You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German football thread

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: General German football thread

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:17 am

FCB12Forever wrote:
Bayernbazi wrote:If I'm translating correctly - the professional clubs voted to retain the 50+1 rule and VAR.
Deep down I'm in favour of 50+1 and the fan culture in Germany but as things are going elsewhere I hope that these clubs have a clear road map on how to strike a balance and yet not keep falling back from the English clubs' free flow of money.

https://sport.sky.de/fussball/artikel/dfl-50-1-regel-bleibt-bestehen/11300175/34252?wkz=WXMNL1whatsapp

I just wonder how many "for" votes and how many "against" votes. I remember last time it was 17 "for", 1 "against", which was Hannover 96.
More than 18 clubs were involved in the vote last time but it was an overwhelming majority nonetheless. I also tried to look up the vote results now but couldn't find them. It would be interesting to see because support for 50+1 has definitely dropped since (eg Rummenigge came out against it).
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby theundead » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:33 am

MUTU wrote:
FCB12Forever wrote:
Bayernbazi wrote:If I'm translating correctly - the professional clubs voted to retain the 50+1 rule and VAR.
Deep down I'm in favour of 50+1 and the fan culture in Germany but as things are going elsewhere I hope that these clubs have a clear road map on how to strike a balance and yet not keep falling back from the English clubs' free flow of money.

https://sport.sky.de/fussball/artikel/dfl-50-1-regel-bleibt-bestehen/11300175/34252?wkz=WXMNL1whatsapp

I just wonder how many "for" votes and how many "against" votes. I remember last time it was 17 "for", 1 "against", which was Hannover 96.
More than 18 clubs were involved in the vote last time but it was an overwhelming majority nonetheless. I also tried to look up the vote results now but couldn't find them. It would be interesting to see because support for 50+1 has definitely dropped since (eg Rummenigge came out against it).

I read somewhere that out of 34 clubs, 18 voted for 50%+1, 4 against. The rest didnt vote. I will try to find the source

EDIT:
The
kicker source [source]
says this:
Geschäftsführer Andreas Rettig: "Es gab kontroverse Diskussionen. Wir haben aber einen guten Kompromiss gefunden. Das Signal ist wichtig." Der Hamburger Zweitligist hatte einen entsprechenden Antrag gestellt, für den 18 der anwesenden 34 Vereinsvertreter stimmten. Ein Trio beteiligte sich nicht an der Abstimmung, vier Vereine waren dagegen, neun Klubs enthielten sich.

anybody willing to translate?
From what I understood from Google translate, 18 clubs voted in favor of St Pauli's motion to keep the rule, while 4 voted against it. The rest abstained.
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby tflags » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:12 am

theundead wrote:18 clubs voted in favor of St Pauli's motion to keep the rule, while 4 voted against it. The rest abstained.

Clubs that voted against it were FC Bayern München, RB Leipzig, 1. FC Heidenheim and SpVgg Greuther Fürth.

Nine other clubs have abstained, including apparently Hannover 96 and Hertha BSC.

Source is Spox.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby RedQueen » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:58 am

I'm not quite sure what the purpose of that vote even was, because they're saying this was just the beginning of their discussions about 50+1, and they'll have examined whether or not the rule is line with German and European law and make modifications if necessary. Looks to me that this is mostly to calm the 50+1 fan campaigns down.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:36 pm

tflags wrote:
theundead wrote:18 clubs voted in favor of St Pauli's motion to keep the rule, while 4 voted against it. The rest abstained.

Clubs that voted against it were FC Bayern München, RB Leipzig, 1. FC Heidenheim and SpVgg Greuther Fürth.

Nine other clubs have abstained, including apparently Hannover 96 and Hertha BSC.

Source is Spox.
Strange from H96
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB12Forever » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:14 am

Very interesting. Either Herr Kind has faltered, or he's planning something big.
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby FCB12Forever » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:21 am

RedQueen wrote:they'll have examined whether or not the rule is line with German and European law and make modifications if necessary.

They will examine? Wasn't it everyone knows the regel is on shaky legal grounds and will certainly fall if any legal actions were taken? (quoted form BundesligaFanatic)
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby RedQueen » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:36 pm

That's still the general consensus. Even Rettig, who brought the motion forward, says they have get greater legal certainty. The vote is in favour of “a process for improving legal certainty and further considerations concerning changes in conditions while retaining the 50+1 rule”.

They know they can't keep the rule as it is; there will be modifications, which is why Kind is waiting. That's why I said the main reason for the vote is likely to calm the fan campaigns down.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:26 am

First time I thought today that the BL needs to get it’s act together.

I want Bayern to win 10 in a row and create an eternal legacy in German (European) football but I really hope someone starts challenging us again in the BL. Initially Bayern might not do well in the CL if we have a brutal title race going on in the BL (as it is we haven’t won it in 5 years) but overtime it will help the team in European football.

Hopefully Schalke, Dortmund, Leipzig and Leverkusen can stop dropping unnecessary points next season and give Bayern a serious threat in the BL next season.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby FCB12Forever » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:11 am

America USA wrote:First time I thought today that the BL needs to get it’s act together.

I want Bayern to win 10 in a row and create an eternal legacy in German (European) football but I really hope someone starts challenging us again in the BL. Initially Bayern might not do well in the CL if we have a brutal title race going on in the BL (as it is we haven’t won it in 5 years) but overtime it will help the team in European football.

Hopefully Schalke, Dortmund, Leipzig and Leverkusen can stop dropping unnecessary points next season and give Bayern a serious threat in the BL next season.

The longest champion streak in mainstream European leagues was Lyon, 7 in a row. Followed by Bayern, 6. I agree with you, it totally makes no sense to continue the streak infinitely.

However, BL teams has regressed to the mindset of "why bother? We won't have a chance against Bayern no matter what we do. Let's relax and wait for Bayern to trip over something and we can steal the plate."

I cannot think of anything we could do about it.
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby America USA » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:51 am

The way I see it, Bayern’s defeat today is not only a dark day in this great club’s history but is also a slap on the face of German football.

Major changes need to take place at Bayern this summer. The club has to be ruthless and look to start a long overdue and much needed rebuilding process.

However, the DFB/DFL also need to get their act together and take the necessary steps to make the league stronger than it currently is. Also, it would be nice if the powers that be in Germany start caring for their teams involved in European competitions.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby America USA » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:02 pm

I think Germany should schedule more big games for the 20:45 Kickoff times on Saturday/Sunday. Real and Barca play at that time slot regularly in Spain and are therefore used to playing big games at that time of the evening under artificial lights.

Maybe this could help German teams in European competition.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:35 pm

America USA wrote:I think Germany should schedule more big games for the 20:45 Kickoff times on Saturday/Sunday. Real and Barca play at that time slot regularly in Spain and are therefore used to playing big games at that time of the evening under artificial lights.

Friday yes. Saturday/Sunday no. You know what will happen if they do... before a CL match they'd schedule our match for Saturday 20:45 giving us less time to rest.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:54 pm

MUTU wrote:
America USA wrote:I think Germany should schedule more big games for the 20:45 Kickoff times on Saturday/Sunday. Real and Barca play at that time slot regularly in Spain and are therefore used to playing big games at that time of the evening under artificial lights.

Friday yes. Saturday/Sunday no. You know what will happen if they do... before a CL match they'd schedule our match for Saturday 20:45 giving us less time to rest.

That’s a totally different matter. DFB not taking care of it’s Big teams before European nights is a very different problem.

Bayern’s games should be shifted to a Friday before Tuesday CL games and no teams involve in the EL should ever be made to play on Monday.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:00 pm

Friday games are 8:30 by default...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext