You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby America USA » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:23 pm

Saw that Reus came back today and Gotze was brought on for him and scored. Good news for Germany that these two are back on the field again. Long may this continue!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:38 pm

The last time when Reus played was,i believe 9 months ago.To be honest i don't think he will play more than 10-15 games,the same goes for Götze.
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby America USA » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:16 pm

It would be nice if users here could be a bit more magnanimous and optimistic over here :wink:

EDIT: @ Isiah - Re: Reus. TBH I don’t expect him to make it to the WC. He always finds a way to get injured. However, Mario Gotze still has a chance to make it to the World Cup. I want to see how he performs against Spain and Brazil. If he comes up with decent performances I think he has a good chance.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:21 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:The last time when Reus played was,i believe 9 months ago.To be honest i don't think he will play more than 10-15 games,the same goes for Götze.

5-6 years ago Germany's future looked so bright - Reus, Götze, Draxler, Schürrle, M. Mayer...

Where are they 5-6 years later? Nowhere, in deep shít. Only Draxler is doing great even though many people had expected to be even better than he is right now, but injuries also played an important part of his development and that stupid Wolfsburg, but Julian survived everything and he's having a great time at PSG.

You don't know who's worse - Reus or Götze, though, everyone will say Götze since he was labelled as Germany's next Golden Ball winner.

I don't know whether they are candidates for the NT anymore, not for Russia 2018 squad. :? Terrible how it should have looked like nowadays with all these 4 mentioned guys, but Germany is still a powerful team without their presence and great form and that's definitely something awesome. Any other country, ie team would suffer big time.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:26 pm

Doong great? Meh... But definitely better than the others mentioned...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:47 pm

Fénix wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:The last time when Reus played was,i believe 9 months ago.To be honest i don't think he will play more than 10-15 games,the same goes for Götze.

5-6 years ago Germany's future looked so bright - Reus, Götze, Draxler, Schürrle, M. Mayer...

Where are they 5-6 years later? Nowhere, in deep shít. Only Draxler is doing great even though many people had expected to be even better than he is right now, but injuries also played an important part of his development and that stupid Wolfsburg, but Julian survived everything and he's having a great time at PSG.

You don't know who's worse - Reus or Götze, though, everyone will say Götze since he was labelled as Germany's next Golden Ball winner.

I don't know whether they are candidates for the NT anymore, not for Russia 2018 squad. :? Terrible how it should have looked like nowadays with all these 4 mentioned guys, but Germany is still a powerful team without their presence and great form and that's definitely something awesome. Any other country, ie team would suffer big time.
Reus hardly flopped. He's had a bad time with injuries but has been great whenever he played. Hopefully he will be back to his best before season's end. If he does, IMO he is a sure 100% starter for Germany. Back in 2013-2014 he was probably the best LW in the world.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:16 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Fénix wrote:

Reus hardly flopped. He's had a bad time with injuries but has been great whenever he played. Hopefully he will be back to his best before season's end. If he does, IMO he is a sure 100% starter for Germany. Back in 2013-2014 he was probably the best LW in the world.

You mean aftera certain Frenchman? ;)
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:24 pm

#12 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
Fénix wrote:[quote="IsiahRashad"]The last time when Reus played was,i believe 9 months ago.To be honest i don't think he will play more than 10-15 games,the same goes for Götze.

You mean aftera certain Frenchman? ;)[/quote]

Ribery was mostly injured in 2013-2014 if I recall correctly, but I might be wrong. Remember how decisive Reus was against Madrid that season? He was playing at an exceptional level.

PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:23 pm

I don't have any confidence whatsoever Reus will be able to maintain health/form consistently going forward. Looking at his injury history, they're getting more frequent and more severe as he ages.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:02 am

He keeps running all the time and doesn't seem to reinforce the legs with weights. Really bad call if that's the case.
tflags

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:08 am

DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:34 pm

Do you guys pronounce Pulisic as pulisick or pulisitch? I've heard both versions from Sky Deutschland commentators.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:35 pm

The latter, since he is Croatian...
Like Boksic... Ladic, Rakitic,Modric
Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:58 pm

MUTU wrote:Do you guys pronounce Pulisic as pulisick or pulisitch? I've heard both versions from Sky Deutschland commentators.

I would say "sitch" is technically more correct, but Pulisic himself pronounces it as "sick", and I have to think he gets to be the authority on how his name is said, haha
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:59 pm

aterford wrote:
MUTU wrote:Do you guys pronounce Pulisic as pulisick or pulisitch? I've heard both versions from Sky Deutschland commentators.

I would say "sitch" is technically more correct, but Pulisic himself pronounces it as "sick", and I have to think he gets to be the authority on how his name is said, haha
Pulisick is more marketable for the US market ;)
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany