horst Heldt is arguably one of the best negotiaters in the business. We speak from experience with Gomez and Neuer but also Khedira went for a pretty good fee considering he only had 1 year left on his contract. I mean they got € 14m for Khedira whereas Bremen only got € 17m for Özil. Decide for yourself who did the worse job and got the short stick here.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby dambun » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:13 pm

Well... I have not access to the necessary information and therefore am not sure how much of Stuttgart's failure is Horst Heldt's fault... I hope you are right about this... I am just worried for Schalke (and German football) because they really do have great potential...

Bazi wrote:Say what you will but Horst Heldt is arguably one of the best negotiaters in the business.

He might be (again I don't know)... but his negotiation skills were not what I've been worried about...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:02 am

Nice one Hildebrand. :D

MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JJJ » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:25 pm

Bastos left to Arabia or somewhere. S04 didn't want to pay his buy-out clause 4m €.
Kraft
Hummels, Badstuber, Alaba
Schöpf, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can, Contento
Müller, Wagner

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:36 pm

JJJ wrote:Bastos left to Arabia or somewhere. S04 didn't want to pay his buy-out clause 4m €.

What why? He is very talented in my opinion....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby JJJ » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:08 pm

High wage, youngsters' potential: Clemens, Meyer and so. They have also Farfan, Draxler, Barnetta who could play that position.
Kraft
Hummels, Badstuber, Alaba
Schöpf, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can, Contento
Müller, Wagner

JJJ
I post all the time

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:33 pm

Still idiotic in my opinion.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:37 pm

JJJ wrote:High wage, youngsters' potential: Clemens, Meyer and so. They have also Farfan, Draxler, Barnetta who could play that position.

Barnetta over Bastos! what are S04 smoking?

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Borusse » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:23 pm

Bastos is bad, Schalke did very well to get rid of him. Clemens, Barnetta, Farfan, Draxler and Goretzka if necessary - they have all they need before the season, they dont need Bastos who was very unimpressive for Schalke.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:45 am

Draxler said he had offers from Real Madrid and Manchester City but he decided to remain at Schalke. He also said that they would have to brainwash him in order to join Dortmund :lol:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... rs?ICID=OP
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:23 pm

I respect that very much. :wink:
Borusse

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Bazi » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:35 pm

Borusse wrote:I respect that very much. :wink:

Didn't help Götze much that he refused to go to Arsenal in 2011 when he was 19 years old (the same age Draxler is now). Dortmund fans still hate him for going to Bayern.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Borusse » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:47 pm

You don't seem to get Dortmund - Schalke and Dortmund - Bayern rivalry. Arsenal is nothing else than just "another club from different league" to us. :wink:
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Bazi » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:29 am

Borusse wrote:You don't seem to get Dortmund - Schalke and Dortmund - Bayern rivalry. Arsenal is nothing else than just "another club from different league" to us. :wink:

Well you didn't specify which part you respected so suit yourself. Especially since Draxler can very well end up at Bayern by the time he's 21. That would be your respect going down the drain right?

Yawn.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:40 am

Bazi wrote:
Borusse wrote:You don't seem to get Dortmund - Schalke and Dortmund - Bayern rivalry. Arsenal is nothing else than just "another club from different league" to us. :wink:

Well you didn't specify which part you respected so suit yourself. Especially since Draxler can very well end up at Bayern by the time he's 21. That would be your respect going down the drain right?

Yawn.

That statement would have surprised me 3 years ago but now i just nodded with approval. Especially of Pep is still around and says something like "only him or no one else":pep: :mrgreen:

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany