You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby DRvad14 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:16 am

DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby DRvad14 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:16 am

DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Ottomeister87 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:44 pm

News outlets are reporting that BVB has accepted Manu's bid for 85 million.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:48 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:News outlets are reporting that BVB has accepted Manu's bid for 85 million.
>.> How did they bulge from 120 to 85 in a single season? They should wait another season, he is currently on the lower range of possible valuations for a player like him.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:24 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:37 pm

Who????
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:14 pm

A young Argentinian defender they signed a few years ago
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:58 pm

They are getting rid of a couple of squad fillers/youngsters atm lol..
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tuscanybayern » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:28 pm

you have to look at the bigger picture. ok they are selling Sancho and next year probably Haaland, but their roster is getting slightly better every year in terms of quality and depth.

don't forget that Tuchel had Aubameyang, Dembelé, Pulisic and that was it...they used to play with Sokratis and Rode and past-prime Kagawa and Sahin...

Even without Sancho they have Haaland, Moukoko, Brandt, Reyna, Bellingham, Guerreiro and Akanji, which is a good core to build a team on.

hopefully for them they are getting a stable and good coaching leadership in the Rose - Terzic duo.

Kobel is a young and promising GK, has BL experience, much taller than Burki which had become a liability for them. Not a world class GK but again, for sure an improvement over Burki.
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:47 pm

tuscanybayern wrote:you have to look at the bigger picture. ok they are selling Sancho and next year probably Haaland, but their roster is getting slightly better every year in terms of quality and depth.

don't forget that Tuchel had Aubameyang, Dembelé, Pulisic and that was it...they used to play with Sokratis and Rode and past-prime Kagawa and Sahin...

Even without Sancho they have Haaland, Moukoko, Brandt, Reyna, Bellingham, Guerreiro and Akanji, which is a good core to build a team on.

hopefully for them they are getting a stable and good coaching leadership in the Rose - Terzic duo.

Kobel is a young and promising GK, has BL experience, much taller than Burki which had become a liability for them. Not a world class GK but again, for sure an improvement over Burki.

Tuchel fielded this team (going from memory, so YMMV):

Reus-Aubemayang-Mkhytaryan
Gündogan-Weigl-Castro
Schmelzer-Hummels-Sokratis-Piszcek
Burki

That was leaps and bounds better than what they now have. Leaps and bounds. It was a very strong X11, other than Burki. Recall that Tuchel had Weigl playing as arguably the second best pivot in Europe that season. Sokratis was also a very good CB, MUUCHHH better than any of their current ones.

That summer they sold Mhkytarian, Gündogan and Hummels IIRC, but got Guerreiro, Pulisic, Dembele plus a bunch of have beens like Gotze and Schürrle.

Aubameyang
Dembele-Götze-Pulisic
Weigl-Castro
Guerreiro-Sokratis-Bartra-Piszcek
Burki

Considerably weaker than the previous season, but still better than today.

For me, it's entirely uncontroversial that BVB today is not even the shadow of BVB then.
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:23 pm

tuscanybayern wrote:you have to look at the bigger picture. ok they are selling Sancho and next year probably Haaland, but their roster is getting slightly better every year in terms of quality and depth.

Their squad is getting better every year? Like how? They cant keep their big players except Reus who refuses everything to win actually any titles.

Moukoko is non existent for me at the pro's since he A is injured and B gets no play time at all almost anyway.

Brandt is a joke since he first started to kick against a ball, one of the most overrated German players next to Schurrle.

Bellingham is more hype as anything to me for now, he has to prove him self this season.

Guerreiro is probably just waiting for a big club offer. Since he tended to leave earlier in his BVB career already.

Akanji in the buli is well, Akanji..

Pay them another 175 million this summer for Haaland and they still wont win the Buli next season. Why? Because they tend to bet on jokers like Meunier, Can etc.. Hummels has another year in the books already and his pace will decline even more.

The thing is, they have a lot of options with BVB, but they have such a bad management by not being able to keep names or dont know what to do with all the money.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:50 pm

Even if we f*ck up badly and they manage to win BL... what would that change?

Next year they'd sell their best players again.

Dortmund are a team with huge potential but they will not become an European powerhouse with their current philosophy.

Do they even plan to spend any of Sancho's money?
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:58 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Even if we f*ck up badly and they manage to win BL... what would that change?

Dortmund are a team with huge potential but they will not become an European powerhouse with their current philosophy.

I just have to look at Reus and that tells me everything i need to know about the club that BVB is.. He has a mentality that he is okay with where he is at, winning nothing at all. He could have joined Barca and Bayern in the past and chose BVB. Titles aint his thing it seems.

He chose to pass on this years EC ( in hindsight everyone should have ). Was injured for some others or just never worked in the German team as he could have.

His mentality just lacks to much to be an all time great. Just being okay with the situation he is in with BVB every year again, but boasting that they can win the league..
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:35 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Even if we f*ck up badly and they manage to win BL... what would that change?

I don't think they will spend too much of it tbh.
I haven't looked too closely at BVB's financials recently but I believe they reported something like a 70m loss due to COVID (in addition to something like 30m outstanding debt) and most of my BVB-friends that I spoke to were pretty much under the impression that player sales would first and foremost go to covering for the pandemic losses and THEN towards new signings. Of course they are just fans but that's pretty consistently been the feeling for some time now.

I don't think Haaland goes this summer but obviously that would change things.

As it stands, assuming no other significant transfers out...I suspect they will probably buy a young winger to replace Sancho - the two most commonly reported names being Donyell Malen or Noni Madueke - I'd guess they'll spend 30-40m on one of them and that will pretty much be it for the Sancho money.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:13 am

DRvad14
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany