You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby DRvad14 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:40 pm

DRvad14
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:05 am

I think Favre is an ideal fit for Dortmund. Hope they can get him
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby aterford » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:25 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I think Favre is an ideal fit for Dortmund. Hope they can get him

Agreed. Dortmund have no problem with mediocrity and Favre's made a career on being 'average'. A match made in heaven!
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:32 pm

Vettel is average in a average car.
JANCKER

Postby tflags » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:37 pm

aterford wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:I think Favre is an ideal fit for Dortmund. Hope they can get him

Agreed. Dortmund have no problem with mediocrity and Favre's made a career on being 'average'. A match made in heaven!

Careful :mrgreen: . Dortmund made a career actually on counter attacking the hell out of games in two seconds. Favre singlehandidly started the Kounterland movement. Back in the day, with the resources as their disposal, it was Klopp AND Favre making the league what it now freaking lacks. Tactics.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:54 pm

JANCKER wrote:Vettel is average in a average car.

1. Yes, because Favre is on the level of Vettel :lol: :lol:
2. Point remains, he'll be driving an "average car" in Dortmund, their squad is a mess.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:55 pm

tflags wrote:
aterford wrote:

Careful :mrgreen: . Dortmund made a career actually on counter attacking the hell out of games in two seconds. Favre singlehandidly started the Kounterland movement. Back in the day, with the resources as their disposal, it was Klopp AND Favre making the league what it now freaking lacks. Tactics.

For me he's always been a manager who can take mediocre teams and turn them into good teams. I've no reason to believe he can take a good team and turn them into a great one or take a great team and turn them into a silverware-winning one.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby RedQueen » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:58 pm

Stöger said after the derby yesterday that it's a good thing his contract ends by June 30th.

This is the third coach in a row who has problems with that squad. Maybe the fourth if you count Klopp's remarks at the end of his tenure. Maybe it's a about time Aki&Susi realize that something's wrong there at the root, and stop blaming everything on the bomb attack and Evil Tuchel.
Last edited by RedQueen on Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:46 pm

Yup, that’s the opinion of a number of Dortmund fans I’ve heard from too. They’ve had players who have had problems with four coaches now. At some point you’ve got to consider who the problem *really* is!

Interestingly, if I’m reading it correctly, yesterday’s kicker made it sound like extending Stöger is still an option. They make it sound like if Dortmund qualifies for UCL he’s still a possibility—apparently the logic is that signing someone like Favre would make them unable to sign Nagelsmann in 2019 while extending Stöger for a year would keep that option on the table.
(Assuming we don’t go for JN in 2019, too...)
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:55 pm

I liked the quick counter attacking football that Favre developed with Gladbach and I think he could do something similar with a much better squad in Dortmund
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby RedQueen » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:06 pm

The question is whether Stöger himself wants to stay for another season; looks to me more that he'd love to get out sooner rather than later.

Reports from Austria saying Marco Rose is on the top of their list.

Favre also seems an option at Gladbach again, where Hecking is rapidly losing support.

IMO, unless Watzke and Zorc stop backing their darlings instead of the coach, the next failure is inevitable, no matter whether it's Favre or Rose or Nagelsmann. Question for me is, after everything that's happened in the past three years, who would even accept that job.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:19 pm

RedQueen wrote:The question is whether Stöger himself wants to stay for another season; looks to me more that he'd love to get out sooner rather than later.

Reports from Austria saying Marco Rose is on the top of their list.

Favre also seems an option at Gladbach again, where Hecking is rapidly losing support.

IMO, unless Watzke and Zorc stop backing their darlings instead of the coach, the next failure is inevitable, no matter whether it's Favre or Rose or Nagelsmann. Question for me is, after everything that's happened in the past three years, who would even accept that job.

Yup, you're exactly right. And - no offense to him - but when a guy like Peter Stöger (for whom BVB should really be a dream job IMO - I don't really think he could feasibly set his sights much higher) seems to be more willing to pack his bags than extend and keep working with that squad - if that's not a major red flag, I don't know what is.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby Manchu » Mon May 14, 2018 7:42 pm

Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby JJJ » Sat May 19, 2018 2:23 pm

Dortmund have signed Marvin Hitz!

Sent from my LG-D722 using Tapatalk
Kraft
Hummels, Badstuber, Alaba
Schöpf, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can, Contento
Müller, Wagner

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat May 19, 2018 3:58 pm

#-o
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany