You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby MUTU » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:10 am

MUTU
Site Admin & Euro 2016, 2017/18, World Cup 2018 and Euro 2020 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & Euro 2016, 2017/18, World Cup 2018 and Euro 2020 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:17 pm

We dodget a bullet with Julian Brandt :D

I was also wondering if Marco Rose is being criticized at all? Because I think Dortmund are playing well below their full potential
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby aterford » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:02 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:We dodget a bullet with Julian Brandt :D

I was also wondering if Marco Rose is being criticized at all? Because I think Dortmund are playing well below their full potential

He is a weird player for me. I think you could make the case that he has been their best player over the past couple of weeks but does a lot of frustrating things too. I remember talking with some BVB fans a year or two ago. They were saying how Brandt was such a great deal, a total steal at 25m and that Bayern were dumb for passing up the chance to sign him (or that it was some sort of big "win" that they signed him when we were said to have been interested) And I basically said something to the effect of "That's a good transfer for you guys but I don't think we've been really having any serious interest in Brandt for quite some time now...I don't think it would have been a particularly good deal for us at the same price" and they were PISSED. But I stand by that. He's a decent player and it was a good signing for them but it would've been a waste for us to have spent that money on him.

As far as Rose I really don't know. I remember vaguely seeing some Bild article a bit ago saying if they were out of the UCL and had a big gap between them and Bayern that he would be on the hot seat but I haven't really heard much more since then (Though haven't really been paying attention either tbh). I don't understand why he wouldn't be under some pressure though. I think I would definitely agree that they aren't playing up to their potential and frankly we're halfway through the season and they've still got no clear identity or philosophy for play beyond hoping for Haaland to make something happen. I don't think they're any better now than they were with Terzic to be honest.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:16 pm

Well, in all fairness, they were struck by injuries A LOT… And they player the second best Hinrunde in their history I think…

And I think Rose was appointed too soon… They should‘ve kept Terzic…
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:21 pm

But we didnt have corona or injuries? Please..
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:33 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:But we didnt have corona or injuries? Please..
Fewer…

And I‘m not saying they‘re doing grwat, but dude, they missed HAALAND… Take Lewandowski out fir 6 weeks and I‘m sure you agree we‘d be worse off?
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:57 pm

We did miss him a couple of games last year, but did well except getting eliminated on goals vs PSG. But we have way more different players that can score the goals for us compared to BVB. And our corona stuff is taking much longer compared to them if you take Sules time, Gnabry and especially Choupo and Kimmich.
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:01 pm

Sure they‘re all vaxxed

They have not been doing great of course, bur I think we still got fewer points without Lewa than with?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:03 pm

No idea, have to ask our stat guru Mutu :P
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:58 am

#12 wrote:Sure they‘re all vaxxed

They have not been doing great of course, bur I think we still got fewer points without Lewa than with?

We would have not been eliminated in a group with Sporting Lisbon, Ajax and Besiktas even with half of the squad injured.

In fact they lost 4-0 vs Ajax with Haaland on the pitch.

Being 2nd in the league is pretty much what you expect from them. But that embarrassment in the Champions League will be costly for BVB
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby aterford » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:55 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
#12 wrote:Sure they‘re all vaxxed

We would have not been eliminated in a group with Sporting Lisbon, Ajax and Besiktas even with half of the squad injured.

In fact they lost 4-0 vs Ajax with Haaland on the pitch.

Being 2nd in the league is pretty much what you expect from them. But that embarrassment in the Champions League will be costly for BVB

This. Watzke came out recently and said something like "What do you expect when Bayern has a wage bill that's 80m more than us?". But....Bayern's wage bill didn't have anything to do with BVB's embarrassing UCL run this year
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:17 pm

And I'm sure their wage bill tops Ajax whilst playing in a league which makes it easier to attract players than Ajax do.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to Football in Germany