You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:52 pm

Borusse wrote:Well, it won't be any kind of surprise if they win, Atletico is a very strong team. But the level we're playing at now should be enough to secure TOP2 in BuLi and reach the knock-out phase in Champions League. Hopefully we will become more consistent as the season progresses, first half was quite poor from us today.
By and by what can you tell us about Piatek?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:01 am

At least Favre can kick out Götze, Weigl, Kagawa, Piszczek because they are bad performers and use those who deserve to play or whatever satisfies him and gives the team results.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Borusse » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:50 am

FCB general wrote:At least Favre can kick out Götze, Weigl, Kagawa, Piszczek because they are bad performers and use those who deserve to play or whatever satisfies him and gives the team results.

You're half-right here. Gotze has been poor, that's true. I'm losing faith he will ever regain form. He basically lost his speed, he's just too slow to make a difference which he was making before.

Piszczek has a hip injury that has been with him for most of his career. He has to excersise for additional 20-30 minutes everyday just to stay competetive. That's why he announced he's retiring from professional football in 2020. And yeah, he's been playing worse and worse unfortunately. He will still be a good option against most of league rivals but Hakimi will likely take his place sooner or later this season.

But you're kind of wrong about Kagawa and Weigl. Kagawa, whenever he played this season he has been at least solid. He's a good player to keep for rotation, Reus is playing as a "10" now but he can't play every single game, so Kagawa will be there to help or play with Reus sometimes when he moves to the wing.

Weigl has been good when he came on as well. He had a bad season under Bosz and Stoger but they are average coaches and they didn't know how to use him. I liked Weigl's his performance against Monaco, he was strong on the ball, played accurate passes, he will be important for us this season. He has a similar role to the one he had under Tuchel and that's good news.
We have Delaney, Witsel, Dahoud and Weigl as our main midfield players so I'm sure all of them will get a lot of playing time and will help out the team.

We finally actually have a strong squad, not just the starting eleven and that's exciting.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Borusse » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:59 am

ramsej84 wrote:
Borusse wrote:Well, it won't be any kind of surprise if they win, Atletico is a very strong team. But the level we're playing at now should be enough to secure TOP2 in BuLi and reach the knock-out phase in Champions League. Hopefully we will become more consistent as the season progresses, first half was quite poor from us today.
By and by what can you tell us about Piatek?

Nobody expected Piątek to play so well, most of polish players struggle to make the jump from polish league to one of the top leagues. Even Lewandowski struggled when he came to Dortmund, he needed one season to get more muscular, to get used to the the higher level of play.

Piątek has been amazingly efficient, I read today he scored 8 goals but his expected goals ratio (xG stat) is 2.85 so he should have scored about 3 goals from the chances he's had. For comparison, Ronaldo scored 3 and his xG was 6.2 I believe. :D

Anyway, what that means is that Piątek is on fire right now and everything just goes in. But I think it might just be a run of good form. He surely has talent but I'd wait and see how he does long-term. He seems a bit raw technically in my opinion (though only full games I've seen him play were for Poland so maybe I'm wrong). If you're thinking about him being an option for Bayern then I think it's definitely too soon.
Borusse

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby tflags » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:07 am

I still remember having discussiins here where people after three painful years were still asking for Götze to stay and "be the next Messi."

BTW, congrats to Sancho. Read somewhere he got his first call up. Good job.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:37 pm

Diego Costa is likely to miss both games against Dortmund :D
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby #12 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:44 pm

tflags wrote:I still remember having discussiins here where people after three painful years were still asking for Götze to stay and "be the next Messi."

BTW, congrats to Sancho. Read somewhere he got his first call up. Good job.

I also still remember people ridiculing Dortmund for their transfers this summer...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:53 pm

I've always been sure that Favre was the right coach for them.

However I was sceptical with Delaney and Diallo especially after spending 50M on both. And I was worried that they were not going to sign a proper striker. But they managed to sign Paco Alcacer who I rate as the perfect striker for any club outside Europe's top 5

It's good to see that injuries are not taking a toll as usual and most of their players have managed to stay fit
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Borusse » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:52 am

Another fun match with Dortmund involved, it's so exciting to have the feeling that your team can turn the game around at any point even when they're not playing that well and conceding goals. Can't wait for the next games, last time I felt like this was in the first season with Tuchel in 2015.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:50 pm

Paco Alcacer 8)
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:46 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Paco Alkaiser 8)

Fixed 8)
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Previous

Return to Football in Germany