You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German football thread

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: General German football thread

Postby aterford » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:27 pm

A bit behind, but re: the 50+1 discussion, about a month or two ago I looked into it and I found that only BvB and 1-2 other clubs were the only ones that were really vocally in support of keeping 50+1.... about 15 clubs or so have either said they'd support getting rid of 50+1, that they're indifferent to it, or that while they might not support the change 100% they'd get behind it and expect it will be gone sooner than later
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:10 pm

aterford wrote:A bit behind, but re: the 50+1 discussion, about a month or two ago I looked into it and I found that only BvB and 1-2 other clubs were the only ones that were really vocally in support of keeping 50+1.... about 15 clubs or so have either said they'd support getting rid of 50+1, that they're indifferent to it, or that while they might not support the change 100% they'd get behind it and expect it will be gone sooner than later

Sadly, the day will come -as you said- inevitably soon. I believe the reason why many in Germany are moving away from the concept is that 49% ownership has not prevented some with deep pockets from pumping money into some clubs and that alone moved those clubs ahead of traditionally fan supported clubs with an actual history behind.

I asked myself, after over 40 years following Bayern, if an oil sultan comes tomorrow and buys Bayern to turn it into the next Manchester City or PSG, should I still support the club?
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:13 pm

Jorge wrote:
aterford wrote:A bit behind, but re: the 50+1 discussion, about a month or two ago I looked into it and I found that only BvB and 1-2 other clubs were the only ones that were really vocally in support of keeping 50+1.... about 15 clubs or so have either said they'd support getting rid of 50+1, that they're indifferent to it, or that while they might not support the change 100% they'd get behind it and expect it will be gone sooner than later

Sadly, the day will come -as you said- inevitably soon. I believe the reason why many in Germany are moving away from the concept is that 49% ownership has not prevented some with deep pockets from pumping money into some clubs and that alone moved those clubs ahead of traditionally fan supported clubs with an actual history behind.

I asked myself, after over 40 years following Bayern, if an oil sultan comes tomorrow and buys Bayern to turn it into the next Manchester City or PSG, should I still support the club?
If that happens I will stop following the club instantly

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:48 pm

There's no reason for doomsday scenarios. 50+1, as it is, will be gone sooner rather than later, as @aterford said, because almost everyone realizes an illegal rule can't be upheld forever.

I'm no lawyer but there are proposals how to reform the rule so it's in accordance with German and European law.

And even without any such rule, it's still the decision of a club whether to sell shares, what pecentage, and to whom. It's a typical German thing assuming there has to be an all-knowing super-authority that prevents stupid clubs from running into disaster. Somehow 50+1 hasn't kept the likes of Kaiserslautern from running into disaster.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:02 pm

"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:57 pm

IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCB general » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:29 pm

50+1 rule already belongs to the history. This rule was good till 2008, but after that modern football caner even more has metastasized and we see what kind of damage has made to football overall. Bosman and EUSSR had completely destroyed football in 1995 and that was a sign that whoever doesn't have money and power or who hasn't provided itself in the past, before 1995, as a one of the 3-4(even less in case of Germany) clubs of its country, he can forget about serious place in this mess called money factory, modeling, etc.
It's just a matter of time when they will remove that rule if they don't want to compete with examples such as Italy, France, Portugal, Netherlands and Belgium far from the English and Spanish elite.

Bayern is a world for itself, the rest won't play any serious role in both CL and EL football. Ups, they already don't play any role. :) Recent conference in Frankfurt which I posted on one of the topics here spoke about Bundesliga's future, current problems and potential downgrade if these results and departures continue in the future where Bundesliga could only serve to England, 2 Spanish clubs, PSG, Juventus as some sort of farmville where players are being raised and grown just to easily take them away and leave one big nothing behind.

At least Germany national team doesn't suffer from this, on the contrary... Clubs turned to youth development instead of foreign investments that is really a good thing, but as I mentioned... you can't keep them within the Bundesliga due to money factory from European elite clubs. It's good for Die Mannschaft, but terrible for the league.
Last edited by FCB general on Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:30 pm

I just saw a choreo in a Bundesliga match a few seconds ago which just said "50+1".
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:36 pm

MUTU wrote:I just saw a choreo in a Bundesliga match a few seconds ago which just said "50+1".

Here it is... seems Mainz fans want 50+1 to remain.

Can't see tweet? Click here!
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:57 pm

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:13 pm

MUTU wrote:My answer...

I agree with Mainz ... and those before them...
Football is the Volks game.... and not just for the Rich, Capitalists...

F### modern football....

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:16 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

F### modern football....

... and yet you support the club in Germany with the longest history of modernization in football.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:47 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

F### modern football....

... and yet you support the club in Germany with the longest history of modernization in football.
I know... that is why I have another team to support in case I get board by

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:06 pm

Let me ask you a simple question: do you agree with the general idea of professional clubs where players and staff are paid a salary that's good enough for them to not need to have another job? In the early 20th century, the DFB prohibited German clubs from playing friendlies against professional foreign clubs, with then-FC Bayern president Kurt Landauer coming out very strongly against this.

It's really simple to me: the more money in the game, the better the quality of the game. Always has been, and will remain this way forever. More money => more incentive to play the sport => more competition => better quality. Those who don't want to see 'modern football', should just go down to their closest 5-aside pitch and watch complete amateurs playing a kick-about.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:23 pm

I just don't want to see exaggeration; exuberant transfer fees and wages...
Football got ruined by the TV magnets, Arab Russian American tycoons who their only love is money and not football or the fans!
And what about the betting Companies?

P.S FCB fans always display a certain banner that reads; gegen den modernen fussball... how about that?

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany