You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Borusse » Fri May 14, 2021 6:59 pm

Coming back to regrets of this season, looking at how Lukasz Piszczek has played when he got the chance I have absolutely no idea why he was warming the bench for most of the season. Meunier was making mistakes in almost every game, Morey was play okay-ish but nothing spectacular. Piszczek started playing and we won all 10 games he's played in and he has been brilliant. A lot of games could have gone differently for us if we had Piszczek in the team. He showed huge class. Shame he's retiring. There are beautiful pictures after the Pokal with Piszczek crying and the team celebrating him and his career in Dortmund. A true club legend.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat May 15, 2021 1:33 am

Everytime I've seen Meunier playing with Dortmund he's been terrible
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat May 15, 2021 11:35 am

Borusse wrote:Also Im very interested to see what happens to Sancho and Haaland this summer. More and more interviews from the players, Watzke, Zorc etc suggests that they might both stay for the next season which would be absolutely fantastic.

For now I think there is around 40-50% chance of Sancho staying and 70-80% chance of Haaland staying.
If Dortmund don’t sell either, do they realistically have the money to add one more star for next season?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Borusse » Sat May 15, 2021 1:39 pm

I don't think so. The money might be there, we still have a healthy financial situation but I'm pretty sure Dortmund will want to play it safe this summer. If we somehow keep both Sancho and Haaland then I don't expect much to happen. One transfer that will probably happen though is a signing of a new goalkeeper, both Hitz and Burki weren't able to convince the club they're good enough.

And to be honest, if we sign a strong goalkeeper and the rest stays as it is then it won't be bad, we will have a strong team. Then we just have to figure out what to do with the right back position.
Borusse

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sat May 15, 2021 2:08 pm

Get rid of that moron Can first.
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sat May 15, 2021 2:08 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:Get rid of that moron Can first.
Yes in fact Besiktas are inter interested
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat May 15, 2021 4:21 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Borusse wrote:Also Im very interested to see what happens to Sancho and Haaland this summer. More and more interviews from the players, Watzke, Zorc etc suggests that they might both stay for the next season which would be absolutely fantastic.

For now I think there is around 40-50% chance of Sancho staying and 70-80% chance of Haaland staying.
If Dortmund don’t sell either, do they realistically have the money to add one more star for next season?
Star?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat May 15, 2021 5:14 pm

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Star?
Well, more of a super talent I guess, but somehow who can help the team like those two so they can build a strong team around them.

Basically I was wondering whether them somehow holding on to them could pave the way for them becoming an attractive “alternative” team or whether it is simply delaying the inevitable and ultimately them getting less money for Haaland especially.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sat May 15, 2021 6:20 pm

Sancho and Haaland know they wont be there longer as the next season anyway..
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat May 15, 2021 8:21 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:[quote="Borusse"]Also Im very interested to see what happens to Sancho and Haaland this summer. More and more interviews from the players, Watzke, Zorc etc suggests that they might both stay for the next season which would be absolutely fantastic.

Star?
Well, more of a super talent I guess, but somehow who can help the team like those two so they can build a strong team around them.

Basically I was wondering whether them somehow holding on to them could pave the way for them becoming an attractive “alternative” team or whether it is simply delaying the inevitable and ultimately them getting less money for Haaland especially.[/quote]Well, they got quite a few more and coming in... Thing is, probably Sancho will leave... Say Bellingham steps up, but then Haaland will leave, and so on... They‘re always one or two short...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sat May 15, 2021 9:34 pm

The thing with Dortmund is, they and we also, have no clue what their long term plans are. They want to develop talents into bigger players, then they sell them, but dont use that money for players to make em a) stay or b) build something.

This team will not win another Meisterschaft anytime soon. They are having a nice run for their standards now, but for the biggest part of the season they have been pretty shit and if Haaland wouldnt score his important goals, they would be in the 2nd part of the table tbh. If 17 points behind Bayern is their goal, the wrong people are steering that ship.
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun May 16, 2021 5:37 am

I already mentioned it in the BL thread

Dortmund have the privilege of being able to decide their future.

- If they keep Haaland and Sancho and add a couple of good players (a good GK is a MUST) then I'm more than sure they can challenge us for the title and do well in the Champions League. And then unlike other big clubs, they are financially healthy so that could be a key factor for them in order to become an European powerhouse.

- If they stick to their philosophy of selling their best players then they will surely be in the BL top 4 every year and might make a decent CL run every now and then, but they will never be able to challenge us in the long term.
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Ben Gardner » Sun May 16, 2021 7:36 am

Ottomeister87 wrote: They are having a nice run for their standards now, but for the biggest part of the season they have been pretty shit and if Haaland wouldnt score his important goals, they would be in the 2nd part of the table tbh. If 17 points behind Bayern is their goal, the wrong people are steering that ship.

That's a little bit to harsh I think, we actually started of quiet good the first 11-12 match days or so, not losing sight of Bayern (and Leipzig), winning our games and kept clean sheets. Then things started to worsen, conceding goals from set pieces all over the place, falling apart as a team, struggling big time in games we shouldn't struggle, losing sight of Bayern (and Leipzig) and eventually losing sight of CL spots. We were heavily punished for our constant "fuck ups" and top four looked for a while out of reach. Losing sight of Bayern was inevitable, but losing sight of Leipzig as early as we did was a failure. I thought, and still think, this edition is good enough to fight for second spot, and definitely not struggling/fighting for CL spots with only two games left of the season.
Ben Gardner
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun May 16, 2021 9:41 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I already mentioned it in the BL thread

- If they keep Haaland and Sancho and add a couple of good players (a good GK is a MUST) then I'm more than sure they can challenge us for the title and do well in the Champions League. And then unlike other big clubs, they are financially healthy so that could be a key factor for them in order to become an European powerhouse.

Then what, they have 1 more year with those 2 and then they are gone anyway. Especially if they ( which they wont anyway ) wont win the league title. This club had something in 2010 and 2011.. But after that everyone who mattered got sold and ever has been as soon as those players had a good season.

I am not worried about them a single bit, they are just not made to go for it for 34 games a season on the level it needs to be.
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Borusse » Sun May 16, 2021 9:20 pm

We usually don't want to sell our stars, we're just forced to. We've been through this topic many times.

1. We can't afford to pay our stars the same salaries as the biggest clubs. We could in theory take a huge risk, spend big, give big salaries to players and hope for instant and constant success. But we already tried that in the late 90s and early 2000s, we wanted to stay at the top and keep up with the giants, we all know what happened. We won't do that again. This is just not good business.

2. We don't have the top tier prestige. Players want to leave to Bayern, Liverpool, United, City, Chelsea, Real, Barca, Juve etc. What all of these have in common -> money and prestige. Some of these teams took a shortcut and bought in their way to the top with absurd amounts of spending. Some of them built their strongholds through decades.

We can't compete with that. We can sign a young talent on a 4-5 year contract. If we're lucky we can somehow convince the player to sign an extension for another 1-2 years after he shows his worth. But usually, after 4-5 years, the player is nearing the end of his contract and we have to make a decision to either sell or keep him till the end and let him go for free. And so it goes. We don't have a policy of buying young players for cheap and selling them big, we're just forced to do it because they don't want to stay. We do have a long-term plan but it's a very very long and tough road. We have to keep increasing our revenue, slowly and steadly increase the wages and hope for the best. Maybe in 15-20 years we will be able to get a "yes, I want to stay in Dortmund and create history here" from more and more players.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany