You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:58 pm

I've watched Bremen quite a few times this season and Delaney didn't impress me at all. I guess I just overlooked him

25M is too much for Dortmund standards. Probably one of their most expensive signings ever.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby aterford » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:33 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I've watched Bremen quite a few times this season and Delaney didn't impress me at all. I guess I just overlooked him

25M is too much for Dortmund standards. Probably one of their most expensive signings ever.

Sad thing is many BVB fans I've spoken too are ecstatic over the Delaney signing and are all in on Diallo.

Looks like Watzke and Zorc have succeeded in their mission to lower expectations (along with comments again today effectively saying they won't win the title).
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:03 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Fee reported to be around €25-30m, 5 year contract
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby gumboduncan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:16 am

Delaney is a good player but not a €25 million type of a a player. Diallo is a player that I’m not to familiar with. I don’t watch any Mainz games, unless they’re playing Bayern, so I don’t know him. But €50 million for two players that don’t carry a big reputation. I have to put a question mark on these transfers.

This shows really how much of a gap there is between Bayern and Dortmund. It would be fun to see this forum if we were signing these two players for €50 million. I bet we would be going crazy.

Dortmund also has to spend big IMO on a striker. It will be interesting to see what they’ll do.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby MercySoccer » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:18 pm

gumboduncan wrote:Delaney is a good player but not a €25 million type of a a player. Diallo is a player that I’m not to familiar with. I don’t watch any Mainz games, unless they’re playing Bayern, so I don’t know him. But €50 million for two players that don’t carry a big reputation. I have to put a question mark on these transfers.

This shows really how much of a gap there is between Bayern and Dortmund. It would be fun to see this forum if we were signing these two players for €50 million. I bet we would be going crazy.

Dortmund also has to spend big IMO on a striker. It will be interesting to see what they’ll do.

Give them a chance.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
MercySoccer
Getting the hang of it

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:04 pm

Schuerrle to Fulham on a 2 year loan? :|
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:18 pm

Their 2 CB's looked like 2 amateurs in the Pokal game. Hope it was just a day off because they've spent a lot money on both

Funny thing that they were 1-0 down in Fürth and got a last minute equalizer (95th min) and a last minute game winner (120th). And I say it's funny cause few years back they also knocked down Fürth in Pokal in the 120th minute thanks to a Gündogan goal

Poor Greuther Fürth :lol:
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby aterford » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:35 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Their 2 CB's looked like 2 amateurs in the Pokal game. Hope it was just a day off because they've spent a lot money on both

Funny thing that they were 1-0 down in Fürth and got a last minute equalizer (95th min) and a last minute game winner (120th). And I say it's funny cause few years back they also knocked down Fürth in Pokal in the 120th minute thanks to a Gündogan goal

Yup, they have a lot of problems IMO...
I really rate Akanji, solid at the WC, but Diallo has never impressed me. IMO Delaney and Witsel cover a lot of the same ground and was kinda redundant to sign both (especially with Weigl still around, ha). Dahoud continues to look like one of the worst players I've ever seen (and my god, that haircut), Wolf was poor, and Hitz has made Bürki (who most Dortmund fans I know think is sh*t) look like Lev Yashin so far this preseason....Of course it's early and hard to draw many conclusions, but I think their squad is seriously unbalanced right now, and frankly I'm just not sure Favre has the "fortitude" for such a project...and WOW do they ever need a striker. Sounds like now they're looking at Divock Origi or Paco Alcacer, but I don't think Alcacer wants a permanent move out of Spain, so if it's him it'll either be a loan or they'll get yet another player who can't wait to leave Dortmund as soon as he lands...

Also, I'm not one to claim conspiracy, as I know we've had our share of Bayern-dusel....but I thought 5+ minutes of stoppage time at the end of regulation was just insane! Watching the match, on my broadcast they hadn't shown how much stoppage time was called for. I thought to myself, two, three, MAYBE four minutes AT MOST. So to see it go to five, six, seven minutes was just mad to me. I have to think the game were being held in Fürth or perhaps if BVB were ahead we wouldn't have seen so much stoppage time...
Last edited by aterford on Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby pyrasur » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:11 pm

I'm sorry friend, but I have two rules on this forum:

1) If you demand we sign Maximilian Philipp to replace Juan Bernat, I immediately know you don't actually care enough to know what you're talking about.
2) If you use more than 3 sets of ellipses in a single post OR use a series of emojis because one just ISN'T enough :oops: :oops: :oops: , even if i wanted to read your opinion, I have a condition which makes it physically impossible (I'm not smart).

I forgive you this time because you did end the majority of sentences with full stops. But you are on strike one! :)
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:14 pm

aterford wrote:Yev Lashin

God's sake man...
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby aterford » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:02 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:

God's sake man...

Hahahaha. I didn't even notice. Must've had a bit of a dyslexic moment amidst that rant ahaha
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:37 pm

aterford wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:

God's sake man...

Hahahaha. I didn't even notice. Must've had a bit of a dyslexic moment amidst that rant ahaha

It's his BDSM alter-ego.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bastos80 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:31 pm

aterford wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Their 2 CB's looked like 2 amateurs in the Pokal game. Hope it was just a day off because they've spent a lot money on both

Yup, they have a lot of problems IMO...
I really rate Akanji, solid at the WC, but Diallo has never impressed me. IMO Delaney and Witsel cover a lot of the same ground and was kinda redundant to sign both (especially with Weigl still around, ha). Dahoud continues to look like one of the worst players I've ever seen (and my god, that haircut), Wolf was poor, and Hitz has made Bürki (who most Dortmund fans I know think is sh*t) look like Yev Lashin so far this preseason....Of course it's early and hard to draw many conclusions, but I think their squad is seriously unbalanced right now, and frankly I'm just not sure Favre has the "fortitude" for such a project...and WOW do they ever need a striker. Sounds like now they're looking at Divock Origi or Paco Alcacer, but I don't think Alcacer wants a permanent move out of Spain, so if it's him it'll either be a loan or they'll get yet another player who can't wait to leave Dortmund as soon as he lands...

Also, I'm not one to claim conspiracy, as I know we've had our share of Bayern-dusel....but I thought 5+ minutes of stoppage time at the end of regulation was just insane! Watching the match, on my broadcast they hadn't shown how much stoppage time was called for. I thought to myself, two, three, MAYBE four minutes AT MOST. So to see it go to five, six, seven minutes was just mad to me. I have to think the game were being held in Fürth or perhaps if BVB were ahead we wouldn't have seen so much stoppage time...

FYI, the DFL decided to measure added time more precisely, usually meaning more added time.
It's going to be the same for everyone.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Batman » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:20 pm

Witsel so far has big impact on dormunds game. He shows he is world class player. Honestly, I think Borussia can fight for title this season especially with Favre. They have really dinamic attack with Reus, Phillip and Pulisic and if they sign Paco, they will be more dangerous. But Reus as CF is not bad option at all. They attack reminds me on liverpool with firmino as false nine.
Batman
Getting the hang of it

Postby Manchu » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:19 pm

Does Dortmund have an internal rule that they have to sell 3 or 4 good players every year without buying adequate replacements? Since Spring 2016 they've sold:
2016/17: Mkhitaryan, Hummels, Gundogan
2017/18: Bartra, Aubameyang, Ginter, Sven Bender, Adrian Ramos
2018/19: Yarmolenko, Sokratis, Castro, Sahin, Schürrle, and they're trying to sell Kagawa although they probably won't manage it before the deadline.

Obviously, not all of these players are world class(I would say that Mkhitaryan, Hummels, and Gundogan are the only ones that really stand out), but they are all all at least decent players, and generally are much better than the players that Dortmund replaced them with(seriously, Wolf as Yarmolenko's replacement :roll: ). As a result, every year Dortmund struggles more and more in the league(the supposed second best team in Germany has managed just one finish above third place in the last 4 seasons).
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany