You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Mönchengladbach

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Mönchengladbach

Postby Fénix » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:14 pm

Jos Luhukay - this one could be a new coach if there won't be some stronger name on list.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby RedQueen » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:18 pm

kst wrote:i knw whats in the press and usually that is what the clubs let out to the public so the fans wont judge them. even if they didnt want him to go, maybe they shouldve fought harder for his stay

I think it's quite clear that this is what actually happened. He went public without talking to the club about it. Hence they reacted only hours later. That's not how resignations or dismissals are usually handled, and it's a wretched thing to do imo.

According to the Kicker he wanted to resign in the summer break already, but they convinced him to stay. So now he simply runs at the first sign of a crisis, in the middle of a period with a game every three days. If a club sacks a manager they have to pay him a huge amount of money. And conversely the manager can just walk away when it suits him, at a time when the club needs him most? They should consider suing him in my opinion. Maybe then he'll recall what a contract is.
Last edited by RedQueen on Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby kst » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:27 pm

probably, anyway we, the public, dont know everything happening backstage. i regarded Favre quite high tbh and believe he managed to perform very well over these years
kst
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:12 pm

kst wrote:probably, anyway we, the public, dont know everything happening backstage. i regarded Favre quite high tbh and believe he managed to perform very well over these years

He's a solid manager, no doubt, but not a top tier one. Not the right man to succeed Pep definitively.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pyrasur » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:26 pm

而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby kst » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:23 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
kst wrote:probably, anyway we, the public, dont know everything happening backstage. i regarded Favre quite high tbh and believe he managed to perform very well over these years

He's a solid manager, no doubt, but not a top tier one. Not the right man to succeed Pep definitively.

i didnt see him at bayern either. nevertheless impressive what hes done at BMG
kst
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Romania

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:12 pm

Gladbach winning and (according to the statistics) doing better than Augsburg. New coach effect?
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:27 pm

4-0 at the 22' O.o Major form improvement.
PunkCapitalist

Postby #12 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:42 pm

They pulled a Lewandowski... Well... Almost... ;)
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:54 pm

RedQueen wrote:
kst wrote:i knw whats in the press and usually that is what the clubs let out to the public so the fans wont judge them. even if they didnt want him to go, maybe they shouldve fought harder for his stay

I think it's quite clear that this is what actually happened. He went public without talking to the club about it. Hence they reacted only hours later. That's not how resignations or dismissals are usually handled, and it's a wretched thing to do imo.

According to the Kicker he wanted to resign in the summer break already, but they convinced him to stay. So now he simply runs at the first sign of a crisis, in the middle of a period with a game every three days. If a club sacks a manager they have to pay him a huge amount of money. And conversely the manager can just walk away when it suits him, at a time when the club needs him most? They should consider suing him in my opinion. Maybe then he'll recall what a contract is.

Exactly this! If he bailed on his contract he should pay the club back the amount of money for the length of the contract like the club has to do when they fire the manager. In this case it clearly wasn't by mutual consent.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:19 pm

Valid argument... I DO think something bad MUST have happened there - because Favre is no one to simply run... And in that manner... Probably the transfer mechanics?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ottackon » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:49 pm

ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby #12 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:47 am

Not a decent move IMHO... Wanting another teams coach in the middle of the season? I think that's unprecedented... What a disgrace...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:19 am

When you get left without a coach in the middle of the season, it no longer becomes your job to worry about the welfare of another club. As a side that want to contend for CL spots against the likes of Wolfsburg and Schalke, Gladbach do not have the resources Bayern have to survive falling far either in the Bundesliga or out of Europe.

Either way, Weinzierl turned down the Schalke project in the summer, I doubt he'll leave Augsburg now.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:15 am

#12 wrote:Not a decent move IMHO... Wanting another teams coach in the middle of the season? I think that's unprecedented... What a disgrace...

I think it happened already... even in Germany... and England... it is very controversial but... I think there will be some type of compensation + it happens quite often on FM :lol:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany