You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:37 am

Borusse wrote:It depends on tactics as well, of course Thiago is a better playmaker than Witsel but Witsel is better at keeping the ball and winning duels etc, it's weird to even compare them because they have different roles.

But in general Bayern do have a bit better first team, especially now with Coutinho coming in.

I agree with that. I was going to say that the main strength for BVB is the fact that they have a "wider" team, with better players available as a subs.

Dortmund's bench against Koln:
1.Hitz
2.Hakimi
3.Schmelzer
4.Zagadou
5.Dahoud
6.Delaney
7.Götze
8.Brandt
9.Larsen

Against the Bayern one:
1.Ulreich
2.Cuisance
3.Martinez
4.Coutinho
5.Davies
6.Perisic
7.--------
8.--------
9.--------
Kovac OUT!!!

IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MoFattal » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:02 pm

Borusse wrote:It depends on tactics as well, of course Thiago is a better playmaker than Witsel but Witsel is better at keeping the ball and winning duels etc, it's weird to even compare them because they have different roles.

Witsel would be an excellent partner to Thiago in midfield.
Kovac OUT!!!
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:04 pm

If I am to pick a starting combined starting XI:

Kovac OUT!!!
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby aterford » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:29 pm

Operation ten Hag 2k20
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Machiavellico » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:37 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:

But in general Bayern do have a bit better first team, especially now with Coutinho coming in.

I agree with that. I was going to say that the main strength for BVB is the fact that they have a "wider" team, with better players available as a subs.

Dortmund's bench against Koln:
1.Hitz
2.Hakimi
3.Schmelzer
4.Zagadou
5.Dahoud
6.Delaney
7.Götze
8.Brandt
9.Larsen

Against the Bayern one:
1.Ulreich
2.Cuisance
3.Martinez
4.Coutinho
5.Davies
6.Perisic
7.--------
8.--------
9.--------

I think quantity should not be mistaken for quality. Yes, Dortmund has more solutions, but how good are they, really? What confidence would you feel if Larsen, Dahoud or Goetze would be subbed in? Cause I wouldn't feel any and how is that any different than having youngsters.

If push comes to shove, are you telling me that, as a manager, you'd rather sub in Delaney, Brandt and Goetze rather than Javi, Coutinho and Perisic?

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

Postby Hardrade » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:41 pm

Falk should be banned from this forum. Comparing him to Witsel is laughable
Hardrade
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby r10 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:44 pm

aterford wrote:Better Bayern player = 1pt for Bayern.
Better BVB player = 1pt for BVB.
Sule : Hummels 0:1
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Borusse » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:55 pm

Guerreiro should extend his contract any day now according to Kicker. That would be really nice. I'll give this transfer window a 9/10 if that happens. We got rid of pretty much all the players we needed to get rid of and we made some really good purchases. Difficult to find anything to criticize. Maybe selling Diallo and Toprak and only bringing in Hummels? With Akanji being out of form it already starts to show that we might become fragile on that position.

We have the right squad to have a successful season, doesn't have to mean trophies but achieving good results, collecting 75-80 points in the league, maybe more, and winning some games in the Champions League. We'll see what happens, I just hope Favre is the right man for the job and we won't fall apart again like we did last season.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:27 pm

I'm still perplexed with that corner kick banter from Dortmund twitter account regarding their future match against Barcelona

Seriously?

Dortmund collpased last year due to their inability to defend corners, crosses and set pieces in the second half of the season. Why would you make a joke about something that happened to you as well?

It's like a Bayern fan mocking a Barça supporter "HAHAHAH you got eliminated by Liverpool LOL !!!" :-k
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Borusse » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:03 pm

It's just jokes man. :D Not sure if it was intended to have a double meaning like this though but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

And if a Bayern fan wrote that thing about Liverpool I would find it very funny as I would assume that person is making a joke. :P
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Borusse » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:18 pm

Reus said something about talking to Kai Havertz and persuading him to join Dortmund next year.

Michael Zorc quickly commented on that: "Everyone involved would do well to concentrate on the current season." :mrgreen:

Burned. And he's right, Reus should focus on playing football. :P
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:30 pm

Borusse wrote:Reus said something about talking to Kai Havertz and persuading him to join Dortmund next year.

Michael Zorc quickly commented on that: "Everyone involved would do well to concentrate on the current season." :mrgreen:

Burned. And he's right, Reus should focus on playing football. :P

Yeah, he should worry about that during his next long term injury recovery period.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:50 pm

How has Hummels been playing recently?

Unlike with Müller or Boateng, I really think Löw should reconsider Hummel's future with the NT. The defense is a mess and Hummels is a true leader and a world class defender.

He was amazing today. A vintage Hummels performance
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby sherpthederp » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:09 am

YlonenXabi wrote:How has Hummels been playing recently?

Unlike with Müller or Boateng, I really think Löw should reconsider Hummel's future with the NT. The defense is a mess and Hummels is a true leader and a world class defender.

He was amazing today. A vintage Hummels performance

Including his vintage header misses :lol:
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:43 pm

:mrgreen:

But I have to say there was at least one time where it wasn't him but Delaney. They look like twin brothers.
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany