You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Borusse » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:30 am

Yeah, I guess our pressing game would make them suffer more than Barcelona.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:40 am

Just watched the replay of BvB vs Napoli and Aubameyang is class! Maybe my african roots are making me biased but the guy is killer!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ruht » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:50 am

Borusse wrote:Maybe.

I believe that our strongest team has enough quality to reach the final again. We just need to get to 1/8 first.

And also, if we qualify, we will probably finish second. That means we will get one of these teams as our rivals: United, PSG, Real, Chelsea, Atletico, Barca

I would like us to face Barca. :P

From the teams listed I don't see anyone that you will have huge problems with. Maybe Atletico because they are a very physical side. Not too sure about Barcelona, Ajax pressed them quite well in the first half tonight and forced them to make errors. Not to mention their defence isn't quite up to scratch so that counter-attacking style of yours will rip them to shreds. United and Chelsea I really don't need to explain do I? :D PSG are playing well thus far but haven't really faced any big time.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:47 am

Hey Borusse, what about Gündogan? Is he ever going to be fit again? :twisted:

And btw guys, don't forget that Barça is dealing with a lot of injury problems (Valdes, Messi, Jordi Alba, Mascherano, Adriano...). They are much better than this. The same with Dortmund. I miss their fast passing game so much. They need their fullbacks + Gündogan fit to play that fantastic football once again.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby AdepT » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:20 am

YlonenXabi wrote: what about Gündogan?

From what I've read he should be fit in 2-3 weeks so he'll there after the winter break.
So will Hummels in Jan.

Borusse : Finish 2nd, meet ManU, ransack them, Kagawa comes back.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Borusse » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:56 am

I hope we can bring Kagawa back already in the winter but if that doesnt happen then I want United in 1/8 and a big Kagawa comeback. :D Dortmund fans love him.

Kaaaagawa Shinji! Lalala, lalala lala! Kaaaagawa Shinji! :D

And Im really optimistic about this CL season right now. We have the worst match behind us I think and we should now qualify to 1/8.

After doing that we can look forward to the comebacks of our key players. With Sahin it sometimes looks like we're playing with 10 men. He is not even half as good as Gundogan. With Ilkay back (I hope he will find his form), in-form Hummels, in-form Piszczek, in-form Schmelzer and Sokratis playing like he's been playing... This is a scary team. I think with all of those players healthy we do have a second best team in Europe. Maybe Im over the top with this one but I believe we are strong enough to make it to another final.

The league is already lost but we still need to gather points and stay in TOP3 at least. Second place should be our main target though.

With this win against Napoli my hopes for a great season are once again up. :P
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Tedesco » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:27 am

I would like to see how Dortmund would fare against a team like Man City. And I agree that Dortmund fit and in form is the second best team in Europe.

Another German final anyone? :D
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:25 pm

Borusse wrote:I hope we can bring Kagawa back already in the winter but if that doesnt happen then I want United in 1/8 and a big Kagawa comeback. :D Dortmund fans love him.

Kaaaagawa Shinji! Lalala, lalala lala! Kaaaagawa Shinji! :D

#-o Do you really love him?

You guys brought him to the elite football and he left like if you were some kind of average team. It's not the same case than Götze but I can't see why do fans love him.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby runaway » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:30 pm

YlonenXabi wrote: #-o Do you really love him?

You guys brought him to the elite football and he left like if you were some kind of average team. It's not the same case than Götze but I can't see why do fans love him.

And Kagawa left to get 4 times what BvB is paying him to sit on the United's bench. #-o
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Borusse » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:40 pm

Ha, thats because you dont know the story behind his transfer.

He wanted to stay in Dortmund but the person who forced the move on him was... his father. In Japanese culture its apparently normal that the father figure is so important that sons are taught to always listen to them and obey their will, you know what I mean. :P

Anyway, Manchester United and Premierleague in general is so hyped-up in Asia that it was HIS FATHER's dream for Shinji to play in Manchester. Before Shinji left he actually cried in Klopp's arms because he didnt want to go.

:wink:
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Tedesco » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:44 pm

I heard this story before. Quite sad.

It must be like a national holiday now when Kagawa plays for United (once a year).
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby runaway » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:53 pm

Borusse wrote:He wanted to stay in Dortmund but the person who forced the move on him was... his father. In Japanese culture its apparently normal that the father figure is so important that sons are taught to always listen to them and obey their will, you know what I mean. :P

Anyway, Manchester United and Premierleague in general is so hyped-up in Asia that it was HIS FATHER's dream for Shinji to play in Manchester. Before Shinji left he actually cried in Klopp's arms because he didnt want to go.

:wink:

Ahhh I haven't heard that before now it makes sense. But yes in Japan and a lot of Asian countries, what the parents (especially the father) wants is usually followed even if the son/daughter is of age.

Yes, EPL is more popular in Asia especially United which I don't understand since there are more Japanese and Korean players playing in Bundesliga. :| As you can see last summer, a lot of the PL teams had done Asian tours.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby SouthernStar » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:56 am

From the United side, they needed another "Asian star" since Park Ji-Sung left, and Kagawa is like some sort of celebrity in Japan it seems. No kidding, everytime I visit Asia, I feel like I'm being looked upon as some sort of alien because I support a German team (well I guess you can count US and Australia too) but EPL + the Spanish duo are really big in Asia, which is probably why Kagawa senior thinks Man U is better for his son :(

I'm hoping for Dortmund to meet an EPL team (which at this point, Chelsea and United are likely). But meeting United will be a much better narrative for Dortmund - you guys need to prove why Leverkusen is not a good representative of the league (I wouldn't have mind if they are like Schalke, average both domestically and in Europe, but Leverkusen is slicing left and right domestically :evil:) and obviously they need to prove a thing or two to Kagawa senior :wink:
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Ruht » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:42 pm

If anyone is going to trash Chelsea/United I'd rather it be us! It's going to be tough for them if they finish second though - Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, PSG all possible opponents. Of course they can beat them no problem, but it won't come easy.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby AdepT » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:58 pm

Ruht wrote:If anyone is going to trash Chelsea/United I'd rather it be us! It's going to be tough for them if they finish second though - Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, PSG all possible opponents. Of course they can beat them no problem, but it won't come easy.

Well, I'd rather we meet Arsenal. 2-0 comments on many forums just gets on my nerves.
That is why I am secretly hoping Dortmund win against Marseille and Napoli win 2-1 against Arsenal.
And they draw us and we'd be the death of them.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany