You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German football thread

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.
 

Re: General German football thread

Postby Fénix » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:26 am

Borusse wrote:Ah yes, Richard from Friends.

Haha, Richard from Friends... awesome! :lol: This deserves one big thanks for making my night awesome and me laughing! :cheers:

The famous mustache from Hawaii, Thomas Sullivan Magnum. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Fénix
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 12339
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Croatia
Has thanked: 5491 times
Been thanked: 5154 times
Gender: Male

Re: General German football thread

Postby #12 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:19 am

Fénix wrote:
Borusse wrote:Ah yes, Richard from Friends.

Haha, Richard from Friends... awesome! :lol: This deserves one big thanks for making my night awesome and me laughing! :cheers:

The famous mustache from Hawaii, Thomas Sullivan Magnum. :mrgreen:


Could that guy BE any happier?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27220
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1365 times
Been thanked: 6082 times
Gender: Male

Re: General German football thread

Postby America USA » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:19 pm

Lukas wrote:German football is a disgrace. For such a large powerful country where football is the number 1 sport by some distance, national and club football is embarrassing.

I think obsession with possession is the core reason for German football’s demise. While trying to emulate the Spanish game of technical soundness to retain the ball, the German academies forget their own unique play style and lost their own identities. The fact that Germany are struggling to produce top quality defensive midfielders is testament to this identity crisis. The lesson that needs to be learned here and in all other aspects of life is that what works for others might not necessarily be the best fit for you.

It’ll take a radical and tectonic shift in play style to stop this decay.
User avatar
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3734
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 653 times
Been thanked: 1162 times

Re: General German football thread

Postby FCB12Forever » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:57 am

America USA wrote:
Lukas wrote:German football is a disgrace. For such a large powerful country where football is the number 1 sport by some distance, national and club football is embarrassing.

I think obsession with possession is the core reason for German football’s demise. While trying to emulate the Spanish game of technical soundness to retain the ball, the German academies forget their own unique play style and lost their own identities. The fact that Germany are struggling to produce top quality defensive midfielders is testament to this identity crisis. The lesson that needs to be learned here and in all other aspects of life is that what works for others might not necessarily be the best fit for you.

It’ll take a radical and tectonic shift in play style to stop this decay.


I think the lack of physicality is also one of the reasons why they are here. Inappropriate youth training program has produced players that is smart enough to know what's going on pitch but can't run, duel and jump. If you look at the FIFA 19 data in futhead for the national teams of France, Germany and Spain, you will see most German players had physical rating of 60's. It is similiar to the weaker ones of Spanish players, e.g. Iagos Aspas at 59, and is not even comparable to French (most at 90's, and Mbappe at a staggering 97 iirc). Spain was finished by the Russians days later, Dzyuba bullied them pretty badly.

The fact that Germany are struggling to produce top quality defensive midfielders is testament to this identity crisis.


I really like this one. Especially "Identity crisis".
User avatar
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 4:26 am
Has thanked: 136 times
Been thanked: 143 times
Gender: Male

Re: General German football thread

Postby America USA » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:04 am

Yes the lack of physicality too seems to be directly proportional to this obsession with possession. Academies are under the illusion that ball retention dilutes the need for engaging in physical duels.

Yes Spain too were exposed for their outdated tactics first by Russia and then by England and Croatia. Germans believed that if they followed the technical blueprint of Spain that ensured them success in three successive tournaments would also have a similar effect on Germany’s footballing future. Sadly all this copycat behavior has resulted in German football losing its own identity and trying to be someone they’re not.

Also, I believe that the plagiarist Löw was the one behind influencing the DFB and German academies to follow the possession based approach.

Only way this rot can be reversed is if the tactics of most German teams and the NT change and more emphasis is placed on verticality, quick forward passes to release pacy players, physical toughness and defending set pieces.

Also, it is shameful that for one of the tallest teams, Bayern and Deutschland are so poor at scoring from set pieces.
User avatar
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3734
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 653 times
Been thanked: 1162 times

Re: General German football thread

Postby longeleven » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:48 am

America USA wrote:Yes the lack of physicality too seems to be directly proportional to this obsession with possession. Academies are under the illusion that ball retention dilutes the need for engaging in physical duels.

Yes Spain too were exposed for their outdated tactics first by Russia and then by England and Croatia. Germans believed that if they followed the technical blueprint of Spain that ensured them success in three successive tournaments would also have a similar effect on Germany’s footballing future. Sadly all this copycat behavior has resulted in German football losing its own identity and trying to be someone they’re not.

Also, I believe that the plagiarist Löw was the one behind influencing the DFB and German academies to follow the possession based approach.

Only way this rot can be reversed is if the tactics of most German teams and the NT change and more emphasis is placed on verticality, quick forward passes to release pacy players, physical toughness and defending set pieces.

Also, it is shameful that for one of the tallest teams, Bayern and Deutschland are so poor at scoring from set pieces.


Last night, both Hummels (a well-know German CB) and Javi Martinez (strong Spain DMF) were beaten by Van Dijk (a fast, strong CB play in EPL) in an aerial duel which lead to a goal . That said for all your points =D>
User avatar
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:34 am
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 179 times
Gender: Male

Re: General German football thread

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:40 pm

The most Exp German players by positionImage
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 52129
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 33941 times
Been thanked: 7394 times
Gender: Male

Re: General German football thread

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:10 pm

@cfbayern: “The Bundesliga needs stars, because people go in the stadium for players like Robben or Ribery, we need more of them again.”
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
User avatar
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11128
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 5613 times
Been thanked: 5962 times
Gender: Male

Re: General German football thread

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:11 pm

Does Draxler count ?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 52129
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 33941 times
Been thanked: 7394 times
Gender: Male

Re: General German football thread

Postby Jorge » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:53 am

German club sacks captain for far-right sympathies [source]

It seems that they do not learn, this after the club directives paid tribute a neo-nazi fan leader that had passed away last season and some had to resign from their posts, the sad story is that the Chemnitz residents lived under the DDR dictatorship for decades, now they embrace another form of extremism. Some, do not learn democratic values but we live an era of extremes, all over the world.
User avatar
Jorge
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2579
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Nashville, USA
National Flag:
Åland Islands
Has thanked: 169 times
Been thanked: 1499 times
Gender: Male

Re: General German football thread

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:51 am

Are Che and lenin outlines accepted for this team?
Probably yes...

Two weights two measures
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 52129
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 33941 times
Been thanked: 7394 times
Gender: Male

Re: General German football thread

Postby Jorge » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:50 pm

Absolutely, I personally get insulted by Bayern's Südkurve displaying Che Guevara banners. This guy was a murderer, a terrorist, who created concentration camps for homosexuals, or anyone who did not fit the profile of the "New Man" that he envisioned. He actually would have thrown in those concentration camps these same fans for being who they are.
But Che Guevara is adored by a bunch of idiots around the world.
As I said in the post, the world is becoming a dangerous place with the rise of extremism, left and right and each day it is more difficult to be in the middle of any issue.
User avatar
Jorge
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2579
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Nashville, USA
National Flag:
Åland Islands
Has thanked: 169 times
Been thanked: 1499 times
Gender: Male

Re: General German football thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:18 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 19218
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: United States of America
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 6008 times
Been thanked: 4706 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: General German football thread

Postby Hardrade » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:27 pm

Jorge wrote:Absolutely, I personally get insulted by Bayern's Südkurve displaying Che Guevara banners. This guy was a murderer, a terrorist, who created concentration camps for homosexuals, or anyone who did not fit the profile of the "New Man" that he envisioned. He actually would have thrown in those concentration camps these same fans for being who they are.
But Che Guevara is adored by a bunch of idiots around the world.
As I said in the post, the world is becoming a dangerous place with the rise of extremism, left and right and each day it is more difficult to be in the middle of any issue.


Precisely. The falsehood of the cult of personality around him was one of my rhetoric class “speeches” at uni. Really disappointing to see how easily people flock around symbols they don’t even bother to understand
Image
User avatar
Hardrade
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:27 pm
Location: Belgrade
National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro
Has thanked: 284 times
Been thanked: 908 times
Gender: Male

Re: General German football thread

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:57 pm

Firefox1234 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!


MUTU must be happy with Union Berlin.
User avatar
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6658
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:46 pm
Location: Malta
Has thanked: 2182 times
Been thanked: 1720 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest