You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

RasenBallsport Leipzig

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: RasenBallsport Leipzig

Postby aterford » Thu May 24, 2018 2:38 pm

Not too terribly surprising as it seems that's unofficially been the case for a few months now...
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Thu May 24, 2018 3:14 pm

The club has already denied that, saying no decision has been made.

Can't see tweet? Click here!

The most reliable rumour concerning transfers seems to be Nordi Mukiele from Montpellier, a 20 y/o defender:

According to multiple sources, among them L'Equipe, the transfer is all but done.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nordi-mukiele/profil/spieler/348026
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu May 24, 2018 3:44 pm

I don't understand this club philosophy very well...

So they are gonna keep signing young unproven talents, most of whom will eventually leave if they become good or top players as RB Leipzig will obviously fail to establish theirselves as an European powerhouse
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCB general » Thu May 24, 2018 11:27 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I don't understand this club philosophy very well...

So they are gonna keep signing young unproven talents, most of whom will eventually leave if they become good or top players as RB Leipzig will obviously fail to establish theirselves as an European powerhouse

Their philosophy looks just like Arsene Wenger's after the CL final 2006; young talents playing for the first team and becoming world class players and key of Arsenal's domination, which actually, never happened. The plan was brilliant, but the players were the one who decided to abandon the Wenger's team and idea, practically one by one every season, and leave for big money and glory.
Many of them ended their career and bright future at other clubs. Flamini, Nasri, Hleb, Song, Fabregas, Adebayor, Toure, etc.

Leipzig will never establish themselves as a top side if they start practicing the mentioned example because this is already sentenced to failure if we take a look at Dortmund, too.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby RedQueen » Fri May 25, 2018 5:22 pm

I don't think there's much of an alternative at this point. As long as the FFP restrictions are what they are - and Hasenhüttl failing to qualify for the CL doesn't help - their choices are between signing young high potential talents, more experienced players with average Bundesliga level, or older international class players who are already on the decline (and even those would probably blow up the wage structure). At least with young players there's the advantage they aren't yet set in their ways and offer the prospect of high transfer revenues when they are sold. With the other two groups you can only make losses.

Leipziger Volkszeitung still insists that Rangnick himself will take over. MZ-Web (another regional paper) think that's likely, too. There are also still rumours about Marco Rose - who has his last game of the season this weekend. There are also rumours that the club has already lined up a coach for 2019, the possible candidates being Rose and Nagelsmann.

Apparently the club wants to present a new coach by mid June.

If it's indeed going to be Rangnick, I wouldn't be surprised if he'll do everything he can to get out of the EL as soon a possible. Go to the qualifiers with a C-team, like in DFB cup 2015/16.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Fri May 25, 2018 5:56 pm

As for the Hasenhüttl departure: Reportedly there is a clause in this dismissal papers saying that he isn't free to sign for another club until October 1st. If he wants to sign earlier, his new club has to negotiate a transfer fee with RB Leipzig (and I'm assuming the new club would also have to get the approval of Leipzig). Hasenhüttl gets 600k Euros as a compensation for that clause (so effectively he remains employed at Leipzig until Sept. 30th, but is released from duty).

It's still not quite clear exactly what happened. A couple more details have come out; apparently Hasenhüttl blocked the transfer of Mukiele and another player in the winter transfer window. There are also reports that RR and OM told him they didn't like the way he had the team play this season (can't blame them for that) and that OM in particular is angry because Hasenhüttl talked to Salihamidzic in winter without informing his club.

Whether Hasenhüttl's decision not to go into his last year of contract without an extension/pay rise took caught them unprepared is still very much open to question. I think Hasenhüttl played a bit of a gamble and lost, with refusing to sign a contract extension in winter amidst all the speculation about him leaving for Dortmund or Bayern in summer, and then making public statements in spring that he's now made up his mind and is waiting for the club to offer him a new contract. I can imagine this not going down well especially with Mintzlaff, because it makes the whole thing look like Hasenhüttl is the one in charge and the club is only reacting.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Mon May 28, 2018 5:18 pm

Marco Rose has extended his contract with Salzburg until 2020.

Rangnick returning to the sideline is looking more and more likey.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Wed May 30, 2018 5:27 pm

Good signing, considering they don't even have a coach. 16m, beat Atletico, Monaco and AS Roma to the deal, according to Bild.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu May 31, 2018 4:03 pm

RedQueen wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!
Good signing, considering they don't even have a coach. 16m, beat Atletico, Monaco and AS Roma to the deal, according to Bild.

Wow, not a teen signing. He's 20! :lol: 8)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:17 pm

Zsolt Löw is leaving RB Leipzig for PSG to become Tuchel's assistant. News from Hungary are that he feels burnt out after having had to do the bulk of the work in Hasenhüttl's trainer team (I said it before, I'm wondering what Hasenhüttl was even doing there - except implementing a half-baked "possession football" system that had the entire team confused, with the result that neither the old nor the new system worked).

Rumours have become louder that Jesse Marsch will be brought in from NYRB. Bild has been speculating for weeks. As the MLS has a break starting June 14th, this would explain why Leipzig said they wouldn't announce a new coach until then. Bild is speculating it will be a dual leadership with Marsch and Rangnick at the helm. As Mintzlaff said it's not yet decided whether Rangnick will be part of the new trainer team, this speculation makes sense. And if Löw was offered the head coach position there, Marsch to Leipzig looks even more likely.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:58 pm

RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:09 pm

According to Kicker and Bild, he'll join RB Leipzig on a four year contract in summer 2019.

I suppose he didn't want to join a club where he has to argue for ages with the hierarchy whether they need to hire a team psychologist or a nutritionist or buy modern technology, or that values the head scout higher than the coach if push comes to shove.

Congratulations to Rangnick for that coup.

No news as yet who will coach the team in season 2018/19.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:11 pm

The club has just confirmed the news to Mitteldeutsche Zeitung.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:14 pm

congrats to RB Leipzig... huge move for them
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby RedQueen » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:17 pm

The local reporter says he'll join 2019, "maybe earlier" ?!?!
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany