You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby zozon » Thu May 23, 2019 8:50 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Borusse wrote:
Burki - Piszczek, Akanji, Diallo(?), Schulz - Witsel - Sancho, Brandt, Reus, Hazard - Paco

That lineup is better than ours up front as things stand imo. However we are still far ahead in the other positions.

How their offense is better is beyond me. Only Reus could substitute a starting 11 player in Bayern from their offense.

You rate Brandt higher than Gnabry, Hazard (the fake one) higher than Coman and Paco higher than Lewa?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Thu May 23, 2019 9:11 am

I think they have done much better transfer business than us - so far...

And Sancho would replace Coman easily...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 23, 2019 9:28 am

zozon wrote:You rate Brandt higher than Gnabry

Equal to me at this point, though I have high hopes for Gnabry and always have.

zozon wrote:Hazard (the fake one) higher than Coman

Better than current Müller, which is where I assume he will play and the position Borusse gave him. Reus > Coman.

zozon wrote:Paco higher than Lewa

Obviously not.

There is also Sancho. It's a formation which has more offensive players than ours.

They have players like Philipp and Schurrle too (I think he's returning?). Who do we have on the bench now that Robbery are gone? Arp?

Obviously our squad is not yet complete (at least I hope not) but as I said, as things stand yeah, I think they are better.
Kovac OUT!!!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Hardrade » Thu May 23, 2019 10:54 am

Guys, guys... they are shït and will remain shït. They sell their best to buy mediocrities. I am all for criticizing Bayern for its bad upper management, but compared to this failure of a club, we’re golden.
Hardrade
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Fénix » Thu May 23, 2019 2:58 pm

Hardrade wrote:Guys, guys... they are shït and will remain shït. They sell their best to buy mediocrities. I am all for criticizing Bayern for its bad upper management, but compared to this failure of a club, we’re golden.

They are not failure of a club, more like unlucky club whose destiny has been so far just being a temporary station and a club that is not appreciated by foreign players and when the first offer from the best, top 4 European domestic Rekordmeister and 3-4 other elite clubs comes, they decide to move either abroad or to Bayern. Simple as that.
They could have been something like Atletico Madrid with a difference of playing style which was waaaay better under Klopp and Tuchel. But players thought Real Madrid, Man United, Arsenal, Bayern were better destinations for them instead of being leading stars and top performers over the last 8 years. More than 80% of them were wrong when they decided to leave. Only 3-4 players made better careers or at least stayed on the same level they had been at BVB. All other guys became worse or disappeared from the top scene.

But this is a very good job: Pulišić = Brandt + T. Hazard + 15 million €. :thumbup:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Borusse » Thu May 23, 2019 10:07 pm

I think both teams are comparable up front. Reus and Sancho would start for Bayern, Lewandowski and Coman/Gnabry would start for Dortmund. Brandt probably a bit better option than Muller.

Philipp and Schurrle are leaving this summer, almost certain. We plan to buy a striker (there is talk of Mandzukic :D ) and one more central midfielder. So our whole team should look something like this:

Burki - Piszczek, Akanji, Diallo, Schulz - Witsel, Delaney - Sancho, Reus, Hazard - Paco

Hitz - Wolf, Zagadou, Balerdi/Toprak, Hakimi - NEW MIDFIELDER, Gotze - Larsen, Brandt, Guerreiro(?) - NEW STRIKER

I have a feeling I'm forgetting someone. Anyway there are some question marks, like what happens to Weigl, Toprak, Guerreiro, Schmelzer etc. this summer. They all might leave in which case we could probably use one more transfer to support to back four and another left back? Would be good to keep Guerreiro, he's been playing well this season, but for some reason Dortmund are hestitant to extend his contract. Apparently the player himself wouldn't mind extending.

Gundogan would fit in SO WELL into this puzzle. I would love to see this next season:

Burki - Piszczek, Akanji, Diallo, Schulz - Witsel, Gundogan, Brandt - Sancho, Reus, Hazard

Super strong. But it's unrealistic that he returns.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby zozon » Fri May 24, 2019 12:06 pm

Fénix wrote:They are not failure of a club, more like unlucky club whose destiny has been so far just being a temporary station and a club that is not appreciated by foreign players and when the first offer from the best

It's their OWN CHOICE, their modus operandi to be that club, this isnt about luck. How can you name them "unlucky"? It's not like a plane crashed in their HQ, training grounds or something.

Luck has nothing to do with about how their board operates stuff.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Postby bbenno » Fri May 24, 2019 8:06 pm

Borusse wrote:I think both teams are comparable up front. Reus and Sancho would start for Bayern, Lewandowski and Coman/Gnabry would start for Dortmund. Brandt probably a bit better option than Muller.

Philipp and Schurrle are leaving this summer, almost certain. We plan to buy a striker (there is talk of Mandzukic :D ) and one more central midfielder. So our whole team should look something like this:

Burki - Piszczek, Akanji, Diallo, Schulz - Witsel, Delaney - Sancho, Reus, Hazard - Paco

Hitz - Wolf, Zagadou, Balerdi/Toprak, Hakimi - NEW MIDFIELDER, Gotze - Larsen, Brandt, Guerreiro(?) - NEW STRIKER

I have a feeling I'm forgetting someone. Anyway there are some question marks, like what happens to Weigl, Toprak, Guerreiro, Schmelzer etc. this summer. They all might leave in which case we could probably use one more transfer to support to back four and another left back? Would be good to keep Guerreiro, he's been playing well this season, but for some reason Dortmund are hestitant to extend his contract. Apparently the player himself wouldn't mind extending.

Gundogan would fit in SO WELL into this puzzle. I would love to see this next season:

Burki - Piszczek, Akanji, Diallo, Schulz - Witsel, Gundogan, Brandt - Sancho, Reus, Hazard

Super strong. But it's unrealistic that he returns.

I agree regarding Brandt/Muller and Reus and Sancho. But what about Weigl?! What has happened to him? In his prime he really looked like being the next top german midfielder, and the last couple of years he almost hasn’t played and are rumored to be gone soon! What happened Borusse? Also Guerreiro! What’s going on with him?
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby Borusse » Fri May 24, 2019 9:03 pm

He had a poor season under Bosz, the coach wanted him to play higher up which didn't suit Weigl at all. Then came Favre and we bought Witsel and from then on it was an uphill battle for Weigl to get into the starting eleven. And when he got his rare chances, he wasn't performing well. But in 2019 he played as a center back and did quite well there. Not sure what his future will be. I'd like him to stay but I'll understand if he leaves.

Still not clear what will happen with both Weigl and Guerreiro.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby ramsej84 » Sat May 25, 2019 7:59 am

BVB were thinking of approaching Mandzukic...

Edit
Other sources are claiming that they have tabled an offer of 15€ Million
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:20 pm

Apparently we have a green light from Bayern to bring back Hummels. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I honestly don't know what to think of it. I don't believe it's necessarly a good move. He's 31, there is a risk he won't perform on the right level consistently... And he is not loved by the fans, but I guess Gotze wasn't either. Anyway I still love Hummels and personally would like to see him back in Dortmund but objectively I'm not sure it's a good idea.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby aterford » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:59 pm

Hummels rumor is a bit odd all round IMO.

For Hummels, he's going to have to accept a pay-cut and (arguably) probably a lower chance of trophies (no offense, but I don't think that's too unreasonable to suggest...)

For Bayern - Boateng is already presumably on the way out, too. Even with Lucas and Pavard, without anyone else brought in, that leaves us awfully thin at the back.

For Dortmund - it didn't seem like Hummels had the most pleasant departure when he left BVB. I like both Diallo and Akanji. Zagadou has definitely shown some promise, and (I haven't seen much of him) the club seemed pretty high on Balerdi when they brought him in. I don't really rate Toprak, but still, they have some okay depth at CB, I think.

And of course, one would expect Hummels would only want to move to get more starting minutes (as he'd presumably believe he'd be behind Süle and Hernandez in the pecking order). I'm not so sure Diallo/Akanji etc would be terribly happy about having Hummels come in and bench one of them, either.

So....I dunno. Feels like a loss for both Bayern and Hummels and only a small win for BVB. But then again I've seen us make dumber moves so....
Operation ten Hag 2k20
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Borusse » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:51 pm

Burki - Piszczek, Akanji, Hummels, Schulz - Witsel - Sancho, Brandt, Reus, Hazard - Paco

:coffee:
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:17 pm

Dortmund are doing some very good business and we're not even in july

Hazard, Brandt, Schulz and Hummels for an estimate of 100M. =D> =D> =D> =D>
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:19 pm

Wait, is Hakimi still in the team?
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany