You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

RasenBallsport Leipzig

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: RasenBallsport Leipzig

Postby aterford » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:23 pm

Great pickup for them, and can't say I blame Nagelsmann for that move. Makes perfect sense, TBH.
Rangnick and Nagelsmann are close, no?

Should conceivably have more money to spend, same level of facilities/technology (if not better!), probably an easier path to UCL going forward, and I'd assume a pay raise...
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:32 pm

Don't know whether they are close, but Nagelsmann was already in Hoffenheim while Rangnick was still there, so they know each other.

Pretty sure Tuchel told him a couple of things about Dortmund; he was the one who got Nagelsmann into coaching in Augsburg.

Can't see tweet? Click here!
It's offical.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:58 pm

At least he will be staying in Germany

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:29 pm

I wonder for how long this has been in the works. I wouldn't be surprised if this has been planned for months; would explain a lot concerning the Hasenhüttl situation; why they wanted to keep him for another year but not extend his contract. Maybe he got wind of it and then decided to pull the plug himself.

Amazing that nobody in the German media figured something out, there were all kinds of rumours but nothing but the vaguest things about Nagelsmann, although there are now reports that the talks have been going on for weeks.

Curious what will happen now; that tweet of the local reporter strongly suggests they're trying to get him early. Why else wouldn't they just announce Rangnick as the coach for next year? Maybe they're trying to sell Hasenhüttl to Hoffe to get Nagelsmann for the coming season. He still has a contract with Leipzig until the end of September. Media seem to be in agreement that the situation with a coach who is destined to leave for a direct competitor at the end of the season is very difficult, if not untenable for TSG.

Who knows, maybe even Hasenhüttl's freeze period until September 30th was part of the plan.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:36 pm

Makes me wonder if - like Tuchel - we took too long and he already had something lined up with RBL.

As far as Hoffenheim...it's weird to me. I can't see any reason to go public with these announcements unless there's something more to it we don't know yet. Can't think of too many occasions where a (young) coach announces his departure AND pending new appointment while he's still got a season left at his club...
It'd be one thing if it were a more senior coach announcing he'd retire at the end of the year. But what's happening here is just odd to me.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:41 pm

It's definitely very strange. As you say, a coach retiring at the end of the season or even a coach leaving for another league, like Guardiola, is one thing. But a coach leaving for a direct competitor is another matter altogether.

Nagelsmann said he didn't want Hoffenheim's season to be burdened by ongoing speculations about his future. But I'm not at all convinced that this situation now isn't even worse.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:18 pm

Maybe they are trying to force Hoffenheims hand into releasing him early?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:43 am

I'm sure they'll try to get him early (and I'm pretty sure he wants out early, too).

But it was Hoffenheim who made it public first. Nagelsmann and Leipzig only went public after that.

Interesting... in Austria there are Salzburg fans who reported the deal is all but done over three weeks ago.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:23 am

Transfer fee 12m according to LVZ.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:23 pm

Looks like some fans are getting sarcastic :D

Training to start on Monday, and still no decision who will be the coach.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:40 pm

After Germany’s World Cup debacle I have developed an even deeper dislike for this Plastic Club.

RB Leipzig is composed mainly of foreigners and them doing good or qualifying for Europe will in no way shape or form help the National Mannschaft.

The massive influx of non-Germans into the BL starting elevens is very Premier League esque and could really harm the National teams performances if German players don’t get regular games in the BL.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:15 pm

America USA wrote:RB Leipzig is composed mainly of foreigners and them doing good or qualifying for Europe will in no way shape or form help the National Mannschaft.

... and yet, Kimmich came through their ranks, which is more than the Bayern youth teams have been able to produce for a long while.
America USA wrote:The massive influx of non-Germans into the BL starting elevens is very Premier League esque and could really harm the National teams performances if German players don’t get regular games in the BL.

Or help, because they're tested against and train with higher-quality peers, so that can only improve the top German players. As for the rest, they'd suffer by sitting on the bench, but if they were really good they'd have gotten regular playing time.

This is my theory at least, the influx of foreigners would help the top tier locals but the rest may or may not suffer.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:55 pm

Pretty sure they'd like to sign more German players if they were affordable and willing to come. But players being abused by so-called "traditionsfans" like Werner was for 1 1/2 years as if he had been the first player to dive doesn't help encouraging some of them. Amiri declined, Henrichs declined, Plattenhardt declined, Süle preferred Bayern, Gnabry preferred Bayern, Arp prefers Bayern, Phillip preferred Dortmund, so did Dahoud (because apparently it's better to rot on the bench in Dortmund, also helps far more developing German talent, doesn't it), Meyer asked for insane salary twice their salary cap. Just off the top of my head for players I know were on their list.

So what are you going to do? You sign foreigners instead.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sherpthederp » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:16 pm

America USA wrote:After Germany’s World Cup debacle I have developed an even deeper dislike for this Plastic Club.

RB Leipzig is composed mainly of foreigners and them doing good or qualifying for Europe will in no way shape or form help the National Mannschaft.

The massive influx of non-Germans into the BL starting elevens is very Premier League esque and could really harm the National teams performances if German players don’t get regular games in the BL.

Non Germans in a starting 11? You mean like a team with a
Austrian LB
Spanish CM
Chilean CM
French LW
Colombian AM
Dutch RW
And Polish Striker?
sherpthederp
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby America USA » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:59 am

sherpthederp wrote:
America USA wrote:After Germany’s World Cup debacle I have developed an even deeper dislike for this Plastic Club.

Non Germans in a starting 11? You mean like a team with a
Austrian LB
Spanish CM
Chilean CM
French LW
Colombian AM
Dutch RW
And Polish Striker?

Even on a bad day Bayern can field up to four Germans in the starting eleven. That’s still more than RB and Frankfurt do!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany