You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.
 

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Borusse » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:38 pm

They jumped to conclusions too fast. He has ongoing problems with his abductors after he suffered a muscle tear before Christmas. In the next days there will be several medical checks - then we'll know more about how long he will be sidelined.

So nothing is certain yet, not sure if he will need an operation etc.

But if he will be out till the rest of the season, it would be a big blow. We have Diallo, Zagadou, Toprak who all proved they can perform on high level but Akanji is the leader of this defensive formation.
User avatar
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4410
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 am
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 313 times
Been thanked: 1332 times
Gender: Male

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:07 am

My friend who is a Dortmund fan, yest met several players from the team while being for a holiday in the area.

he took selfies with Goetze , Burki(?)

Reus and Witsel just waved to him.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 38218
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 27438 times
Been thanked: 5666 times
Gender: Male

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby pyrasur » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:05 am

Borusse wrote:Sometimes we have to sell so when we do sell, it's good to see we're doing it right. Can't wait to see how we invest the money in the summer. Probably Thorgan Hazard will come which would be a great transfer. But I also hope we can look for some creative midfielder to compete with Dahoud/Delaney.


Dortmund destroying the Bundesliga by raiding the competition year after year. Reus, Dahoud, Hazard.. If Favre had gone straight from Gladbach to Dortmund I'd say there was a conspiracy!
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4392
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2817 times
Been thanked: 1956 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby DRvad14 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:56 pm

User avatar
DRvad14
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:40 pm
Location: NY
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 1358 times
Been thanked: 1078 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:58 pm


Never heard of the name but his stats look terrible on FIFA 19 and decent in Football Manager 2019.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 40160
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 7284 times
Been thanked: 11010 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Borusse » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:21 pm

We're very close to signing Leonardo Balerdi, good job from the board that we're imidiately looking for some potential back-up if Akanji misses the rest of the season. I don't know anything about him but he's clearly been scouted by us and he should be talented so will be good to have him as 4th-5th choice if some injury crisis happens.

Also BILD has informed just now that we already started negotiating Thorgan Hazard's move to Dortmund and he would cost us 42 million euros.

Some good news, we should be a very strong football team in the coming months and hopefully years.
User avatar
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4410
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 am
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 313 times
Been thanked: 1332 times
Gender: Male

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Pelin » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:23 am

Borusse wrote:We're very close to signing Leonardo Balerdi, good job from the board that we're imidiately looking for some potential back-up if Akanji misses the rest of the season. I don't know anything about him but he's clearly been scouted by us and he should be talented so will be good to have him as 4th-5th choice if some injury crisis happens.

Also BILD has informed just now that we already started negotiating Thorgan Hazard's move to Dortmund and he would cost us 42 million euros.

Some good news, we should be a very strong football team in the coming months and hopefully years.

Let's hope so. Bayern needs a strong BVB and competition. when selling overseas TV rights, this will benefit all BL clubs financially. BVB is doing well after appointing advisors. l hope they don't start selling their star players again. They said that they had over 80 m euros due to CL and marketing for this year's budget.this will improve BVB financially well.
Pelin
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:45 pm
Has thanked: 295 times
Been thanked: 404 times
Gender: Male

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:24 am

Kovac OUT!!!

Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7445
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 3256 times
Been thanked: 3558 times
Gender: Male

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:00 am

IsiahRashad wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

Nice.

Nice what? Why single out Bayern from a selling club? Are they literally saying that if we outbid a foreign club for their player, they would sell to the foreign club and miss out on a higher return just so as not to sell to Bayern? How ridiculous is that? How about trying to hold on to their players rather than sell at the first opportunity to anyone who waves money at them?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 40160
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 7284 times
Been thanked: 11010 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Borusse » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:12 pm

Relax, it's just a SportBild article. :D

However I don't think it's that ridiculous, I'd prefer to sell for 10 million less and not strenghen Bayern for next season. Not because I hate Bayern or whatever but because I don't want our biggest rival to be even stronger. Also it's a psychological thing - if we keep selling to Bayern it sends a simple message: Bayern > Dortmund. And it says that we don't really plan or even try to change that. So I think it's reasonable to refuse to sell to a direct rival.

Besides there is no player in Dortmund that really makes sense for Bayern in the coming years so I won't expect Bayern to even try to buy someone from BVB.
User avatar
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4410
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 am
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 313 times
Been thanked: 1332 times
Gender: Male

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:40 pm

Borusse wrote:Relax, it's just a SportBild article. :D

However I don't think it's that ridiculous, I'd prefer to sell for 10 million less and not strenghen Bayern for next season. Not because I hate Bayern or whatever but because I don't want our biggest rival to be even stronger. Also it's a psychological thing - if we keep selling to Bayern it sends a simple message: Bayern > Dortmund. And it says that we don't really plan or even try to change that. So I think it's reasonable to refuse to sell to a direct rival.

Besides there is no player in Dortmund that really makes sense for Bayern in the coming years so I won't expect Bayern to even try to buy someone from BVB.

So you'd be ready to throw away €10m just so that Bayern don't get their first-choice option but their second one. You say it's not about hate, but that's how it sounds to me, because it's only an assumption that Bayern would NOT get an even stronger (albeit more expensive) option instead of the BVB player. Should the latter happen, BVB is €10m poorer, and Bayern is even stronger than they'd have been had they signed the BVB player.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 40160
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 7284 times
Been thanked: 11010 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:56 pm

MUTU wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

Nice.

Nice what? Why single out Bayern from a selling club? Are they literally saying that if we outbid a foreign club for their player, they would sell to the foreign club and miss out on a higher return just so as not to sell to Bayern? How ridiculous is that? How about trying to hold on to their players rather than sell at the first opportunity to anyone who waves money at them?


I don't care how ridiculous is. I'm SICK with all the "BUYern taking the best players from BVB talk", even if I know it's not true, and this is the type of talk from people who don't know much about the Bundesliga. I want a transfer policy between us like Pool/United - the last transfer between the clubs is from 1964. Or like Real/Barca -only two players have directly transferred from Real Madrid to Barcelona: Lucien Muller and Luis Enrique.

Yes, I also want from them to hold their best players. The best thing for the Bundesliga is to have super strong Bayern & Dortmund. The other clubs are sadly, still far away. 50+1.
Kovac OUT!!!

Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7445
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 3256 times
Been thanked: 3558 times
Gender: Male

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Borusse » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:07 pm

MUTU wrote:
Borusse wrote:Relax, it's just a SportBild article. :D

However I don't think it's that ridiculous, I'd prefer to sell for 10 million less and not strenghen Bayern for next season. Not because I hate Bayern or whatever but because I don't want our biggest rival to be even stronger. Also it's a psychological thing - if we keep selling to Bayern it sends a simple message: Bayern > Dortmund. And it says that we don't really plan or even try to change that. So I think it's reasonable to refuse to sell to a direct rival.

Besides there is no player in Dortmund that really makes sense for Bayern in the coming years so I won't expect Bayern to even try to buy someone from BVB.

So you'd be ready to throw away €10m just so that Bayern don't get their first-choice option but their second one. You say it's not about hate, but that's how it sounds to me, because it's only an assumption that Bayern would NOT get an even stronger (albeit more expensive) option instead of the BVB player. Should the latter happen, BVB is €10m poorer, and Bayern is even stronger than they'd have been had they signed the BVB player.


If Bayern wants to sign a player from BVB then according to them it's their best option right? Or is Bayern buying from BVB because they want to weaken us? Let's assume it's the former and they're doing it to get the best they can and it's not about crushing the rival. So yes, if we sell to someone else Bayern probably won't get "even better".

And you completely ignored my second argument which is as important if not more. If we want to aspire to be your long-term rivals then we just can't be giving you our best players whenever you come knocking at the door. That's very simple to understand, no?

And of course ideally I hope we won't sell to anyone and keep our players. But I think that if we can avoid selling to Bayern then we should.
User avatar
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4410
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 am
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 313 times
Been thanked: 1332 times
Gender: Male

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:13 pm

Borusse wrote:However I don't think it's that ridiculous, I'd prefer to sell for 10 million less and not strenghen Bayern for next season.


I don't get it and I think Watzke's comments really show an inferiority complex.

He should have said that you guys are not gonna sell your best players to ANY club. Why mentioning Bayern when you have made more than 400M selling players to other clubs?


What's the difference between selling Pulisic to Bayern and selling Pulisic to Chelsea while Bayern get Hudson Odoi? :idea:
User avatar
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11038
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Guernsey
National Flag:
Spain
Has thanked: 2822 times
Been thanked: 3010 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:16 pm

I'd buy this Bayern are the bad guys argument IF we were the only team getting the best players from BL teams.

But what about Dembele, Gündogan, Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, De Bruyne, Sane... ? It's not like BL teams can keep those players. If they are gonna sell them anyways then what's the difference between selling them to Bayern or let's say Chelsea or Manchester City?
User avatar
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11038
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Guernsey
National Flag:
Spain
Has thanked: 2822 times
Been thanked: 3010 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron