You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:03 am

Schürrle?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Manchu » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:13 am

#12 wrote:Schürrle?

He's a decent, if unexceptional, player whose record with Dortmund was, although not incredible, was fairly decent, especially when you realize that, due to an idiotic transfer policy, he was forced out of position as a striker a lot last season. But again, his transfer looks really bad when you consider that Dortmund replaced Yarmolenko and him with Marius Wolf and no one, respectively.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby aterford » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:34 am

Yeah, TBH I'd take Schürrle over Wolf any day of the week.....
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:15 pm

Favre is getting serious criticism from Dortmund fans online as a mid table mentality manager.

I dislike him because he is ignoring German players like Götze and Weigl.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

Postby Manchu » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:04 am

America USA wrote:Favre is getting serious criticism from Dortmund fans online as a mid table mentality manager.

Well, now many of the fans are demanding that Favre play Götze because apparently Dortmund's offense doesn't have any creativity without him. No one, though, wants Weigl at this point.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby America USA » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:04 pm

Manchu wrote:
America USA wrote:Favre is getting serious criticism from Dortmund fans online as a mid table mentality manager.

Well, now many of the fans are demanding that Favre play Götze because apparently Dortmund's offense doesn't have any creativity without him. No one, though, wants Weigl at this point.

Germany needs a holding midfielder and sadly right now Weigl, Can and Meyer are all warming the bench at their respective teams :(

Only Rudy is/will be getting regular playing time and that’s concerning for Die Mannschaft. German clubs have a moral responsibility of helping German players develop. That’s the point of 50+1, to prevent the BL from becoming another PL where you have different World XI’s facing off against each other and with zero English players at times in the starting eleven.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:10 pm

I don't understand how Khedira starts ahead of Can.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:59 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:32 pm

Yo yo yo yo my friends! I'm here for a few posts and then I'm disappearing again. Or am I? Who knows, who knows.

So Dortmund are playing poorly so far but I'm actually optimistic about the future. Favre just needs to find some solutions, he improved our defence A LOT and that's fundamental thing to winning so I'm happy about that. Now it's time to make some decisions regarding our attack.

Right now we're playing with Reus and Philipp up front which is just not working. Reus is healthy, that's great, but he's been very dissapointing so far this season. He seems lost even though in theory he should be feeling comfortable in 4-4-2 as a second striker because he played in that system in Gladbach and with Favre! But for now, it's not working.

So my solution to that would be playing the 4-2-3-1 system, for example:

Burki - Piszczek, Akanji, Diallo, Schmelzer - Witsel, Delaney - Pulisic, Reus, Sancho - Paco

Paco is someone we needed badly, he will be our oxygen this season I feel. We need a proper striker, Philipp is not a striker, Reus is not a striker as well. They should not be playing as ones. Paco will be huge for us this season if he's healthy.

Player I lost faith in is Gotze and I think it's better to play Kagawa if Favre decides to rotate, for example Reus on the wing and Kagawa jumps into "10" position instead of Pulisic/Sancho.

So if Favre makes some tweaks in the formation and starts Paco Alcacer as a lone striker, that should already make a big difference in our attacking player. Combine that with solid defence + improving the play over time = we should be able to finish TOP2 quite comfortably and I don't really expect much more this season. Just finish second and build on that next year.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby shpati_L1 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:57 am

What's going on with Gotze man?
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby Borusse » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:12 am

I fear he's just past his good days. Him not getting much playing time says a lot.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:26 pm

Borusse wrote:I fear he's just past his good days. Him not getting much playing time says a lot.
0 in the Bundesliga so far..
IsiahRashad
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Borusse » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:38 pm

I think it's relatively safe to say that the good version of Borussia Dortmund is back. This is still a work in progress, still lots of things to improve but the team looks solid at least. Favre is doing a great job. It should only get better.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:42 pm

Borusse wrote:I think it's relatively safe to say that the good version of Borussia Dortmund is back. This is still a work in progress, still lots of things to improve but the team looks solid at least. Favre is doing a great job. It should only get better.
Simeone will bring you back to earth
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:44 pm

Well, it won't be any kind of surprise if they win, Atletico is a very strong team. But the level we're playing at now should be enough to secure TOP2 in BuLi and reach the knock-out phase in Champions League. Hopefully we will become more consistent as the season progresses, first half was quite poor from us today.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany