You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby America USA » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:24 am

I agree with Redqueen on this. BvB have themselves to blame for not acting like sensible mature adults. Should’ve never sacked Tuchel over petty quarrels and needed to handle the situation much more professionally than that did. On top of that they appoint a tactically naive guy like Bosz and things went even further south.

They even lost Sven who now seems to be on a mission to make sure that Arsenal get all of Dortmund’s talents (not that I mind but I'd like Pulisic for Bayern)

Their Mismanagement is their own fault and then other German teams hate on Bayern. Bayern are a fantastically run club and all other BL clubs need to learn from that rather than jealously resent it.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

Postby Borusse » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:49 pm

Yeah, in the last year-year and a half we were too focused on achieving the economic success and while doing so we neglected our sporting development.

If you look at our squad now there are not even any real "stars" left. We have a bunch of decent players and some young talents but no one really stands out anymore. It pains me to see that happen.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby aterford » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:04 pm

I hate to slag on BvB and kick them while they're down but it really is a sorry state of affairs at the moment.
I have watched the majority of BvB games this season and....it's just not good.

Just looking at the current squad makeup...
-Bürki is wildly inconsistent and IMO a mid-table keeper at best
-Sokratis is quality but has been linked with moves away
-Toprak has been terribly underwhelming and IMO his best days are already past.
-Zagadou and Akanji both show potential, but, let's be honest....if they pan out, they'll probably move
-Schmelzer is past it and as best I can tell has been a nuisance in the locker room these days, having trouble with Tuchel, Bosz, Stöger, etc.
-Toljan has been mediocre
-Guerreiro is quality
-Durm is nearing Reus-levels of injury frequency
-Piszczek has been playing well, but at his age you have to think his days are numbered
-Weigl really hasn't been that great in a season and a half now....He's decent but cannot cope with pressing teams and it's been clear for a while now. He's another one who's been consistently linked with a move away
-Sahin has been poor, it's clear his best days are behind him
-Dahoud has been awful
-Castro has been mostly awful
-Rode is Rode
-Götze has actually been playing mostly well
-Kagawa has been playing mostly well too, but he's slowing down and IMO seems to play isolated a lot
-Reus....I basically consider him retired at this point
-Philipp I am a big fan of. Provided he can stay healthy..
-Schürrle is crap (Though not as bad as many BVB fans claim I think)
-Sancho is talented but I'll be surprised if he doesn't try and force a move sooner than later. Forced a move out of Man City and is good friends with Dembele and Auba so...I imagine he'll follow course.
-Pulisic is class (but hopefully he comes to Bayern :D ) - I think he moves within the next year or two regardless
-Isak....not sure what he has to do to find the pitch at this point. Can hardly get a game
-Yarmolenko is one of the worst footballers I've ever seen
-Batshuayi is going to be great IMO but with seemingly no buy-option Dortmund probably won't pay what Chelsea want to make it permanent in 6 mos.

Just...hard to see how things get better anytime soon. Watzke and Zorc are seemingly content to sit on the Dembele money and I expect they'll largely do the same with the Auba funds. I think things get worse before they get better for Dortmund. Truthfully there's just not a lot of quality in that squad at the moment - and the majority of quality that exists is either young and inconsistent or old and slowing down.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:01 am

MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:
MUTU wrote:Why do you guys keep writing BvB? It's a capital V as well, i.e. BVB not BvB.

This might be why. From their website:

Many fans see a further meaning in the abbreviation "BVB" and say it stands for "Borussen vom Borsigplatz" (Borussen [Borussia fans] from Borsigplatz [a square in a Northern district of Dortmund's city]) because the club was found in Borsigplatz, in the North of Dortmund, in the restaurant called "Zum Wildschütz" on 19 December 1909.

Even their Twitter account is @BVB, not @BvB.

Thanks for the potential explanation, even though I doubt many people knew BVB stood for "Borussen vom Borsigplatz" (at least I didn't!)

It stands for „Ballspielverein Borussia“
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:55 am

^ That is why I have always capitalized just the "B"s....Ballspielverein Borussia
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby tflags » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:08 am

Borussen von Batshuayi!!
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:18 am

aterford wrote:^ That is why I have always capitalized just the "B"s....Ballspielverein Borussia

But it's wrong. You should follow the convention and the abbreviation they use for themselves, and that's BVB not BvB . Dammit! DAMMIT I SAID IT'S BVB!!! BVB! Get it? GET IT?!?! AAAAAAAArrrrrghhhhh *tears the little hair he has left out*
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:44 am

So BvB is sitting in what? 2nd place? It is a nice recovery after losing a crucial player and all. I think. :mrgreen:
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:13 pm

IsiahRashad
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby aterford » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:46 pm

Bahahahahah. Does anybody really believe this??? You could field a UCL-contender XI solely with players Watzke said they wouldn't allow to leave :lol: :lol:
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:46 pm

WATZKaaaaaaaap

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:31 pm

What’s up with Mario Gotze? Is he injured? If so, for how long? I would personally like to see him in the March friendly games against Spain and Brazil.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

Postby Isabella » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:06 am

America USA wrote:What’s up with Mario Gotze? Is he injured? If so, for how long? I would personally like to see him in the March friendly games against Spain and Brazil.

For Transfermarkt he has back trouble with an unknown return date, but today was he was training with the ball
Isabella
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Italy

Postby Borusse » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:17 pm

Reus is the real Batman of Dortmund. He came when he was neeed, he's fighting for the good of the club and soon he'll go back to his cave to heal wounds.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:06 pm

How did Reus play? :D
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany