You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby RedQueen » Thu May 11, 2017 8:09 am

Can't see tweet? Click here!
Can't wait for him to make Suarez go vegetarian, meditate and dance.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Thu May 11, 2017 3:39 pm

Many of my Dortmund friends are suspecting this has something to do with the troubles at BvB......Barca has long been Tuchel's dream job, with it opening up they are wondering if there's any connection there.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Thu May 11, 2017 6:11 pm

RedQueen wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!
Can't wait for him to make Suarez go vegetarian, meditate and dance.

Considering he's already so deprived of meat he resorts to the occasional human from time to time...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby dewajack » Thu May 11, 2017 6:33 pm

Tuchel seems like a difficult personality to deal with, however, I obviously have no firsthand knowledge of this. I think considering the transition they were dealing with this season, as well as the injuries, and especially the bombing, I would like to see him at BVB another season to see what would happen. I can't see Barca hiring him at all. Their biggest need is defense, and he won't remedy that problem. Maybe he'll end up at PSG and take Aubameyang with him. Who knows.
dewajack
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Thu May 11, 2017 9:06 pm

Arsenal or Tuchelkusen.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Thu May 11, 2017 9:09 pm

Tuchel will set a record at Barca... my money on 'gets sacked before the first half of the season'. :P
JANCKER

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu May 11, 2017 9:14 pm

You're all wrong. Tuchel would do great at Barça. He turned Reus-Aubameyang-Mkhi into one of the deadliest attacking units in Europe, what he would do with Neymar-Suarez-Messi would be terrifying. Two or Three additions to the Barça squad and they are back on top of Europe.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Thu May 11, 2017 9:50 pm

The issue isn't his competence (which is undisputed). It's his high-maintenance personality.
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu May 11, 2017 9:53 pm

But, are his BVB conflicts a matter of him being TOO difficult, or a matter of BVB doing stuff which made it too hard for him?

I think he might be angry at the summer they had, in which they completely failed to replace 3 key players even remotely competently.

The Itzak, Merino, Götze, maybe even Mor, transfers seem to be purely board-choices.

In other words, would Tuchel be so difficult if they give him a stable high-quality squad?

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby RedQueen » Thu May 11, 2017 10:00 pm

He completely fell out with the Chief Scout, whom he banned from the training ground (I even read reports they won't be in the same room together), reports about other employees he treated disrespectfully, reports about players revolting... and there were problems at Mainz, too.

Kinda unfortunately, I like him (at least the version of him I can observe in pressers and interviews). He comes across as quite charming, intelligent, insightful, and sensitive. But judging from reports, that's Dr. Jekyll-Tuchel. Behind the scenes and off-camera, he seems to turn into Thomas-Hyde.
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby dewajack » Fri May 12, 2017 4:39 am

It probably didn't help that he followed Klopp.
dewajack
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:18 am

Boy, RedQueen, you really have a thing for weird coaches, don't you?!

I don't like him at all... Think he's a narcissistic asshole... Competent though...

I don't really see him staying, but I might be wrong...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Fri May 12, 2017 10:57 am

I thought he handled the aftermath of the attack absolutely great and rightfully got a lot of praise. Can't say the same about Watzke.

How can he stay after these events? No a word from Watzke in response to the media smear campaign against Tuchel by those journalists close to BVB (Röckenhaus, Dersch, Hennecke). Not a word from anyone from the club, or one of the players. Deafening silence, says more than any comment. Many believe these articles were launched by the club. Even if they weren't, if there was even a remote chance of mending the rifts they wouldn't just stand by and watch the media damage their coach like that, especially while they're still fighting for 3rd place and there's still the Pokal final to play.
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Fri May 12, 2017 11:58 am

Presser, for those understanding German.
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat May 13, 2017 5:01 pm

I was watching BVB parallel with Bayern, and Dembele can't stop improving. Commentators was calling him TBM - the black Messi. Damn, how we missed him...

Send via carrier pigeon.
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany