You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby runaway » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:15 am

You're right and it's in their hands even. Their next matches are against teams directly above them. 2 games to Hoffenheim, Frankfurt, then Bremen. They also got Wolfsburg. Must win games.

I've personally given up on a BVB comeback. They're just too unlucky. Doing everything right but putting the ball to the net.

via Tapatalk
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MUTU » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:41 am

runaway wrote:I've personally given up on a BVB comeback. They're just too unlucky. Doing everything right but putting the ball to the net.

The problem is that Borussia Dortmund is a team of mercenaries. Unlike Bayern, they don't have a core of homegrown talent. Instead, they throw expectations and responsibilities on the shoulders of players they acquired from other clubs. The problem with the latter is that if they have the tendency to move around, they are likely to do it again, especially so if they are simply using Borussia Dortmund as a stepping stone.

All in all, they've been unlucky, but they invited the situation upon themselves with the decisions they took over the years.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby runaway » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:53 am

True. BVB's core was their teenage gems that almost saw Klopp as their football dad. Now, they're disillusioned adults that are forced to reality and to look out for their own sakes.

Does BVB have money for a rebuild or do they have to sell players to fund their summer transfers?

EDIT: Just saw they will have an
Asian Tour this July and will play against Arsenal and Chelsea. [source]

The tour will help the club to exceed 200 million euros of sales in the year starting July even if it fails to qualify for European competition, he said.
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Korab » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:38 pm

MUTU wrote:
runaway wrote:I've personally given up on a BVB comeback. They're just too unlucky. Doing everything right but putting the ball to the net.

The problem is that Borussia Dortmund is a team of mercenaries. Unlike Bayern, they don't have a core of homegrown talent. Instead, they throw expectations and responsibilities on the shoulders of players they acquired from other clubs. The problem with the latter is that if they have the tendency to move around, they are likely to do it again, especially so if they are simply using Borussia Dortmund as a stepping stone.

All in all, they've been unlucky, but they invited the situation upon themselves with the decisions they took over the years.

I'm not sure BVB is much different than Bayern. First team of Bayern is studded with so called "mercenaries". But you're right they invited problems on themselves. The difference between 2 clubs are the conditions they offer players that's why they stay with Bayern as long as they can and Borussia's players are fleeing the club as fast as they can. Management of BVB just destroyed the best team they've ever had, players don't share Watzke's vision of building "New Bayern" financial empire on their backs. That's all.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby runaway » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:29 pm

runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby RedQueen » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:43 pm

Korab wrote:
MUTU wrote:The problem is that Borussia Dortmund is a team of mercenaries. Unlike Bayern, they don't have a core of homegrown talent. Instead, they throw expectations and responsibilities on the shoulders of players they acquired from other clubs. The problem with the latter is that if they have the tendency to move around, they are likely to do it again, especially so if they are simply using Borussia Dortmund as a stepping stone.

I'm not sure BVB is much different than Bayern. First team of Bayern is studded with so called "mercenaries".

The relevant point is the one about the core group. Müller, Lahm, Schweinsteiger are home grown and long term leading players at Bayern. They have another loyal player with Neuer who's somehow managed to be now part of the core group however unlikely that seemed when he arrived. I've long said that Dortmund has a leadership problem. I wonder if it's just coincidental that the trouble really kicked off when the captain's badge moved from Kehl to Hummels. The guy, in my opinion, just isn't captain material. Nor is vice captain Weidenfeller. Their actions and behaviour during this crisis proved that all over.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:02 pm

The most important difference between both teams is the money, forget about homegrown of Schweini and Lahm, the good salary they receive as also our others elite players, is the reason of why they dont leave Germany.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby RedQueen » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:08 pm

You don't make guys like Hummels and Weidenfeller better captains by simply throwing more money at them.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:23 am

Reus should be made captain, he's the one who steps up when Dortmund need it.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Borusse » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:27 am

Yeah, especially against Bayern he stepped up. :D
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby shindouhikaru888 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:38 am

runaway wrote:

Anyone finds it weird how reus suddenly stopped celebrating. As far as i can see, he didnt look back to watch the save, the only hints would be hummels running back to defend. Would be funny to see Reus continue celebrating.
shindouhikaru888
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:05 am

Borusse wrote:Yeah, especially against Bayern he stepped up. :D

Well... Hadn't we had the best keeper in the world, you would have gotten a point there hehehe
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Argeta » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:59 am

I'm starting to think Reus is a bit overhyped.. I'm never really impressed when I see him play anymore :/
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby runaway » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:10 am

shindouhikaru888 wrote:Anyone finds it weird how reus suddenly stopped celebrating. As far as i can see, he didnt look back to watch the save, the only hints would be hummels running back to defend. Would be funny to see Reus continue celebrating.

With how the loud the stadium was, he knew it didn't went it because the stadium didn't burst into uproar. He's no Higuain. :lol:
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MillaMjau » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:14 pm

Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

National Flag:
Finland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany