You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Badger » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:31 pm

MUTU wrote:7 goals scored by BVB in their last 2 matches. Not bad, not bad at all for a team that couldn't finish until some time ago.

I think Dortmund are still vastly superior to any other team in the lower half of the Bundesliga, and if they're in their rhythm again, they'll storm up that half of the league. A CL spot, unfortunately, is unrealistic, but a EL spot may be just about achievable, if they return to playing like the Dortmund of old. Some form of European football is virtually essential, if they are to incentivise their top players to stay, so while they won't admit it, such a finish is still among their targets.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby tflags » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:54 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I don't think there are too many players smarter than Reus. He's brilliant.

From Madrid to Freiburg, Reus intercepting a backward pass to the keeper is key to their goal scoring strategy.
tflags

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:21 pm

Badger wrote:
MUTU wrote:7 goals scored by BVB in their last 2 matches. Not bad, not bad at all for a team that couldn't finish until some time ago.

I think Dortmund are still vastly superior to any other team in the lower half of the Bundesliga, and if they're in their rhythm again, they'll storm up that half of the league. A CL spot, unfortunately, is unrealistic, but a EL spot may be just about achievable, if they return to playing like the Dortmund of old. Some form of European football is virtually essential, if they are to incentivise their top players to stay, so while they won't admit it, such a finish is still among their targets.

There are very few points separating EL from 4th place at the moment. I'd say the only thing that's certain is that they won't finish in the top 2. But yes, like you I believe they'll get into the EL at best.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ottackon » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:57 pm

There are rumours in Germany (Bild in particular) that Gündogan will sign a new contract within the next few weeks.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:28 pm

Probably announce it before the second leg against Juventus.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:23 pm

Wow that's great news for Dortmund. As long as they can keep Reus, Gündogan and Hummels they will remain a seriously competitive team. The post-Robbery/Lahm/Schweini transition is shaping to be a tough one.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:36 am

Hey Borusse what's going on with Kagawa? Has he been injured or something? Or it's just that he is having a poor season?
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby endrity » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:07 am

He seemed to be one of the best players in their 3 game winning stretch. I am not quite sure why he didn't play last night.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Borusse » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:23 pm

He didn't play because Klopp decided not to play him. Stupid decision. Probably wanted to have him rested for the Saturday derby.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:41 pm

Borusse wrote:Probably wanted to have him rested for the Saturday derby.

Do you believe what you write? Do you honestly think that Klopp puts more value to Saturday's match than yesterday's against Juve? Not being sarcastic/ironic/whatever, just asking, because it sounds possible given the complicated status of Dortmund at the given time.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:47 pm

MUTU wrote:

Do you believe what you write? Do you honestly think that Klopp puts more value to Saturday's match than yesterday's against Juve? Not being sarcastic/ironic/whatever, just asking, because it sounds possible given the complicated status of Dortmund at the given time.

don't be too sure... I think atm Klopp and the whole BVB doesn't give a sh** about the CL knowing that they don't stand a chance ... On the other hand the BuLi they have ground to recover and knowing that they are capable of achieving ...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:05 pm

I think he is because the line-up against Juventus was bullshit. We would have played a much better game with Kagawa there and Aubameyang up front. I think he wanted to give Miki and Ciro a chance and play the best line-up against Schalke.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:10 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

don't be too sure... I think atm Klopp and the whole BVB doesn't give a sh** about the CL knowing that they don't stand a chance ... On the other hand the BuLi they have ground to recover and knowing that they are capable of achieving ...

Yes but if Dortmund lose 6-0 on Saturday against Schalke, it won't be the end of the world and they still have a chance of reaching the CL next season, albeit it being more challenging.

Yet had they lost 6-0 yesterday against Juve, they would have definitely been out of the competition.

Also, each win in the CL, UEFA gives I forgot how much $$$. In the Bundesliga you don't get anything, just the 3 points with which you remain hopeful of getting a good position in the league at the end of the season. Not sure if I am making myself understood as I have a thumping headache and don't really know what I'm typing :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:21 pm

Not really, derby is our last chance for CL spots this season, pretty much every game from now on is our last chance. We need to keep a winning streak, especially against a rival that we're chasing.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MoFattal » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:26 pm

Yeah, I agree that the Schalke game is now way more important than the CL. BVB's focus now is more about being present in future CLs than progressing further in this one, keeping in mind the very slim chance of them being able to go all the way, honestly speaking. I definitely agree with this kind of logic.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany